Using handphone while driving

Huh what fine of 1k? If not wrong, not only your handphone will be confiscated, you will also have to attend court if caught!

It should be our personal responsibility to pair our bluetooth earpieces to our phones or plug in our earpieces before we start moving off. If forgot, then bo bian lor, reject the call.

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that if you are using a earpiece then it's not against the law. Even if you are using a earpiece, as long as your hp is in your hand for whatever reason, you'll be considered as breaking the law.

i was referring to monetary loss only, ya but u r right [sweatdrop]

wanna reject call also must reach for the phone to press button [:p]. otherwise to let it ring is irritating. [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

that shd be fine. in fact, speaker phone is better than ear piece in some ways. no need to plug in, no need to fit it to ur ear [nod]

downside is that it's harder for the other party to hear u. or they hear more noise

but what if, u have in comin call, u press the button to answer, and press the spkr button.

and with both hands on the steerin wheel, u just shout and shout and listen. is this still an offence? but ur phone is on the seat next to u, just that u are talkin without the handsfree set.

Once you touch the hp to answer the call, you are breaking the law already. But I think, unless the TP actually saw you pressing the button on the phone to answer the call, I don't think he can issue you a summon.

Neutral Newbie

Curious... had always wanted to ask this question

If driving and talking on the phone is dangerous (cause need to have both hands on the wheel), then how about riding the Bike/Motorcycle on the road, and 1 hand holding the phone?

wanna reject call also must reach for the phone to press button. otherwise to let it ring is irritating.

Ya hor! Just hope not so suay as to have TP spot you right at that moment lor. [laugh]

actually,

i recall, u can only "touch" the HP and press the ans button, but u cannot hold the HP. this one was in the papers front page some time back.

my worry is, i am using the phone without the handsfree set, but both my hands are on the steerin wheel, but i am shouting in the car so that the other person can hear me better thru the spkr phone. is this agasint the law?

cos imagine one day i'm like talking usin the spkr phone, both hands on the steerin wheel and TP ride pass, duno whether will kena or not..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
One more thing:

Even if you are using a earpiece, and STILL holding the phone while the vehicle is moving, you will still be charged under handphone driving clause.

Rgds

ever saw one lady, driving behind me, from rear mirror can see her talking over the phone using ear piece, but no hands on the steering, cause both hands busy swing here and there like sign language like that. [lipsrsealed]

another one, (a male driver) one hand hold the mic, one hand hold the phone (and he suppose to using 'handsfree') [;)]

Edited by Vince69

I think unless you use a hp stand mounted next to the steering, most people will have to hold their hp in order the press the buttons. [sweatdrop]

In your case, using speakerphone should be ok since you are not holding onto the hp.

Actually I think the key point is 'holding'. If I'm not wrong, even if one is using a earpiece, but he is holding onto the earpiece while driving (it makes no sense but I think some ppl do that, thinking that it enables the other party to 'hear them better' [:p] ), it's also considered flouting the law.

Neutral Newbie

seeing more ppl on e phone while driving and they are cars are swaying ard and darn hazardous esp during bends.

while another idiot i saw had e ear pc and hand holding e mic..so wat's e diff of her holding e mic and e phone???

Few weeks ago while I was driving along Bukit Timah, I saw a woman talking on her hp while zooming past me. It was a Corolla.

Tried as I might to get closer to have a better glimpse, she was simply too fast for me to catch up. Imagine a woman driving an Altis with her hp can still outrun me.

I am ashamed of myself.

Even if using earpiece,the driver can be distracted. Maybe its ok to make a short conversation

agree with u.sometimes even when i use my ear piece,i realise that i have drive pass my destination [sweatdrop] ,or worst sometimes,i didnt even know that if i had drive pass those traffic lights [shakehead] .it gets distracted when i got to engage on the phone,so i try not cal when im driving nowadays.

Best is dun use handphone while driving. Even you need to pick up a urgent call, do it shortly.

Many times I see the car in front sway left and right on the road, I know he/she is using a handphone.

It is dangerous to use handhphone while driving.

sway left and right? I ever encountered a idiot jamming his brake to pick up his phone on the rightmost lane.. luckily i was applying 2 sec rule well and no car behind me..

Twincharged

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/mobile-devices-and-driving-what-you-need-to-know-about-changes-to-road-traffic

still not clear. it says vehicle must be moving. stop at traffic light, traffic jams, ok? i remember an interview with one of the top gun of TP on TV, he also said the same. 

Yes. Vehicle stopped can use. There was a TP looking at me while I was texting at a red light. So I'm quite sure if stopped at red light, using your phone is alright. 

↡ Advertisement