FR on Mitsubishi Triton(test drive)

Headshok

Hi guys,

As promised, i went to test drive the mitsubishi triton.

unfortunately, i kena bluff by one of the SEs last time who said the double cab was allowed to be test driven, only the single is allowed on the road for test drive.

Anyway, for those who are not aware, the 2 in the show room (leng kee), the double cab one is auto, the single cab one is manual

both have the carry boy cover installed liao. it looks much better now.

So after settling all the necessary stuff with the SE, got into the triton and cranked it up.

comfort wise, it was pretty good, now like those bone rattling shaker pickups, the only thing that is 'noisy' is the grunt from the disel engine.

also, like most of the disel vehicle si see, the gear knob is 'viberating' most of the time..

firstly, for the single cab, i had some difficulty getting out of the lot. I drove the double cab last week ard the parking lot and it was EASY, but for the single cab, just maybe i'm not used to the long bed. Also, the turnin radius for the triton, umm.. well. takes a bit of getting used to.

Also, ironically, for a goods vehicle, i always tot that these vehicles had a sh1t load of torque(so much until 2nd gear can move off like that),but the triton was like a car, at 2nd gear, not that much power( i noe some vans/commercial vechiles move off at 2nd gear, but not this baby)

so, becos of its size, its quite hard to manoeuvre it ard small tight places. the double cab was so much easier, but the single cab, a bit scary.

now for the fun part.

took it out onto the road.. i was thinkin " turbo sia, lets have some fun", so i pushed it at first gear, the engine roared, there was pick up, but the truck didnt really go as fast as i tot ( i was hoping for some pull back or something). then i swtiched to 2nd gear,

i tink after ard 2.5k rpm, then the turbo kinda kicked in and there was quite a pull back., then i upped to 3rd gear, the truck just wanted to go faster!! i mean, this baby had some serious power man!

i would say, this guy prob is faster than my lancer anyday (without all the sh1t i have in the boot).

handling wise, steerin was heavy ( its a big vehicle), but i'm ok with it.

but driving this truck gives u a dam shiok feeling, like ur on top of everything and pple will give way to u on the road.. haha

overall,

i would rate it like this

power=10/10 (addicted to wack)

comfort=8/10( double cab is dam shiok)

handling=6.5/10( dam big, turnin radius dam jiat lat)

looks=9.5 ( i would like it without the cover, but then gotta put the dam bars, sians)

overall, a lovely vehicle!

one thing to take note guys,

most of the SEs are dam lazy to go explain or let u take this out for a test drive cos C&C did not give them much info on it. most of them will tell u either no keys or not allowed on the roads yet.

the SE who attended to me is Jesse Ong, u guys can look her up,

i duno wat else to write on this FR,

hope its useful to other brothers here

cheers!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Nice detail FR [thumbsup] The double cab looks more attractive, at least can fetch some people if needed, and furthermore diesel should be cheaper than petrol.

Any chance you ordering one?

haha..

not yet man..

cos this is the first batch, they haven sort out wat comes with what, so i'm waitin till things are confirmed, then i'll get one.. heheh..

Thanks for the FR!

Just wondering if you have the answers to the following questions when you spoke to Jesse:

1. Estimated cost of servicing for the Triton every 10k km and what will the cost for major servicing be like?

2. Difference between the double-cab MT and AT is only the transmission? All cosmetics, trimmings, rims, features identical?

3. When will the 2nd batch be out? Seems like the 1st batch a bit c*ck up.

You should check out this sport lid by Carryboy...looks great:

http://www.carryboy.com/sportlid_gsm.php

for the servicing, since its new, this one the SE sure duno also

as for the double cab auto and MT, what i heard from anther SE is that wat u see in the show room (for double cab) will be standard for both manual and auto.

the difference in price is that he said the auto gear box for the triton is dam ex due to the 4wd and stuff.

the only thing that wont come standard it seems is the side step (illegal) and the carryboy (need to top up)

hope this helps

cheers

Hehe, Jessie was the SE tat attended to me when I test drove the Triton too. Is she your SE all along?

I was recommended to her by her sister, who is a SE at Nissan.

Road tax right now is $950/year but will be reduced to $875/year comes July. [thumbsup]

actually, i was lookin for my old SE (the one i got my lancer from), then found him, then he very dao, think earn too much liao

jesse i approached, at least she was nice enough to entertain.

aniway, she's ok lah.. most of the others tell me either no keys or weekend cannot test drive.

Neutral Newbie
haha..

not yet man..

cos this is the first batch, they haven sort out wat comes with what, so i'm waitin till things are confirmed, then i'll get one.. heheh..

Than estimate when the things will settle down? I went down to CnC to see the Colt wagon R, also jessie attended to me, very nice lady [gorgeous]

Neutral Newbie

I was thinking of buying a Mitsubishi Triton, Toyota Hilux or Isuzu D-Max double cab. Wanted to review the Hilux and Triton soon on my website (www.xxxxxxx.com) to fix my decision on one of them...hehe..but dunno if people will read or not :( but since media can take the truck the whole day and come up with some photos.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the review Headshok!

hi all

this is an updated pic of the triton with the carryboy installed, no more ugly bars behind

cheers

truck.jpg

haha..

i have buy yet leh..

FC from wat i heard, is abt 13km/L for normal driving. this was taken from online thai forum.

someone else said, the carryboy is ard 3k addition i tink.

its already on the road liao. saw a double cab on the road a few days back, but funny thing is, looks like they givin 15" rims instead of the 17" in the pic.