• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
95 replies to this topic | 9 praises

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

Vios73
  • Premium member
    Vios73
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am planning to service my Aveo outside. Anyone has any recommended workshop in the west area? My Aveo is 1 yr old and just completed 20k at Alpine and the damage was $129 (+own cxxxxxe oil at $30). Actually i was thinking to just take up the mineral package at Alpine and run up to 10k for next servicing to save some cost but maybe outside synthetic oil package is cheaper compare to Alpine. Saw the SPC servicing at $68 before and i even consider comfortdelgro group at Pandan. Hope to gather more info from bros here. Cheers. flowerface.gif

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:59 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

comfort delgro is not bad. otherwise u can do it at some petrol kiosk. i do it at stamford tyre as it is very near my place

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Victor68
  • Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My is also due for servicing. My concern is outside workshop may not be able to tune the engine. Understand all new cars required computerise tunning?

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Vlfdydjqtdj
  • Vlfdydjqtdj
    Banned

sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Vlfdydjqtdj, 15 June 2007 - 02:05 PM.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

dun thk engine needs any tuning, esp so for a new one.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:48 AM

Grooveballer
  • Grooveballer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Go to RDY Autocare at AMK Autopoint. The owner, Richard, is very good with Chevy's and his workshop is a better alternative to the agents. You can find his link at teamchevysg.com

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Lex250
  • Lex250
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I knwo this thread is inactive ...can some kind soul please recommend servicing workshop for Optra? I came across RDY but would like to get it done preferably near to Kembangan area. Many thks!

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I send my Optra to my regular WS in Yishun Indl Pk.A.

Optra not difficult as it just a normal Korean Daewoo car. Very similar to Jap cars. thumbsup.gif

Most mech can handle the simple service. If they tell u difficult & ex cos its a conti car, u better run away fast & never look back cos the mech is trying to knife.gif u.

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Lex250
  • Lex250
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Haha ok yeah thks for the advice cheers
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Gnomish
  • Gnomish
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

checking to verify something...
is it true that new Aveo5 for the 1st servicing at 1k there's no oil change at all... and only until the 10k servicing will alpine motors do oil change?
cos i just heard that for the 1k servicing they only did a car wash and vacuum!!?? ohmy.gif

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:29 PM

Sabretan
  • Premium member
    Sabretan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

like that also call servicing??

don't they even check ur engine, fluid, etc?

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My is also due for servicing. My concern is outside workshop may not be able to tune the engine. Understand all new cars required computerise tunning?

===============

No need to tune here tune there.

Yours new car, just drive & enjoy.

Unless u have problem with engine then u might need to tune. Dont after ture from no problem then wil have problem. dry.gif

U just need to change what is recommended in your handbook. Normally 10K km is only oil & oil filter. Very straight forward.

Other fluids u can check yourself. Tire balancing & rotation u send to good tire shop to do.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

checking to verify something...
is it true that new Aveo5 for the 1st servicing at 1k there's no oil change at all... and only until the 10k servicing will alpine motors do oil change?
cos i just heard that for the 1k servicing they only did a car wash and vacuum!!?? ohmy.gif

===============

Hahaha. Waste your time to go down.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Forte3737

Go anywhere except RDY autocare. Please do not go, let me repeat, do not go RDY autocare. They will ruin your chevrolet badly. I had a terrible experience with them. Trust me, you won't regret.

provide more details. simply saying they are bad is blink.gif

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:18 AM

George1457
  • George1457
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi guys,

I have query regarding my Chevrolet Aveo 2007 model. My ABS seems to be giving this weird problem below:

Recently, when I am bringing my Aveo to a halt by stepping on the brake pedal, it has this weird rumbling sound (like juggling marble) and this tingling sensation on the brake pedal. After that, I purposely stepped on the brake pedal and the ABS light came on. Once the ABS light comes on (meaning ABS not working), the weird sound and the sensation is gone.

After I park my car (turn off engine), wait for half an hour and restart engine, the ABS light is not lit anymore, then the tingling sensation comes back with the rumbling sound when I am breaking my car. Again, I purposely step on the break, ABS light comes on and symptoms are gone. And the cycle repeats.

Seems to me this is an ABS issue... Any one encountered or know of this problem ? And how much does it cost to fix this?

Thanks!

George

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Replace the ABS sensors. Simple as that.
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hiton
  • Hiton
    Clutched
    Author Image

side track a bit... wat ur review of aveo after driving it ?

Edited by Hiton, 24 April 2011 - 09:30 PM.

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually this is a freaking simple car. Don't expect great driving experience from it.

It is the ABS that ruins it. Else it would have been a great simple car like the Hyundai Getz which is a very trouble-free car thanks to its simplicity.
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:59 AM

Joelkoh72
  • Joelkoh72
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Sorry to hijack post. Just like to check servicing period for Chevvy Cruze. I was told by Star auto to come back for 10k servicing. Going thru the manual, i discovered that the recommended servicing period is at 15000 km instead. Anyone can advise? Thanks in advance.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

RelaxLah
  • RelaxLah
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sorry to hijack post. Just like to check servicing period for Chevvy Cruze. I was told by Star auto to come back for 10k servicing. Going thru the manual, i discovered that the recommended servicing period is at 15000 km instead. Anyone can advise? Thanks in advance.

...firstly no more Star Auto...now Alpine Motor is d only AD for Chevy cars..call Alpine to enquire the discrepancy..

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users