• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

Elantrahatch
  • Elantrahatch
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Last night (1st May), I was turning out of Giant Tampines. Upon reaching Tampines Ave 10 towards TPE, I saw a TP bike whizzed pass me.

Although I was on the phone, I was using my trusty bluetooth earpiece. The TP took a look at me and proceed on front.

Then I saw the TP turning on his 'berry', stopping a Latio Sports. I think the driver wasn't so fortunate. He was also using his handphone but without an ear-piece.

A gentle reminder to all. Talk all you want (M1's commercial) but please, use a ear-piece. sunny.gif
www.compassentertainment.wordpress.com

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

Megaweb
  • Megaweb
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Best is dun use handphone while driving. Even you need to pick up a urgent call, do it shortly.

Many times I see the car in front sway left and right on the road, I know he/she is using a handphone.

It is dangerous to use handhphone while driving.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:35 AM

Djcoolmax
  • Premium member
    Djcoolmax
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If anyone is caught using the HP while driving without using a Handsfree set, then good luck to that person. License will get suspended and if you need to drive for a living (sales... delivery... etc) then you can start finding another job. Oh.. also, if you lose your license, your car can sell away liaoz...if no one can else can drive.
=============
The triple-J.
=============

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Guyver
  • Premium member
    Guyver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hey bro ....

You stay near Giant Tampines?
"I rather be disliked by people for who I really am, than to be liked by people for who I am not."

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

Elantrahatch
  • Elantrahatch
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Nope. I was there to pick up a friend for kopi. Me stay in AMK. sunny.gif

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

actually, it's safer not to use ear piece.

don't shoot me. i actually use my earpiece just abt all the time. unless in some place like ulu part of NTU or in MSCP.

why i say so? it's frigging dangerous to plug in the earpiece if it hasn't been plugged in or to let ur hand wander around for the earpiece to plug into ur ear

safer and easier to pick up the whole phone n put it to ur ear.

but we are in singapore, use the blXXdy earpiece. fine of 1K is no joke. can install a set of illegal HID liao laugh.gif

the only safe earpiece IMHO, is the integrated bluetooth handsfree system. in the camry (not mine, and besides my phone no bluetooth laugh.gif ), the system is activated once ur bluetooth phone enters the car thumbsup.gif. truly automated.

if ur car got no such system, it's only safe if ur bluetooth headset or handsfree is already plugged into ur ear n phone. and set to auto answer.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:37 PM

Icekitten
  • Premium member
    Icekitten
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Huh what fine of 1k? If not wrong, not only your handphone will be confiscated, you will also have to attend court if caught!

It should be our personal responsibility to pair our bluetooth earpieces to our phones or plug in our earpieces before we start moving off. If forgot, then bo bian lor, reject the call.

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that if you are using a earpiece then it's not against the law. Even if you are using a earpiece, as long as your hp is in your hand for whatever reason, you'll be considered as breaking the law.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Wanromeo
  • Wanromeo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Dont Flame me but i think that these people deserve to be caught, got $$ drive car and handphone no $$ buy earpiece , everyday when i rode my bike i will ofthen see these type of driver , already on the phone somemore hogging the road , some even SMS also haiz..

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:44 PM

Madsumm
  • Madsumm
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually its not using hands-free or watever that causes the infringement of law.

The following 2 has to occur for any police officers to charge:
1) Holding the phone
2) Vehicle is moving..

That means, even if you are not calling or doing anything to your phone, by holding the phone while driving, you can be charged under using the HP while driving law.

Ok.. GF's hand is not included... hahaha

Rgds

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Even if using earpiece,the driver can be distracted. Maybe its ok to make a short conversation
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:07 PM

Optix
  • Optix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I agree...it is really not about the physical portion of chatting on the phone with the ear-piece. If one get overly engrossed in conversation, even if the road is off his mind for one second, it can be fatal not just for him but for the other road users as well.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

Madsumm
  • Madsumm
    5th Gear
    Author Image

One more thing:

Even if you are using a earpiece, and STILL holding the phone while the vehicle is moving, you will still be charged under handphone driving clause.

Rgds

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

So many don't than do's ,might as well dont use it
Prepare to put nice nice ringtone,let it ring when driving
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

Madsumm
  • Madsumm
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hehe.. just throw the thingy in the boot.

haha

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

so where did all the confiscated HP gone to?

if there's a good one like Dopod or N90 g chirp, i may b interested.
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Elantrahatch
  • Elantrahatch
    4th Gear
    Author Image

good question!

I have no idea on this though... tongue.gif

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

Headshok
  • Headshok
    6th Gear
    Author Image

just curious,

i remember some time back, there was an article in the papers 'teachin' u how to answer the phone even when u have the ear piece.

u are not allowed to hold the phone (i've seen pple, using earpiece, then still hold the phone and talk until dam action).

but what if, u have in comin call, u press the button to answer, and press the spkr button.

and with both hands on the steerin wheel, u just shout and shout and listen. is this still an offence? but ur phone is on the seat next to u, just that u are talkin without the handsfree set.

always been wondering..
********************************************************************************
give me money...

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good luck to that Latio driver sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

Smelly smelly up the court, Orr-Gong & HP confiscated rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mzrmazda3, 02 May 2007 - 04:53 PM.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Huh what fine of 1k? If not wrong, not only your handphone will be confiscated, you will also have to attend court if caught!

It should be our personal responsibility to pair our bluetooth earpieces to our phones or plug in our earpieces before we start moving off. If forgot, then bo bian lor, reject the call.

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that if you are using a earpiece then it's not against the law. Even if you are using a earpiece, as long as your hp is in your hand for whatever reason, you'll be considered as breaking the law.

i was referring to monetary loss only, ya but u r right sweatdrop.gif

wanna reject call also must reach for the phone to press button tongue.gif. otherwise to let it ring is irritating. dizzy.gif

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

that shd be fine. in fact, speaker phone is better than ear piece in some ways. no need to plug in, no need to fit it to ur ear nod.gif

downside is that it's harder for the other party to hear u. or they hear more noise

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users