Appeal for Parking Offence Summon

Foofam77

Neutral Newbie

i would like to appeal for a parking offence of $30.

What is the number i shd call?

LTA or the company issuing the ticket?

pls help.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

bro, it's depend which sector has issued the summon.

If the ticket issued from united premas limited, more likely you need to appeal to URA, this is the webiste which you may look into (http://www.ura.gov.sg/eservices/eservices-list.jsp)

If is issued from HDB, then you may go directly to HDB for an appeal, website as http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bl01/ises014p.nsf/CpkAppeal?OpenForm

Edited by Maersk1

Bro, depending on the place of offence, u can call 1800-2721409 to reach the HDB carpark enforcement section to enquire on how to go about your appeal or 62216666 to reach the enquiry hotline of URA.

If this is your first offence and the offence didn't take place in a CBD area, the chances of success is high so u may wanna give it a try [:)]

(edited)

Well u can always try [:)] Who knows? The URA or HDB officer may have gotten a wonderful nite and cums to the office all smiles...hahaha... OK jokes aside, normally first offence if it is not of a serious nature and u managed to cum up wif some sob sob stories they will let go. A fren of mine got a summons at HDB heartland and he seek my help. I told him to write a story of his father suffering stroke and therefore the lack of time to place a coupon and know wat? It went all successful [laugh] But I'm not cursing his father lah...just tt he is a stroke patient oredy and I'm just capitalising on tt fact and walla!! It bought the sympathy of the officials...heheheheh

Edited by Chickenfarm

Neutral Newbie

try telling them u did display coupons but it fell under the seat

maybe due to closing of doors too hard causing gush wind to blow

the coupon off dash board.

Neutral Newbie

Wat if kenna a $100 summon for parking at double yellow line? It was a Sunday & i couldnt park at the loading bay becos a car parked itself rite in the middle. No choice but parked at the double yellow line becos i only needed to unload some stuff & the carpark was too far. How shld i write the appeal? I only took an hour *heartpain*

Bro, if this is your first offence, u can just write in to appeal based on that (it is your first offence) and come up with some financial difficulty issues to go on compassionate grounds. I is no appeal guru lah...I is bcos of work last time met up wif the URA and HDB prosecutors everyday in court and heard their ways of operation so I know what is their approach towards appeals. If u are repeat offenders w/o good reason, i.e., father heart attack or wat have u, dun bother (waste paper and ink) just pay up the fine bcos they treat hardcores wif less compassion [;)]

Usually I email...i hate been Tai Ji around...email should do the trick...also easier to make up the story...

Neutral Newbie

Im gal btw [rolleyes] Prob is, the car is my husband's. Shld i appeal under his name or juz use my own name? Its my first time of cos [dizzy] So if i juz state the truth, ie. im only helping my MIL unload her mountain of stuff, it will work? [:/]

(edited)

Ooppsss...sorry [sweatdrop] Tt explains why i is newbie..hehehe...

Okay Sis, you can tell them the MIL thingie and of course must highlight and underline and bold and capitalise tt it is YOUR FIRST OFFENCE (very important as it is the entire platform of your appeal). If you can think of some financial issues better still, i.e., just got laid-off (touch wood), sole bread winner, sickly old foggies at home with huge medical bills or something along tt line - it will add wings to your 'tiger'.

Write in your name as the ticket is 'issued' against you but tell them tt the owner is your hubby. Technically, because the car belonged to your hubby, if nothing is heard from you after the dateline given on the ticket/summons, they will go after your hubby bcos under the Road Traffic Act, the onus is on the owner to pin-point the driver or the owner shall be held liable for the alleged offence. So if u not happy wif your hubby, here goes...hahahahah...

Edited by Chickenfarm

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I see...hai, i hardly drive loh, once i drive then kenna this [:|]

Ok, i will try to appeal like u've said, hope it'll work, thks ar [nod] Need to go tink up of financial issues, LOL.

Btw, if i parked at the loading bay, would i have kenna summon too? Cos i meant to park there but cannot..

Edited by Peppermint

Neutral Newbie

I too used to have very close dealings with URA/HBD car park departments until recently.

Chickenfarm, financial difficulties are only valid reasons for parking offences which remained unpaid for a period of time and had been escalated to court summonses. For normal parking offences, you can try your luck with HDB if its your first offence. If its URA, you can forget it.

It is bcos such matters are discussed openly in forums like these, hence they already are ahead of us and know what tactics we are using.

Just thought you should know.

Neutral Newbie

Also to add, all records of appeals and parking offences are kept for 18 months before they are archived. So if you are a frequent appeallant, you can also stop wasting your time.

And no, the patrolling officers have no commission for the parking notices issued.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement