Do we give way to a flashing ambulance?

Nhyone

dunno leh... log in last night without any posting leh... i also waiting for his posting [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hmmmm...

tink his FaLaLeeee dropped on the floor ...

kena picha lobang liaoz...

it is now at the pit stop

ferrari_2007_lrg.jpg

Siffin thru them now...

it cld be the same deekhead havin multiple accounts...

juz like Hurmpsurplou, wolvering etc etc...

Let's go do the rounds...

will be back after C.S.I...

rifle.gifrifle.gif

yeah lor..

HEROS kua liao liao..

so now boh tai chi cho...

suddenly tis Goondoo Mooroogugu start postin crap sheet..

it cld be same creature as HUMPsucklou n wolvering...

[nod][nod][nod]

nonsense......typical government servant or government management. Report Report and Report all scare to write report or wanna cover backside.

I remember a fire case many years ago where the causalty die of too much smoke inhalation.

Decease family question why ambulance dun go to the nearest hospital which is Eastshore hospital, Civil Defense mention that ambulance will only send to the 6 government hospital if you dial 995 thus not private hospital. (this happen around 98 to 2002 sometime either I was still in the NS or studying in Australia). Fair enough thus send causalty to Changi Hospital.

Decease's family than question while following the ambulance behind, family member notice that ambulance met around 9 red lights and question why ambulance never on siren and beat red light? reply from civil defense COL "OH that time traffic very dangerous to beat might caught in an accident!!!!!"

1st of all that COL wasnt even at the scene!! how he know cannot beat traffic light??? base on all Forumer experiences in driving do you think all 9 times ambulance TRIED to on SIREN can fail all 9 times??

Verdict, I feel driver and civil defense wanna cover backside, dun wanna take risk for casaulty as not thier friend or family member!!!! Government should look into this as sometimes in a matter of few mintues can make a different to lives and death!!!! Government should learn EMPOWERMENT and trust the lower rank servant to do thier jobs. Senior Servant cant do everything for the People and Country.

BTW I dunno decease and feel that compare to the emergency vehicles in Australia, there is less Urgency [whip] Do we really need some unpleasent event "terrorism eg." to wake up our FxxKing Idea? [rifle]

Have to agree in principle here. Saw an ambulance with flashing lighs on, came to a red traffic light and stopped. The thing is, there was no traffic from the roads to the left and right of the ambulance. So if the ambulance were to inch forward, check clear, can safely drive across an empty road!

So where is the emergency?... [hur]

yes...all drivers please give way to ambulance...a doctor friend said he was in the ambulance once, and confirm cameras are install inside the ambulance taking pictures of vehicles which refused to give way...

what if the ambulance is on lane 3 of expressway, sirens and lights are not on??? still must give way?

yesterday... i was on lane 2 of PIE towards jurong... so i check side mirror to switch to lane 3 (as i want to turn into BKE which is 1 km away), i saw an ambulance many many car lengths away, at least 6 car length, i signal and start to change lane... this ambulance keep flashing his high beam at me!! he was doing 70/80km.. i know as i was doing 80/90.. i switched into the lane as i really signal very early and it was still a very safe distance away. then the ambulance keeps a good 4-6 car length away from me (when i went into lane, it still flike its high beam for 1-2 seconds..) wah... i think, damn bad driving manners..

Neutral Newbie

PIE going into BKE has 2 lanes, if you are keeping to the most left lane, and let the ambulance take the 2nd left lane, think should be alright, sometimes, the flashing of high beam is just a warning...take it easy...

i was once in this situation, was redlight @the junction turning to NUH, a ambulance came behind me, with lights flashing and siren on, i have to inch little by little to the left lane and over the white lines to let the ambulance 'chiong' as my side is still red light.

i will say as long as you see the ambulance, you should cut lane and give way. forget abt siren or not. be it it's needed or simply thk of what if the driver accidentally presses the flash button??????

Use wat to cut?

sizzor3.jpg

Sorry to OT a bit...But dude, where is this "scissor cut curry rice" exactly located ah? THe branch at hougang always close, cannot find.. And whats the business hours? Can share [lipsrsealed]

Do we give way to a flashing ambulance? It is on the first lane and its lights are flashing, but no sirens.

It will depend on my mood that day.

I once wrote to LTA and they affirmed that no vehicle should travel more than the speed limit.

hmm....or if you dun give way then just drive faster lorr....say Ambulance push you and cars on the left side dun let you in...u bobian have to drive faster to allow the ambulance to go lorr...

the ONE n ONLY OLIGINAL is opposite Jalan Besar Plaza..

exactly diagonal of the yerrow box

opens until 3am...

Neutral Newbie

Give lah, it's a flashing ambulance.

Why?

unless you can't see the ambulance.

unless you like to hear sirens, honks.

unless you have time and (they allow you) to check whether the patient in the ambulance is genuinely in live threatening condition.

I thought it's called Common Sense.

Neutral Newbie
Do we give way to a flashing ambulance? It is on the first lane and its lights are flashing, but no sirens.

Yes i would. Definitely!

↡ Advertisement