Suzuki Every for $22,988?

Anokewee

hi, i just went for the KIA roadshow at Suntec. The Rio and Picanto doesnt come with ABS and airbags. Also been to the showroom at Leng Kee. The SE said the same thing, he even said even if willing to top up $$ also dont have. So i am not making sweeping statements unless the SE conned me. :)

our local rio and picanto no airbags, abs. the cerato comes with single airbag, except for premium version

Confirmed it is commercial vehicle.

comes with dual air bag and ABS .. better than KIA with no ABS and airbags [laugh]

Somemore got one row of passenger seat.

Also got free GPS leh and of cos the COE is guaranteed but only available in SG by end june.

U're making a sweeping statement by saying better than KIA with no ABS and airbags. [shakehead] Not all Kia models come w/o ABS and airbags. Like u mentioned, only Picanto and Rio don't have ABS and airbags, what about other Kia models? Did u ask the SE???

• Praise 1

perhaps he did not state specific model. anyway who wld want to compare a $23K commercial van tat comes with 2 SRS airbags, ABS with a $50K cerato tat comes with single airbag? the premium version cerato tat comes with 2 A/B will cost another 6K more leh

yup... insurance coverage is only for the employee/employer of the company registered....

this applies to Private Bus as well...

whaha... who in the world told u seats are allowed in the rear compartment for LGV?????

everyone doing that doesnt mean u can follow suit n plead ignorant when u r charge in court for breaking the law....

the car is definitely registered as light goods vehicle(LGV)... why dun u try asking fellow owners of the Every van n see if their passenger capacity exceeds(is more than) 1 in the logcard??? take a look at the van that is registered if u have chance, take a look at the Weight Plate..confirm is showing FRONT: 1 Drivers 1 Others... the van is also fitted with a SWD, rear got 70km/h & fitted with "G" plate

if lawfully allowed, the passenger capacity would be 3 or 4 (depending on the number of seat belts on the rear seat) shown in logcard

Edited by Dynaway

whaha...i not saying lorry driver are reckless.... but its jus me...jus dun like to drive a car with a rear view mirror that cannot see anything!!!

i dunno wat the heck they make rear view mirror for enclosed vans for...... see the goods??? lol

icic..but smaller vans dun haf this prob..then if u have glass panels at the cargo area(not advisable though as it is warmer)

the rear view mirror still can be quite useful...

u mentioned u driving COE car...let me guess..is it a suzuki swift ?

Edited by Gabriel

Turbocharged
(edited)

The Suzuki Every looks trendy and if the price is true, then it is really very cheap.

It has been around since 2005. How come we don't see that many around? Any reliability issue with this van?

I have driven a ten-year old 659cc before, it was a Hijet and I filled the goods compartment with furniture (full load). Together with a passenger infront, it can still move reasonably well despite the load.

Edited by Albeniz

Turbocharged
(edited)

Ok. The header caught your attention :-)

It's still a sensible alternative to a car. Back in 2007, it costs $25K with $1 COE. Vehicle price had not risen in 9 years.

Today, it costs $67K with $42K COE. Or $6.7K annual dep.

The cheapest brand new car costs almost $90K with COE ( Mit Attrage and Nissan Note)- $8.5k annual dep.

There are double transfer brand new units going at $67/69K for manual /Auto, incl COE, and with immediate registration . Do a Search in sgcarmart under 'Suzuki Every' in the Used Cars section.

Go for the 5 speed manual. The 3 speed Auto is a pain to drive, when the puny engine always protesting, which may affect your hearing in the long term

Edited by Vinceng

Anyone driving a Suzuki Every ? Need to ask if it is severly underpower given the same engine cc ?

The 5 speed manual is OK for a 660cc petrol van. But avoid the 3 speed auto. Very high rpm and underpowered.

The 5 speed manual is OK for a 660cc petrol van. But avoid the 3 speed auto. Very high rpm and underpowered.

With aircon on + cargo and up slope MSCP also fairly oK ?

With aircon on + cargo and up slope MSCP also fairly oK ?

Gotta manage expectations in this aspect - it is only 660cc, with a load capacity of 350kg. See photo, bottom right of van for load capacity

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=575406&DL=1173

I drove manual version upslope in car park with 2 pax on board, it was managable.

post-27974-0-24212100-1487068672_thumb.jpg