Toyota Rush Review

Vit4wd

Hi Rush owners,

As my username tells, i have just gotten my 08 rush and i'm experiencing something funny on the transmission which i am not sure if it's normal or something else..

I was travelling on highway around 90km and when i tried to slow down to 50km, i feel the engine roared very loudly and the car pulled back. It gave me the feeling the transmission drop from 4 to 1 or 2 immediately without goin to 3rd gear at 50km, hence the whole car pulled back and gave out a loud engine noise.

It happens intermittent and im not sure if it's supposed to be like that or what. I have read a lot of review before changing my sedan to suv and i understand perfectly on the noisy engine etc. However im not prepared for the sudden drop in transmission gear when slowing down.

Pls advise if its normal. thanks

By the way, i have had the whole car sent for thorough checking before confirming the purchase. thanks

↡ Advertisement

Well I found a picture of a Rush's interior layout. It fits one mountain bike, assembled, diagonally across the rear cargo area. From the looks of it, with either car you can fit one bike assembled, or two bikes disassembled. I guess you aren't saying the Jazz is small inside anymore?

I believe not very good idea/safe to fetch a bike in upright position.

Bro,

What I suggest you need to change the Auto Transmission Oil. Most of the car owners not really notice how important is the ATF oil and sometimes they try to avoid to do so in order to save a few dollars and this may burn a big hole in the pocket to overhaul the Transmission.

Service manual usually advice to change every 40K and I did it every 20K (I'm not driving Rush). But for the cost of $100 +/- and can keep the AT in top shape, it's really worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi Marcostan,

Thanks for your advice! I wanted to but when the mechanic flush out my Transmission oil, he said its very clean and no need to change so he put it back :(

Maybe i should just proceed to change. Any good workshop to recommend? I used to drive Honda, hence i always go back to them but now i gotta source for new workshop.

Thanks

Bro,

First time come across, the workshop drain out the fluid and put back again. Since already drain out why not just use the new fluid.

I will send message to you. Think not nice to post the workshop name.

Rgds

Marcos

Hi, I'm a (fairly) new Rush owner. Can anyone tell me where to modify my Rush into more 4x4 looking? I'm looking at the following:

- raising height

- changing rims and tires

- installing a bullbar / rubar in the front

- installing Hella lights on bullbar

- installing a spade on the spare wheel

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement