New Car Checklist

Chromas

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

Thanks for this! 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Anyone care to share on what are the reasons salesman will delibrately delay new car delivery?

Sales quota reason.

This month or this quarter sales quota met or exceeded.

So push to next month or quarter.

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

It is so nice of you.

do you have enough money [confused]

not sure which thread to ask this.... If my COE is expiring end of March 2018, when is the best time to sign for a new car to avoid being car less and also minimise having 2 cars at the same time?

never bought new car before... usually prefer to buy used cos of lower depreciation but it seems now new cars has lower depreciation!

• Praise 1

My friend from US is going for this AUDI A5 coupe on lease deal from DSRLeasing, damn, it must be sweet to have this kind of cash, but still I kinda dislike him bragging about it so much on facebook.

• Dislike 1

Hi all

I have recently bought a car from a AD and during the purchase, I have specifically inform the SE that I can only collect the car in end-September.

Now that they have successfully secured my COE this week, the SE said i need to make the balance payment by end of this week.

So my questions are,

1) am I obligated to pay the balance now?

2) if I pay now, does it mean that my car will be registered immediately? If yes, that means my COE will be activated now instead of end-September when I collect the car (i.e. wasted one month of COE).

3) when is the latest i can make the balance payment?

Thank you...

Hi all

I have recently bought a car from a AD and during the purchase, I have specifically inform the SE that I can only collect the car in end-September.

Now that they have successfully secured my COE this week, the SE said i need to make the balance payment by end of this week.

So my questions are,

2) if I pay now, does it mean that my car will be registered immediately? If yes, that means my COE will be activated now instead of end-September when I collect the car (i.e. wasted one month of COE).

Thank you...

you have to pay now because when you bought the car, its based on registering the car in Aug and collecting in Sept, its a common practise, if you want to register in Sept, price will be higher.  its an industry norm.

you get it registered now, you be surprised what the SE can do for you to get the car out faster.  Maybe just bargain with them for an additional free servicing to help register the car in Aug.  I think they can do it. 

you have to pay now because when you bought the car, its based on registering the car in Aug and collecting in Sept, its a common practise, if you want to register in Sept, price will be higher. its an industry norm.

you get it registered now, you be surprised what the SE can do for you to get the car out faster. Maybe just bargain with them for an additional free servicing to help register the car in Aug. I think they can do it.

May I know why is the price higher if register in Sep?

Hi all

So my questions are,

Thank you...

Usually u will have to pay the balance prior to collection of car as without full payment they will not register the car meaning u can't make payment on the day of collection as they need time for paperwork. Usually car registration is 1-2 day before collection of car. U might Wan to check with ur SE on the latest date for payment for end sept collection.

Btw wat car u got? Enjoy ur new ride...

May I know why is the price higher if register in Sep?

I may be spitballing but it could be COE or the prevailing exchange rates?

↡ Advertisement