Servicing for Chevrolet Aveo

Vios73

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to hijack post. Just like to check servicing period for Chevvy Cruze. I was told by Star auto to come back for 10k servicing. Going thru the manual, i discovered that the recommended servicing period is at 15000 km instead. Anyone can advise? Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Sorry to hijack post. Just like to check servicing period for Chevvy Cruze. I was told by Star auto to come back for 10k servicing. Going thru the manual, i discovered that the recommended servicing period is at 15000 km instead. Anyone can advise? Thanks in advance.

...firstly no more Star Auto...now Alpine Motor is d only AD for Chevy cars..call Alpine to enquire the discrepancy..

Neutral Newbie

Actually this is a freaking simple car. Don't expect great driving experience from it.

It is the ABS that ruins it. Else it would have been a great simple car like the Hyundai Getz which is a very trouble-free car thanks to its simplicity.

since it is akin to a korean car, can send the optra service at esso gary, like doing timing chain?

Hi guys,

I have query regarding my Chevrolet Aveo 2007 model. My ABS seems to be giving this weird problem below:

Recently, when I am bringing my Aveo to a halt by stepping on the brake pedal, it has this weird rumbling sound (like juggling marble) and this tingling sensation on the brake pedal. After that, I purposely stepped on the brake pedal and the ABS light came on. Once the ABS light comes on (meaning ABS not working), the weird sound and the sensation is gone.

After I park my car (turn off engine), wait for half an hour and restart engine, the ABS light is not lit anymore, then the tingling sensation comes back with the rumbling sound when I am breaking my car. Again, I purposely step on the break, ABS light comes on and symptoms are gone. And the cycle repeats.

Seems to me this is an ABS issue... Any one encountered or know of this problem ? And how much does it cost to fix this?

Thanks!

George

I had the same problem later found out it has something to do with the sensor. Apparently I found out later this problem is common among aveo cars

Neutral Newbie

Hi I just bought a 2nd hand OPC Aveo 09 car, 1.4A.

I would like to send it for an inspection and also for a servicing.

Mileage is around 20k+.

Where can I do both things at the same place? thanks..

Neutral Newbie

i have problem with my 07 Aveo sedan. whenever i on the aircon,the idling drop to slightly above 0 or eventually engine stall. its an off and on incident. may i know what is the problem? aircon is cold and no noise. without aircon idle is abt 0.75rpm. once aircon is on, it drop to 0.25rpm. so i off the aircon, ramp the car for a while, then it back to normal. please help.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I have query regarding my Chevrolet Aveo 2007 model. My ABS seems to be giving this weird problem below:

Recently, when I am bringing my Aveo to a halt by stepping on the brake pedal, it has this weird rumbling sound (like juggling marble) and this tingling sensation on the brake pedal. After that, I purposely stepped on the brake pedal and the ABS light came on. Once the ABS light comes on (meaning ABS not working), the weird sound and the sensation is gone.

After I park my car (turn off engine), wait for half an hour and restart engine, the ABS light is not lit anymore, then the tingling sensation comes back with the rumbling sound when I am breaking my car. Again, I purposely step on the break, ABS light comes on and symptoms are gone. And the cycle repeats.

Seems to me this is an ABS issue... Any one encountered or know of this problem ? And how much does it cost to fix this?

Thanks!

George

Hi George..

I have exactly same situation with your description above.. It happened recently only to my Aveo 2007 also..

Does your car problems has been fixed?? If yes, I'm seeking your advice on this issue, any recommendation on the workshop and what need to be done?? do we need to change the abs sensor?? and how much does it cost??

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Ho

Neutral Newbie

I had the same problem later found out it has something to do with the sensor. Apparently I found out later this problem is common among aveo cars

Hi Raynelennon..

I have exactly same situation with your description above.. It happened recently only to my Aveo 2007 also..

Does your car problems has been fixed?? If yes, I'm seeking your advice on this issue, any recommendation on the workshop and what need to be done?? do we need to change the abs sensor?? and how much does it cost??

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Ho

Hi Raynelennon..

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Ho

When to Esso Lavender and look for Gary... Problem is ABS Sensor faulty... Changed at $140 per sensor

I am planning to service my Aveo outside. Anyone has any recommended workshop in the west area? My Aveo is 1 yr old and just completed 20k at Alpine and the damage was $129 (+own cxxxxxe oil at $30). Actually i was thinking to just take up the mineral package at Alpine and run up to 10k for next servicing to save some cost but maybe outside synthetic oil package is cheaper compare to Alpine. Saw the SPC servicing at $68 before and i even consider comfortdelgro group at Pandan. Hope to gather more info from bros here. Cheers. [flowerface]

Bro,

I have driven a few B&B cars, my view is after the free servicing, go service outside, cheaper and faster as many workshops outside that can service different models, bros here will recommend you, these workshop cannot be charging more than authorised dealer.

Corolla, Matrix, Wish, Camry all the same outside cos its standard B&B as long as they carry parts.

Don't waste time and money. Workshops got coffeeshop nearby - no aircon though.

Neutral Newbie

The Aveo is no longer a Stock Car.

Understanding from the car owner, "PrincessVodka" herself has not idea about those wirings around ECU at all and the external wiring around her fuse box.

Pictures here clearly shown that there is a bunch of wiring around ECU.

An external wire has also been tap at the engine fuse.

Please note that the car owner has not visited RDY Autocare for past 2 years. The last engine oil changed record with RDY is on 9/5/2008.

img0088gg.jpg

img0091hr.jpg

img0090et.jpg

img0089mx.jpg

img0092bm.jpg

↡ Advertisement