Search
give flashing ambulance

• Search this thread
123 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

Nhyone
  • Nhyone
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Do we give way to a flashing ambulance? It is on the first lane and its lights are flashing, but no sirens.
(void *) &NHY;

- All it takes for evil to succeed is a few good men to do nothing.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

Djcoolmax
  • Djcoolmax
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yes.. so long as there is flashing lights, please give way.
=============
The triple-J.
=============

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed

Yes, we should. But I really hope they will switch on the siren for goodness sake. What's wrong with switching on the siren? Noise pollution? I feel it's better for them to switch it on....at least that will give drivers more time react and give way to them.

If ambulance in other countries can switch on the siren, why can't ours?

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

Cklasse
  • Cklasse
    4th Gear

We should move out of the way as soon as it is safe to do so. We should also make space for others in the ambulance lane to get in if we are in the lane next to it. It should be a common objective for all in any lane to do something so that the ambulance can have clear access of the road.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

Boxster
  • Premium member
    Boxster
    4th Gear

Maybe speakers spoilt liao laugh.gif

But I think as long as flashing it is ethical to give way thumbsup.gif
男人不坏女人不爱
男人有钱就变坏
女人变坏就有钱

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Rannrac
  • Rannrac
    2nd Gear

Agree! nod.gif nod.gif

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Requiemdk
  • Requiemdk
    5th Gear

Yes. They don't use their siren unless the driver in front of them is not responding to the lights and even then they only sound it once or twice.
W124 200E

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:44 PM

Speedsun
  • Premium member
    Speedsun
    5th Gear

Yes, agree fully. But sometimes I observed that some ambulances did not speed up after the cars in front gave way... hur.gif Really attend to emergency cases or flash for fun??

Edited by Speedsun, 30 May 2007 - 09:44 PM.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

Ccssgm
  • Ccssgm
    NOS-ed

If U Dun Give Way.......They will Snap U..... rolleyes.gif
做人要讲道德,做事要讲效率。
讲道德是为了对的起自己的良心,讲效率是为了对的起自己的生命。
无论那一方面都充分体现尊重二字。

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

Emils
  • Emils
    4th Gear

'cos you never know who will be needing that ambulance in future... What goes around, comes around.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

Ngaiky83
  • Premium member
    Ngaiky83
    2nd Gear

Yes.. who knows when the patient's condition will worsen... best is to let the ambulance get to the hospital asap..
Saw before an ambulance traveling on the road shoulder at AYE at rather fast speed even thou there's no siren but flashing lights... maybe thats some other emergency reasons..

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

Zakuii
  • Premium member
    Zakuii
    5th Gear

Of course have to give way. Flashing lights mean it is on emergency. What a thing to ask.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Nazaki
  • Nazaki
    5th Gear

He needs to maintain a certain speed. An amblulance doesn't have the handling of an S class neither does it have traction control etc.

And cannot on the flash for fun. need to write report one.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:06 PM

Muwrx
  • Muwrx
    2nd Gear

i will say as long as you see the ambulance, you should cut lane and give way. forget abt siren or not. be it it's needed or simply thk of what if the driver accidentally presses the flash button??????

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

I find some flashing amblulance speed is rather slow. Once, I gave way and moved to lane 2 but that guy was running slower than me at lane 1. So I overtake him back and zoom zoom away.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Jizhou
  • Premium member
    Jizhou
    2nd Gear

Hmm.. maybe prolong exposure to the sirens can directly or indirect affect the patient being rushed to hospital?
The sirens are normally really loud and high pitched.. and if exposed too long may irritate the patient.. even us normal people when hear long liao oso feel irritated.. off siren is to give the patient some peace?? confused.gif

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:18 PM

Unclenik
  • Unclenik
    Neutral Newbie

i was recently in an ambulance rushing my son to the hospital. at no time would i have felt irritated by the siren or the driver horning other cars to give way. life or death situation.

so, pls do not post such a silly remark or suggestion. kindly get your class 3 and do give way to ambulance, whether the sirens & horns irritate you or not.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Unclemobile
  • Unclemobile
    Clutched

of coz!!!

in fact, I was pretty upset last Saturday on 26 May evening time. I was traveling on BKE going to PIE to Bedok. There was an ambulance who was flashing at this car right in front of it. I was driving many cars in front. Once I saw that, I quickly filter to the left.

The amazing thing is that this car DID NOT GIVE WAY to the ambulance but instead has a little race with it to the front where there were double white line (no crossing of lane) marking just before the PIE entrance. He did an almost emergency brake to do an illegal filter to the left towards PIE and drove pretty recklessly.

jawdrop.gif

so seriously, I think that drivers on Singapore road should understand that ambulance should have priority to the road regardless.

And guess what, if you give way to the ambulance, it will really not hurt you at all. In fact, you may just be late by 5 mins. So, I would suggest giving way to the ambulance.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:26 PM

Jizhou
  • Premium member
    Jizhou
    2nd Gear

wow sorry bout ur son uncle.. your first post so serious..
i didnt mean any harm actually.. was jus a harmless remark as you can see by the confused.gif icon at the end..
no need to shoot back like that.. peace flowerface.gif

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

Chemz
  • Chemz
    4th Gear

Yes, we should. But I really hope they will switch on the siren for goodness sake. What's wrong with switching on the siren? Noise pollution? I feel it's better for them to switch it on....at least that will give drivers more time react and give way to them.

If ambulance in other countries can switch on the siren, why can't ours?

each time before u turn on the siren, u have to seek permission. and yes it's because of noise pollution and other ppl complaining of abuse.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users