Carlube engine oil

Limlien

Hi All,

I did like to find out if anyone have used before cxxxxxe engine oil.

I know it is lowly price and as the saying goes good things not cheap and cheap things not good.

However i believe there are quite a number of people using them and if it's really lousy i think carefour wont want to bring in to tanish their name.

Just like to know if anyone have any experience with the oil on a turbo engine?? I am thinking of using it for say another 7,500 km only after which i will need to do a oil change.

Any opinions or feedbacks?

↡ Advertisement

juz normal oil...works! i'm on this oil since my 4th car, nw currently using it on my current car. i won't say its good, but its normal and works. But i drained at 5K, normal can tahan abt 6-7K.

Neutral Newbie

What car are you driving? If it's turbo, you're asking for it. Do you know that your turbo uses both engine oil and water to cool itself? Cheap oils break down so fast under extreme temperatures, your turbo will just cook itself to death. Not to mention when the oil starts choking up at the oil pipes leading away from the turbo when you turn off the engine. Slowly you will get no oil and before you know it, bye bye turbo. it can happen as fast as 3000km. Try it! [laugh]

If NA, I would still use a premium brand. Carrefour is a retail center, not a car workshop. They will sell whatever makes money, as long as it's a product.

You are driving a conti, why save on these things? [thumbsdown]

Did you get the fully synthetic version? If so it should be MB229.3 compliant which means its long drain interval. Think its 15k or maybe 20k???

But anyway its cheap, so i think its affordable to give it some discount on its claim. And so I'm still changing at 10k. But I see no wrong at all for those who change at 5 or 6k.

I think of it like changing underwear hehee [laugh] Some thinks 1 day 3 piece ok cos they don't mind paying more for washing and nothing wrong to be cleaner / safer if its cheap to do so.

[thumbsup]

Btw somtimes those branded companies may also have hao2 siao2 claims. ie Laibena blackcurrent drink in NZland was found to have almost no vitamin C. Last time the expensive Abortt baby milk drink was also found to have misleading claims. So now I also give some discounts to big brands.

Neutral Newbie

its a normal oil that serve its purpose. affordability that you can change it at very close intervals. not recommendable for super cars. do a search and check on what the results the bros have got from using this brand comparing to the others..

Neutral Newbie

But anyway its cheap, so i think its affordable to give it some discount on its claim. And so I'm still changing at 10k. But I see no wrong at all for those who change at 5 or 6k.

Wrong. At elevated temperatures, lower grade oils offer zero protection, they are almost like water. You don't have to wait for oil to break down for damage to be done.

Thanks for all the informations..

I gather that i shouldnt save any money for the engine oil.. hiaz..

i'm using 5W40 synthetic, thin quite fast after 5k...that's y i drain at 5K....anyway cheap, use it as tonic lor [laugh]

What was wrong? What do you mean by lower grade? Or do you mean lower viscosity? I think they got a few fully synthethics and the one I used is also the 5w-40.

I doubt a 5w-40 oil will thin until 20 instantaneously. Thinning is common and gradual for all oil. Anyway I'm no oilxpert. Also there was some discussion by our oil guru about some testing of the oil grade after every K or something? If tests really show that this oil thins very quickly, I doubt it can retain the MB229.3 specs. Or maybe it's the same case with the laibena or abortt baby formula milk?

I'm not saying that it's a better oil than any laibena oil. But I think it's cheap given the specs. It just makes economical sense even if you discount the oil change interval.

Anyway, MB229.3 is a standard by MB. Not sure whats the conditions they used. Maybe they only tested it based on MB NA engines. [;)]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I will not go into a detailed explanation of oil properties. But to answer your question, yes, oil WILL thin to almost water like viscosity instantaneously if it hits elevated temperatures. This is a very real problem in performance and turbo/supercharged cars.

And for goodness sake, specs are to be used a a general guide, not a definitive formula. Oils can be engineered to pass lab tests but not real world use. Likewise for ENCAP safety ratings. Cars can be engineered to pass exams but perform bloody poorly in real life accidents. This is called exam smart.

Edited by Slowpoke156

Maybe it's true.

I might have been a victim myself unwittingly. I've always drank alot of laibena myself and always gave them to my kids too. They always claim they have this and that vitamins. Maybe it's all boosheet. Now I'm in a dilemma. Which other famous brand is not snake oil?

Back to the car topic. I believe you totally. My friend who works in sumitomo once told me that those tyres used in races are expended in minutes. Can use for few minutes and throw away. Extreme high performance races. So it could be the same with oil when you are talking about the extreme. Shell Helix Ultra is good for 1 time use only if you are talking about F1 races. It's used like disposable underwear.

I drove a cheap E15ET last time. I joined a E15ET community last time and some of them are very hard core and crazy. But many also used recycled oil such as Mobil 1. But no one give a damn coz recycled oil can be very high quality.

All depends on the context. If you drive your car like F1 or F1.5 then even Shell Helix Ultra will not last 5K.

(edited)

All newtonian fluids will drop in viscosities at higher temperature, including water.

I've used cxxxxxe on my Octavia for more than 5 years, drain at 15k, fc > 15km/l, absolutely no engine problem.

Those who drive like a track driver would anyway have to drain at shorter interval, be it cheap oil or expensive oil.

Edited by PointyEwe

(edited)
Hi All,

I did like to find out if anyone have used before cxxxxxe engine oil.

I know it is lowly price and as the saying goes good things not cheap and cheap things not good.

However i believe there are quite a number of people using them and if it's really lousy i think carefour wont want to bring in to tanish their name.

Just like to know if anyone have any experience with the oil on a turbo engine?? I am thinking of using it for say another 7,500 km only after which i will need to do a oil change.

Any opinions or feedbacks?

you can use this oil. it meets VW 502 requirements.

i don't know what the other guys are saying....

post-73-1179481697_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluffy

What car are you driving? If it's turbo, you're asking for it. Do you know that your turbo uses both engine oil and water to cool itself? Cheap oils break down so fast under extreme temperatures, your turbo will just cook itself to death. Not to mention when the oil starts choking up at the oil pipes leading away from the turbo when you turn off the engine. Slowly you will get no oil and before you know it, bye bye turbo. it can happen as fast as 3000km. Try it! [laugh]

If NA, I would still use a premium brand. Carrefour is a retail center, not a car workshop. They will sell whatever makes money, as long as it's a product.

You are driving a conti, why save on these things? [thumbsdown]

I use this oil on my car a couple of times with no problems at all. I drive heavily as well.

Even the semi-synth 5w30 is just as good.

↡ Advertisement