New Car Checklist

Chromas

CASE Consumer Alert for SG Vehicles https://www.case.org...umeralerts.aspx

@payingCUstomer64, this is the reason i banned your previous nick and deleted your posts as you tend to post in several threads of the same content without further elaborate.

I call this spamming, if you continue to post this message in another thread, i will do the same. 

**Update: i was right! i just deleted your 3rd similar post in another thread and moderate your posting for 7 days.

I am not sure it is timely to share this but many of my friends and colleagues had gone thru' (some still going thru') this phase, ie similar decision-making process.  After robust deliberations by most of them, it was felt that if one wants to continue to drive on, and can afford, it is more worthy to buy a brand new car at this moment.  For easier understanding, simply compare the depreciation values between a used car and a new car.  But only if affordability (for a new car) is not an issue, pls. 

First Alternative

An alternative, if you can live with it for a short period of time, is not to plunge into any car purchase at the moment and wait for the "right" time to move in.  I'm no guru/expert, or even a fortune-teller, but having read several reports on COE-related matters, there is a probable positive outcome for a COE dip in the coming months, or a year or two.

Second Alternative

Another alternative will be to temporarily purchase a used car that has about 1-2 years of "lifespan" (8-9 yrs old) to tide you over.  Especially for drivers whose current cars are left weeks, months to scrap.  The used car should cost much lesser and tide you over for a good time before you make the next move.  If you can afford to not take up any loan, your savings will come in handy in the 1-2 years to come to change for a new or newer used car, depending on the car market then.

The above are live scenarios which is happening to those whom I know.  Few had scrapped their cars and have been anticipating for a COE dip in the coming months; some bought cars that were left with 1-2 years (also to anticipate COE dip in the coming 1-2 years); while few went ahead to buy new cars over the past few weeks period.

Hope this helps:)

Yah...many are facing this when car are up for scrap atm. Used cars are very expensive just a week ago. I was car hunting then...not sure after the 45k coe happening...got drop or not

Yah...many are facing this when car are up for scrap atm. Used cars are very expensive just a week ago. I was car hunting then...not sure after the 45k coe happening...got drop or not

got drop, but as usually, never drop as much as we hoped [furious]

Thank you for your detailed reply. Appreciate it.

Seems like I will delay my decision till Feb-Mar 2016 before the COE of my current car expires. Hopefully COE trend will be clear by then.

I have some experince . At final choose new car. It is depend u luck for used car. But one thing u should clear there will be no car near to 10 year have no problem at all. U will need to prepare more cash for parts replacement. Even for my last ride toyota also spend me alot money to repair .

My advise if u want to buy new car. U should not wait after new year. Just my personal thinking.

Hi experts,

My toyota altis is coming to its 10yrs on apr 2016. Calculating the depreciation for 5yr(6100/yr) and 10yr(5300/yr), obviously it is a better deal to renew but thinking abt the current downtrend of coe, seems more worth to get a new car. Of cos depend on budget. E.g. vezel depre ard 9-10k/yr.

I just wanted to find out how will a cars parf value affect a car's resale value. Cos im currently lookng at cheapest korean k3/elantra over qashqai/vezel/shuttle. Becos of the cev rebate, parf value of a k3 is much more than the japan cars i mentioned. Or the resale price is more towards the brand and country made?

Cos now thinking if is worth to spend 19k for qashqai and 16k for vezek with lower parf value?

Hope i have posted in the correct thread. Thanks guys.

Neutral Newbie

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

thanks

Turbocharged

That is very true.  Its a pity. 

Somehow I wonder what will change in the local car industry if some maker decides to set up one here.

I'm sure the local boss can assist in a big way to help those interested.

What a shame this is...

Sporeans so expensive to hire.

Rental so high

Kacang putih market.

Neutral Newbie

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

Swee, good reference for delivery of car.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi

Have done some updates according to my needs (like keyless entry and camera)

AM uploading it for anyone who wish to have it

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

any one can share the process after the COE bid is successful ? 

like what the AD will help to do like the registration? LTA inspection ? when COE will start and delivery of the car? 

thanks.

Neutral Newbie