New Car Checklist

Chromas

You're quite right about this too.

Usually, we just find stains on the car body, eg. grease marks and sometimes on the leather too.

A good thorough check of the electrical systems, eg. lights wouldn't harm anyway. Always good to know that you're running on good set of lights, especially brake lights.

There have been a few isolated cases of cars upon leaving the collection centre dying on the owners barely after driving out of the centres too

Hi James,

Long time no see.

Yes, thanks for having compiled the list in the past and posting it on VOGS. A shorter list was available in the past before VOGS in another forum too.

That was all I had in the past when I collected my Vios before the VOGS days.

Hope you have been well lately.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

I am going to buy my first car soon, most probably it is a 1600cc. However i am not sure of the COE and it bidding, how it works.

My questions are:

1)Is Cat A better or the open CAT?

2)Some of the dealers include the COE rebate of 10k in the pricelist, what does it mean and how come Open CAT is not entitled to it?

3) Is full payment of the car recommended? I heard that you will be having some troubles when u want to sell or scrap the car

Sorry if i really sounded very noob but i really don't know much on the car purchase and COE things and sorry if this is not the correct thread as i am not allow to post new thread until min of 10 posting.

Thanks in advance and hope any kind helpful guys out here will be able to answer my questions. Thanks

• Praise 1

Cat A may end up being cheaper than Open Cat, but it depends. Open Cat allows one to purchase both A & B cars.

The 10k rebate refers to the scenario whereby usually COE may be around the 12k range. If it falls below 10k for some reason, eg. 8k, then the price of the car will less by 2k. nod.gif

Full payment of a car is always recommended. Don't let any SE tell u any other nonsense. They just want you to take on their loan packages which earns them commission. So most of us who can't afford to pay full, will get a loan. But if you can pay in full for a whole car, please do so. nod.gif

Please feel free to contact me anytime with regards to car related matters and I'll try my best to either answer them or direct you to the right person here in the forum who can do so. wink.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hi Chromas

Thks for the reply. I am planning to make my order this week, so do u recommend me to opt for Cat A COE or just take up the Open Cat ? And, what are some of the things i need to take note before signing the sale contract ?

Thanks a lot and hope to hear from u soon.

I'm not ultimately very familiar with the COE system, but a Cat A COE will usually be lower in price compared to the Open CAT one.

Before signing the sales contract, do try to bargain for some freebies, depending on the car you're getting.

Some people ask for free window tinting, others ask for rim upgrade. You can even try to ask for audio system upgrade, eg. DVD player, etc.

Or even maybe free leather seats if the original package doesn't come with it free.

Bargain hard and you should be fine with the deal.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks a lot. I agree that CAT A is cheaper, think i will go for it. I am going to buy a Lancer Sport Edition. The package already included leather seats, sports rims, tinted windows, it seem that i have almost everything? [:)] But i believe there i can still ask for more freebies, right?

See if you want to try to ask for upgraded rim sizes or maybe a bodykit to go along with it, but I think the sports edition comes with as well.

Maybe ask for a better sound system for the car.

I sat in a friend's new Honda Civic the other day and it was a very nice experience.

Neutral Newbie

Wow, it seem like there is a lot of freebies to ask for. So can anyone here tell me which are common freebies that are worth getting. Currently. the package they are offering me consiss of tinted window, reverse sensor, fog lamp, full bodykit, leather seats and sports rims. So is there anything else to ask for beside better audio system, trap mat, visors etc ? Thanks a lot [laugh]

↡ Advertisement