Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

Lawman123
  • Lawman123
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Need some advice on transfer of car ownership:

Suppose i want to buy a second hand car (relatively new car, abt 1 or 2 years) directly from a owner, i know that we can make a trip to LTA to do the transfer, which is relatively easy.

However, if the owner borrowed a car loan from a bank, how do i ensure that the car will not be towed away by the bank should the owner failed to pay the car loan. How does it work? I saw a few such cases in the newspaper before, and it is really a nightmare to find your newly bought car towed away.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

you shld contact the bank to show them the sales agreement between you and the seller and ask them to issue statement how much you need to redeemed the loan. you then have to pay the bank that amount of money before they will release the original log card

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

Eddie47
  • Eddie47
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi TS, in the first place are you taking a loan from any banks?

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

Kk88
  • Kk88
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

if taking loan...can the banker co-ordinate with the sellers banker instead?

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

Mroonws
  • Mroonws
    4th Gear
    Author Image

In the first place, can you transfer the car ownership when you still have loan???
I doubt so...Have to check with the banks....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Nhyone
  • Nhyone
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If the current owner has a loan, he won't be able to effect the transfer at LTA. It will be blocked. smile.gif
(void *) &NHY;

- All it takes for evil to succeed is a few good men to do nothing.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

Redeel
  • Redeel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Basically, the current owner's loan has to be settled with his financing bank first. The bank would then release a form B (think that's what it's called) to LTA in a few days, and LTA would only allow the transfer of ownership after seeing the Form B.

Of course, if you are not taking any financing, then you pay the owner the full amount when he settles the loan. If you are, then you need to get your car loan approved first. Your bank would be able to help with the ownership transfer too.

eddie (90085584)

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

Lawman123
  • Lawman123
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thanks a lot. That's very useful help.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone knows if the newly registered cars still have log cards nowadays?

Edited by Boxster, 27 April 2007 - 01:37 AM.

男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:18 AM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No log card liao. You just get a few pages of print out.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

Mroonws
  • Mroonws
    4th Gear
    Author Image

No more log card...now using computer print out.... nod.gif

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

Lawman123
  • Lawman123
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

yah i understand that there is no more log card. In this case, how do we know whether the seller has settled the bank loan? If we are paying full cash for the transaction, isn't it scary? Scarlee car get towed away by bank how?

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

Mroonws
  • Mroonws
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Got receipt....Just like going market buy vegetables.... tongue.gif
Ask him to show you???

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

Carmour
  • Premium member
    Carmour
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If taking a loan to purchase the car, I heard that a contra is not possible.

Anyone can verify that?

As in, you cannot apply for the loan until the seller has fully paid up his loan.
Help me, and I will thank you.
Constructive & helpful replies, I will PRAISE.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:22 PM

Eddie47
  • Eddie47
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I dun think so, the only thing is I believe your financing bank will not release the loan until the other party's loan is settled. I.e. Cannot transfer ownership and collect car until this is done unless got private agreement. lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

Carmour
  • Premium member
    Carmour
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That's rite! that's what I heard.

But if "the bank dun release the loan until the seller‘s loan is fully paid", then how does the seller fully pay his loan? Fork out the whole outstanding loan one shot? Don't think most car owners can do that.
Help me, and I will thank you.
Constructive & helpful replies, I will PRAISE.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

Eddie47
  • Eddie47
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry, I think I must elaborate a bit. If I'm not wrong, if let's say the car loan is $50K and the seller's outstanding loan is $60k then the seller's financing bank will make sure the seller pay the difference first and the buyer's bank will confirm with the other bank, only then the buyer's bank will release the $50k to the other bank. Am I rite?

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

Yongwd
  • Premium member
    Yongwd
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Either you (if not taking loan, using full cash) or your finance institution (your bank loan) must clear the seller's car finance liability before LTA can allow you to do ownership transfer.

If the liability is not cleared, LTA current computer system will not allow both parties to do ownership transfer until the seller's liability with the finance institution has cleared. Once it is cleared at the finance institutation end, they will update the LTA system within 24hrs before any ownership transfer can be done.

Hope that helps.
>Singapore, an island where all the slow drivers converge<

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

Nhyone
  • Nhyone
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Once it is cleared at the finance institutation end, they will update the LTA system within 24hrs before any ownership transfer can be done.

The update can be instantenous. Just a few clicks on the finance company's part, you are able to effect the transfer already. This is very important when you're already at LTA. Don't ask me how I know.
(void *) &NHY;

- All it takes for evil to succeed is a few good men to do nothing.

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Need some advice on transfer of car ownership:

Suppose i want to buy a second hand car (relatively new car, abt 1 or 2 years) directly from a owner, i know that we can make a trip to LTA to do the transfer, which is relatively easy.

However, if the owner borrowed a car loan from a bank, how do i ensure that the car will not be towed away by the bank should the owner failed to pay the car loan. How does it work? I saw a few such cases in the newspaper before, and it is really a nightmare to find your newly bought car towed away.

ask him full settle the loan first. and the only way to do the transfer is to use the original logcard but if he dun fully settle the car den cannot get logcard den cannot transfer car.

looking at this point, it is safer to get the car from direct owner den dealer.
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users