Carlube engine oil

Limlien

Neutral Newbie

Hello ALL

To be fair, the oil is really cheap.

Personally dun feel or see much problem with this oil as I'd been using the fully synthetic 5w-40 for over 3 yrs oredi (Turbo and NA applications)

Turbo Applications (4000km service interval)

1) Galant VR4 - 2.5L Twin turbo

2) Legacy GT - 2.0L Turbo

NA Applications (6000km Service interval)

1) Odyssey - 3.0L V6

2) Stream - 1.8L

Usage/Driving behaviour/Performance of my cars, dun think those who know me would need further explainations.

EA

Neutral Newbie

Hello

I used exactly the one on the picture. As my service intervals is short, I usually get lots of them whenever carrefour has promo for them.

They are quite ok though I dun think will use it for track (insurance lah). But, thus far no issue.

Oh, probably need to highlight that my cars all fitted with huge Oil coolers (28000GVW rated) hence oil temp has never been an issue (max 110deg even on track).

EA

Supersonic

I've used, am still using, this oil (5W40) up to 12K km. No problem at all. Fc remains the same as compared to M1 0W30.

Sorry, didnt want to start a new but bring up a old thread.

All the while was using M1 fully Syn and recently changed to this Carxxxx brand for a try, cos it is cheap. Found my FC improved by another 30km at least. The down side is the engine now is noisy after 4,000km run. Is this normal? Any bro here using this oil can share your experience?

Hello ALL

To be fair, the oil is really cheap.

Personally dun feel or see much problem with this oil as I'd been using the fully synthetic 5w-40 for over 3 yrs oredi (Turbo and NA applications)

Turbo Applications (4000km service interval)

1) Galant VR4 - 2.5L Twin turbo

2) Legacy GT - 2.0L Turbo

NA Applications (6000km Service interval)

1) Odyssey - 3.0L V6

2) Stream - 1.8L

Usage/Driving behaviour/Performance of my cars, dun think those who know me would need further explainations.

EA

its good enough for everyday driving

Sorry, didnt want to start a new but bring up a old thread.

All the while was using M1 fully Syn and recently changed to this Carxxxx brand for a try, cos it is cheap. Found my FC improved by another 30km at least. The down side is the engine now is noisy after 4,000km run. Is this normal? Any bro here using this oil can share your experience?

been on it for the past 3 yrs changing every 7.5k, no issue. mine is only a 1.6NA.

Can I just check with those guru here that mentioned engine oil thin down after certain mileage.

How do you know that oil has thin down? By feeling? or you guys did some test to the oil?

Can I just check with those guru here that mentioned engine oil thin down after certain mileage.

How do you know that oil has thin down? By feeling? or you guys did some test to the oil?

gurus? how many true oil gurus in this forum?

Hahaha. I not guru but new oil is thicker cn feel slightly heavier n fc higher.

As u reach 10k km oil thins down n can feel lighter n fc better but less protection fr engine when u whack.

Ive used cl syn 40wt till almost 12k km n engine still very tight. Good n cheap oil fr b n b car.

When I used to drive a 20 year old car, the difference in FC between fresh engine oil and 10,000km old engine old was about 10-20% mileage.

The engine was over 200,000km old without overhaul.

Went NEX NTUC to buy CarLxxe, price increase to $40 liao but come with a free bottle of car polish shine. :(

Thats normal price. I wait till on offer less than $30/5lit i buy 4 bottles. Hahaha. Cn last 4 yrs.

↡ Advertisement