Auto-tranny breakdown: Any warning signs ?

Darth_mel

does frequent changing of gear (for example change to N while waiting at traffic light etc) cause it to fail earlier?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Causes pre mature wear and tear. Leave it in 'D' and step on brakes will do. Or if your legs are lazy, just pull up your handbrakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what i taught too..but some people i knew advice on changing to N..

====================

[shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

1. I doubt there is a frequent need to shift between D and N at traffic light. If it is, why need an auto gearbox in the 1st place?

2. However, it should be more common to shift from D to other gear for the need of more hastened pick-up or steep slop climbing.

it makes sense..

Neutral Newbie

me too..i've flushed once at 10K, drain & fill 2 times using RL High Temp ATF till now..car mileage 63K coming end Apr 3yrs old liao..

Nope. That time they gave me some cheepo ATF when I specifically told the clown not to drain cos I had RP ATF already inside. But he disregarded my instructions & overfilled & 10 mins out of their ws, the pressure caused the ATF to rupture some pipe & my whole engine bay was filled with smoking ATF. I was on my way to JB & luckily it happened while I was still in SG. I called them & they came down & decided it was safe to still drive back to their ws where they repaired the damage.

After 1K km, they flushed out the cheepo ATF & filled it with RP, which they luckily had a couple of cartons lying in their store.

I dont like to use any ws cheepo ATF which they buy in bulk at discount prices. [thumbsdown]

yup that's my way too.

nothing beats fresh oil.

and always use the recommended ATF by the manufacturer.

if you change oil regularly ie oil change b4 recommended mileage,

flushing will not be necessary. having ATF cooler does help.

IMHO, Borneo just present to you a standard menu of items to be carried out, no more no less. As a car owner, you need to have some basic knowledge what needs to be done for regular maintenance.

For eg, a simple thing like tyre change, most owners don't know when to change. To them, clocking mileage beyond 60K-80K or having them for more than 2 years is ok, as long the tread looks ok.

If I'm not wrong, typically agents normally change the ATF every 80K. Mine is a PI car, so I don't go to agents for servicing. I keep track of what needs to be changed and just advised the workshop on what needs to be done.

Even though I equipped my car with a cooler, the temp can go beyond 90 degrees celsius with hard driving in hot weather. I don't have the comparison with and without the cooler to validate the effects of the cooler.

tyres life by right is longer than 2yrs...2yrs is abit short. dunlop gives 5yrs warranty.

Neutral Newbie

how much do u guys usually pay for labor for transmission filter and atf change? i checked with 4 different workshops... from 40-90 just for labor... :(

i am bringing my own oil, filter and gasket... tia.

Hi

Need help

There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.

Normally about 2000rpm onwards.

When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

Think its best for you to visit a workshop, can get an immediate response..

Hi

Need help
There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.
Normally about 2000rpm onwards.
When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

↡ Advertisement