New Car Checklist

Chromas

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Great info! thanks for sharing, especially for first time car owners like me.

Edited by glyeo84
↡ Advertisement

From my own experience buying from parallel importers.

1) They gave cheap floor mats instead of good quality mats from car maker

2) Suspect they changed some parts like dashboard to low quality alternatives as they started to "melt" after a few years when under the sun, bumper coz had an accident and the repair man told me mine is not the original one.

3) Should request for choice of number plate shape (long or the squarish). Would have prefer the long one

One more item to consider adding to the check-list as this item is commonly provided FOC.

- Check Solar film for air bubbles/unevenness.

Neutral Newbie

hi everyone, just want to check is it a normal practice that the AD give you  last minute notice on when you can collect your new car? ,

was told expected is 5-8 aug,  and i tried to get a confirm date today with my SC, but he told me to be patient. As much as i want to collect my car early, i have plans that is pending because of this So just want to check if this is the normal practice before i start pushing harder.

regards,

hi everyone, just want to check is it a normal practice that the AD give you  last minute notice on when you can collect your new car? ,

was told expected is 5-8 aug,  and i tried to get a confirm date today with my SC, but he told me to be patient. As much as i want to collect my car early, i have plans that is pending because of this So just want to check if this is the normal practice before i start pushing harder.

regards,

I receive notice from my SE 2 weeks before delivery. Told me that the car is in SG already and need to go through all the processes before car can be handed over to me. You can definitely push harder since it is AD and they should have the info by now if the collection date is 5-8 Aug as mentioned by you. Have you paid the remaining downpayment of the car? I paid mine 10 days prior to collection of car.

Neutral Newbie

I receive notice from my SE 2 weeks before delivery. Told me that the car is in SG already and need to go through all the processes before car can be handed over to me. You can definitely push harder since it is AD and they should have the info by now if the collection date is 5-8 Aug as mentioned by you. Have you paid the remaining downpayment of the car? I paid mine 10 days prior to collection of car.

yeah, mine is ex stock , so abt 1.5 weeks ago  24th Jul , i sign, paid all outstanding on 25th ,  car registered on 28th, was told expected is 5 - 7 aug (just rechecked my emails it was 7) ,  received all my documents  i.e road tax label, lta information, insurance, on 1st Aug, so i ask for confirmation on monday, was told they cant cfm, followed up on wed , was instead told to be patient.

Tbh i dont really care which of the 3 day i collect,  but the frustrating thing is  i am excited to collect the car and do not want to postpone collection to next week but yet i cant seem to firm up my personal plans because of the open dates, so i thought before i jump the gun and be anal i just check whats the normal practice. haha

thx for your info thou !

cheers.

yeah, mine is ex stock , so abt 1.5 weeks ago  24th Jul , i sign, paid all outstanding on 25th ,  car registered on 28th, was told expected is 5 - 7 aug (just rechecked my emails it was 7) ,  received all my documents  i.e road tax label, lta information, insurance, on 1st Aug, so i ask for confirmation on monday, was told they cant cfm, followed up on wed , was instead told to be patient.

Tbh i dont really care which of the 3 day i collect,  but the frustrating thing is  i am excited to collect the car and do not want to postpone collection to next week but yet i cant seem to firm up my personal plans because of the open dates, so i thought before i jump the gun and be anal i just check whats the normal practice. haha

thx for your info thou !

cheers.

What?? The car is registered on 28th and till now you havent collected the car? Your COE starts ticking already leh. Pls kick up a big fuss and ask for explanation or compensation from AD if they still give you this kind of open ended answers. Write email officially to them and state your frustrations. You might wanna let all the bros out there know which AD this is so we can all avoid them like a plague. COE already so high and yet you are losing time on your COE when it is registered but you haven't start driving.

Neutral Newbie

What?? The car is registered on 28th and till now you havent collected the car? Your COE starts ticking already leh. Pls kick up a big fuss and ask for explanation or compensation from AD if they still give you this kind of open ended answers. Write email officially to them and state your frustrations. You might wanna let all the bros out there know which AD this is so we can all avoid them like a plague. COE already so high and yet you are losing time on your COE when it is registered but you haven't start driving.

Look like im the big Robert here, and i thought it was normal industry practice to do that. 

yeah i kicked up a big fuss sent in an nasty email and my SE called to confirm my delivery date after my second chaser.

Probably not gonna expose the AD at this stage unless they really haphazardly pass me the car.  Calculated i think abt 130$ from registered till collection day, but oh well.

Of course if anyone wanna know can pm me, not gonna hide it either.

cheeros.  cant wait for my car this friday.

I can fully relate to having paid all and car being grounded as that was what I experienced for my last purchase with the AD for a German marque.

For the recent purchase, I only made the final settlement the week before collection date (~ 5 days in advance).

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

Thanks, it helped me.  Also, one added thing would be to ensure that you fully understand how the car loan works.  I got duped/misrepresented on a loan with an interest rate from UOB for 2.78% per year, actually the effective rate is 5.03%.  They will charge you total interest at day one.  it is not a declining balance method.  SE and even some of the loan officers do not say this to you.

Just as an FYI.  Not sure if everybody already knows this.

• Praise 1

hi,

i'm a new driver. can i find out if we can buy used car w/o downpayment? And what do we need to look out for?

Edited by SweetSuz

hi,

i'm a new driver. can i find out if we can buy used car w/o downpayment? And what do we need to look out for?

Used-car dealer should not have problem to strike a deal with zero downpayment. Do note that you may still need to fork out insurance (can use credit card to pay), first month installment, and transfer fee or sometimes dealer may charge you agreement fee.

So technically speaking, I dun think can get a $0 drive away. Terms and conditions always apply. :)

Thanks, it helped me. Also, one added thing would be to ensure that you fully understand how the car loan works. I got duped/misrepresented on a loan with an interest rate from UOB for 2.78% per year, actually the effective rate is 5.03%. They will charge you total interest at day one. it is not a declining balance method. SE and even some of the loan officers do not say this to you.

Just as an FYI. Not sure if everybody already knows this.

Almost all the car loans are structured this way, i am not aware of declining charge so far. For those who are looking at those 10% downpayment like the one offered by C&C, the flat interest rate is about 4% annually; that means abiut 40% over 10 years. It works out to be about 8% if based on reducing outstanding sum computation.

Used-car dealer should not have problem to strike a deal with zero downpayment. Do note that you may still need to fork out insurance (can use credit card to pay), first month installment, and transfer fee or sometimes dealer may charge you agreement fee.

So technically speaking, I dun think can get a $0 drive away. Terms and conditions always apply. :)

tq so much for the info! really appreciate it

btw any recommended car dealers that selling used cars that i can window shopping?

↡ Advertisement