Servicing for Chevrolet Aveo

Vios73

Neutral Newbie

Sorry but this post seems inactive. but i want to know if there is any recommended place to service my aveo5 08?

you may try RDY instead of Alpine.

anyone have experience with a faulty aircon compressor of an aveo (2006)? mine started to produce a vibration sound :o that reaches the cabin. A local service shop advised me that such compressors are made to last only few years and may need changing and cost can run upto $700+. would be useful if someone can provide tips/point in the right direction.

anyone have experience with a faulty aircon compressor of an aveo (2006)? mine started to produce a vibration sound :o that reaches the cabin. A local service shop advised me that such compressors are made to last only few years and may need changing and cost can run upto $700+. would be useful if someone can provide tips/point in the right direction.

I just changed e ac compressor of my optra. Mileage 135k km. wh oem delphi brand mik at markcool woodlands indl pk e1.

Cost $500 total.

Look fr ah huat. I only deal wh him.

Neutral Newbie

I just changed e ac compressor of my optra. Mileage 135k km. wh oem delphi brand mik at markcool woodlands indl pk e1.

Cost $500 total.

wow 135k is impressive....my lame duck aveo is only 25k km and started giving trouble orredi. reviews of markcool are encouraging..will certainly check it out. thks Pisces69!!

wow 135k is impressive....my lame duck aveo is only 25k km and started giving trouble orredi. reviews of markcool are encouraging..will certainly check it out. thks Pisces69!!

Maybe yr aveo ac compressor is made in msia. Seems msia compressor is quick to spoil.

If u go markcool look fr ah huat. Ive been going to him fr >15yrs.

Some bros went there but get e other mechs to do n end up many complaints.

Maybe yr aveo ac compressor is made in msia. Seems msia compressor is quick to spoil.

Yes agreed, Ah Huat is the one to go to, very experience and solved my air-con problem last time.

Yes agreed, Ah Huat is the one to go to, very experience and solved my air-con problem last time.

Yup he straight no nonsense honest guy. He wil diagnose n give u no nonsense quote.

Thats why i hv been using im fr so long.

Oh 1 more thing. Yr aveo is 2006 model right? Then if its NOT a weekend car yr mileage looks very low. If u bought fm dealer likely he change mileage but normal sud b similar to my 2006 optra at abt 120k km.

So if yr timing belt looks worn u might consider getting it changed just in case.

Neutral Newbie

Oh 1 more thing. Yr aveo is 2006 model right? Then if its NOT a weekend car yr mileage looks very low. If u bought fm dealer likely he change mileage but normal sud b similar to my 2006 optra at abt 120k km.

So if yr timing belt looks worn u might consider getting it changed just in case.

My Aveo is actually a 2007 weekend car. Since i bought cpl of years ago I have clocked around 10K every year. Don't think dealer changed the mileage...it had a super quiet engine, no signs of regular usage, wear and tear on the windscreen, lights, seats etc etc..but i can never be 100% sure if u know what i mean

Neutral Newbie

couldn't go to woodlands as it is too far from my place...went to Tomika auto air in Ubi after reading some reviews and had a pleasant experience. the guy was very very professional...checked the vehicle for few mins..explained the problem, changed the Control Valve. returned the car in 45 mins and aircon was back to normal.charged $220...dont know if that is reasonable. as to the reliability of the parts etc, only time will tell...but definitely left a positive impression. [:)]

My Aveo is actually a 2007 weekend car. Since i bought cpl of years ago I have clocked around 10K every year. Don't think dealer changed the mileage...it had a super quiet engine, no signs of regular usage, wear and tear on the windscreen, lights, seats etc etc..but i can never be 100% sure if u know what i mean

50 k millage?

10k per year x age of the car (5 years) = 50k

next time to change timing belt, water pump, water piping, radiator,

5 year old car, rubber all crack liao.

couldn't go to woodlands as it is too far from my place...went to Tomika auto air in Ubi after reading some reviews and had a pleasant experience. the guy was very very professional...checked the vehicle for few mins..explained the problem, changed the Control Valve. returned the car in 45 mins and aircon was back to normal.charged $220...dont know if that is reasonable. as to the reliability of the parts etc, only time will tell...but definitely left a positive impression. [:)]

that was the same thing i changed, price is still the same.

Cost $500 total.

+1. I had my Aveo A/C issues 100% resolved by Ah Huat from Markcool.

↡ Advertisement