Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

At some carparks, it will indicate whether it is silver and above only, or gold and above etc. You will need your card to enter.

You mean that if you are not a silver member, you will have problems parking below Resort Hotel ?

A bit misleading leh.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Drive to Genting is really easy as mentioned in earlier post. NSHW till Sg Besi toll, 2nd left exit (Cheras) and follow road signs which says Genting Highlands/Kuantan. No need for GPS. The traffic between Cheras exit and beginning of Karak HW can be heavy, just keep to your lane and you will be fine. I recall driving up the hills once (Mazda 3-1.6L) and a small 800cc Kancil overtook me on a steep slope...amazing little cars!! Parking in the open air car park is a better choice, assuming you are staying in the surrounding hotels and manage to get a room overlooking the car park, you will be able to see your car. I stayed in Resort once and parked at the MSCP, damn worried when I get back to the car 3 days later and it is gone, this carpark is a little dark at some spots.

For KL, I find that Jln Tun Ab Razak is a good landmark as it leads to both Bt Bintang and Jln Ampang (KLCC).

Anyway, have fun in KL.

I will be heading to Kuantan next Wed and will be my first drive there, will be taking the KL-Karak route cos don't like trunk roads...long drive.

Cheers!!!! [cool]

Drive to Genting is really easy as mentioned in earlier post. NSHW till Sg Besi toll, 2nd left exit (Cheras) and follow road signs which says Genting Highlands/Kuantan. No need for GPS. The traffic between Cheras exit and beginning of Karak HW can be heavy, just keep to your lane and you will be fine. I recall driving up the hills once (Mazda 3-1.6L) and a small 800cc Kancil overtook me on a steep slope...amazing little cars!! Parking in the open air car park is a better choice, assuming you are staying in the surrounding hotels and manage to get a room overlooking the car park, you will be able to see your car. I stayed in Resort once and parked at the MSCP, damn worried when I get back to the car 3 days later and it is gone, this carpark is a little dark at some spots.

For KL, I find that Jln Tun Ab Razak is a good landmark as it leads to both Bt Bintang and Jln Ampang (KLCC).

Anyway, have fun in KL.

I will be heading to Kuantan next Wed and will be my first drive there, will be taking the KL-Karak route cos don't like trunk roads...long drive.

Cheers!!!! [cool]

as long you don't miss the exit after sungei besi toll...think should be quite easy. I be using this route and along karak HW.

Just came back from genting , driving from Port Dickson straight drive to Sungai Besi then Karak heading up to genting. Parking is a problem .Spend 6hrs there and returned to KL for night. Quite easy to drive there even without gps.

hi guys,i'm planning to take my family on sight seeing this xmas coz i'll be going KL for that weekend anyway.Thought of bringing my in laws to Bukit Tinggi while my wife wants to go to Genting.

Personally on my own,i've been to those two places on separate occasions thus i'm not sure of how far apart are these 2 places.

Is it recommended (enough time?) for me to go to those two places over the weekend?

If they are really that FAR apart,i think i will skip genting and go to Bukit Tinggi instead coz the in laws have yet to go there.

any advice?

Edited by Ryanyusoff

IIRC, about 40 mins one way on good traffic conditions. On Karak highway, the two exits are just about 10 mins apart, but consider the driving time up and down the mountains.

hi guys,i'm planning to take my family on sight seeing this xmas coz i'll be going KL for that weekend anyway.Thought of bringing my in laws to Bukit Tinggi while my wife wants to go to Genting.

Personally on my own,i've been to those two places on separate occasions thus i'm not sure of how far apart are these 2 places.

Is it recommended (enough time?) for me to go to those two places over the weekend?

If they are really that FAR apart,i think i will skip genting and go to Bukit Tinggi instead coz the in laws have yet to go there.

any advice?

Haven't quite been in that part of Cheras so I'm not really in a good position to recommend. But if you get on Jalan Cheras, which is one of the main roads in that area, it should join to the same road that most people take from Sg Besi going to Ampang direction and subsequently Kuantan, then Karak Highway. Look out for directions to Ampang, Tmn Pandan Indah, Tmn Maluri or Batu Caves etc.

DO NOT go all the way on Jalan Cheras, as it will take you all the way to KL (Jln Pudu then Bkt Bintang).

hi Acieed, any idea how to go genting fr taman cheras utama?

Neutral Newbie

any advice?

I was driving from Kuantan to KL last week and passed Bukit Tinggi exit first then Genting exit. Didn't seem too far, maybe 20-30min drive. Like Acieed mentioned, also need to factor in the drive up and down the mountains.

no worry lar... my bil has been driving up to genting and park at mscp of first world hotel every year for the pass 5yrs with his wish and sometimes, 2-3 times a year.... trust me, there are many better car to steal up there...... [blush]

how about camry?? cos i'm planning to go genting next month and worried with the genting carpark [:(]

If you think about it, Proton Wira is the most common car in Malaysia and most targeted for theft for a ready market. Not to say that other cars have zero risks, but the usual deterrence measures will reduce some risks for you but not more risky than other parts of Malaysia, or other big countries. I've driven my ex-Camry to Genting many times, I felt more safe there than in KL or in any major cities in the US.

how about camry?? cos i'm planning to go genting next month and worried with the genting carpark [:(]

well, do you know how many camry park around genting carpark each day? if they choose your camry as the prime target, u can't do much can u?..... so, if you are those worriying type, dont drive up .... but if u choose to drive up, just enjoy the holiday and leave those worries at home..... [:p]

well, do you know how many camry park around genting carpark each day? if they choose your camry as the prime target, u can't do much can u?..... so, if you are those worriying type, dont drive up .... but if u choose to drive up, just enjoy the holiday and leave those worries at home..... [:p]

if new E class?? i think its a potential one [sly]

Me and family spend 3days during cny break up on genting. Stay at 1st world and parked beside a spore plate audi. [laugh] Also saw one spore plate black lambo parked along the driveway of genting hightland hotel. [drivingcar]

Turbocharged

if new E class?? i think its a potential one [sly]

since u drive a E lcass and think it's a big deal car, hire a body guard and get him sleep in the car while u sleep in ur cosy genting hotel lor... frankly, there r many many lux cars everyday and dont get too paranoid lar..... [:p]

There are tons of spore plate cars in Genting. BMW, Camry, Audi, Teana blah blah blah........just practise common sense and dont leave anything valuable that can be seen from the outside, your car will be fine.

Try to park either at First World car park B1 to B3 or the open air car park in front of genting hotel. [nod]

↡ Advertisement