Servicing for Chevrolet Aveo

Vios73

Did my at RDY recently. <$500.

Had been with RDY for 6yrs. so far so good. Willnt say they are cheap. but their advise is relevant, and they have most of the ready stock for chevrolet.

↡ Advertisement

what is your A/C problem?

Blowing cold air when car was idle and blowing room temp to warm when car is in motion. Despite new compressor change, problem persisted. Went to see Ah Huat, traced the problem to a tiny valve at the gas in/outlet. Problem solved.

Blowing cold air when car was idle and blowing room temp to warm when car is in motion. Despite new compressor change, problem persisted. Went to see Ah Huat, traced the problem to a tiny valve at the gas in/outlet. Problem solved.

how much you pay for it?

My Aveo is actually a 2007 weekend car. Since i bought cpl of years ago I have clocked around 10K every year. Don't think dealer changed the mileage...it had a super quiet engine, no signs of regular usage, wear and tear on the windscreen, lights, seats etc etc..but i can never be 100% sure if u know what i mean

Yes if u experienced u cn estimate e real mileage by looking at interior seats accelerator brake pedals paintwork car mats steering gearknob etc.

But remember too low mileage also not too good cos means car always sitting in carpark n fluids coolant oils tires etc not moving so not regularly being lubricated.

Car sud b driven regularly to keep it exercised on a regular basis.

couldn't go to woodlands as it is too far from my place...went to Tomika auto air in Ubi after reading some reviews and had a pleasant experience. the guy was very very professional...checked the vehicle for few mins..explained the problem, changed the Control Valve. returned the car in 45 mins and aircon was back to normal.charged $220...dont know if that is reasonable. as to the reliability of the parts etc, only time will tell...but definitely left a positive impression. [:)]

I had my ac compressor control valve changed at markcool by ah huat fr $100 plus a year plus back.

Now i replace new compressor i took that old control valve back n keep as spare. Next time it spoil ah huat wil just change fr me. Just give him some kopi lui can already.

+1. I had my Aveo A/C issues 100% resolved by Ah Huat from Markcool.

Yup of ALL e ac repair shops ive been to i found ah huat at marckool e most straight forward honest n reasonable priced.

And i tell u ive also encountered some really crooked dishonest cheats out there. Ty see u not experienced n ty take out their super sharp katana sumarai sword to slit yr throat. So sharp ty slice all e way through u also never feel any pain. Hahaha. [laugh]:ph34r:

Neutral Newbie

Hello experienced Aveo owners here. A friend just got an Aveo 5 (2005), comes with only one key. The key is integrated with the the alarm lock and unlock button. Does any experience guys know where to duplicate such key?

Hello experienced Aveo owners here. A friend just got an Aveo 5 (2005), comes with only one key. The key is integrated with the the alarm lock and unlock button. Does any experience guys know where to duplicate such key?

I think aveo same as optra with immobliser.

Key wh remote lock is quite ex. Abt $100 plus n e key without remote lock is less than $100 if u get fm agent which is damm ex.

U cn try Soxxi as ty do many car keys n remotes wh immobliser. Last time i chk ty say cn do but ty not 100% confident. Maybe now ty got more experience wh chevy.

Neutral Newbie

I think aveo same as optra with immobliser.

Key wh remote lock is quite ex. Abt $100 plus n e key without remote lock is less than $100 if u get fm agent which is damm ex.

U cn try Soxxi as ty do many car keys n remotes wh immobliser. Last time i chk ty say cn do but ty not 100% confident. Maybe now ty got more experience wh chevy.

Thank you very much.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all ,

Needed help and advise where and what to do.

Sorry TS that I had to share using this thread - i can't post new topic :(

My 2006 Aveo hitting 120K mileage soon. (To be on the safe side).

I was thinking where to change timing belt and water pump? (This is my in laws car so don't have any track records on servicing).

What's the average price (as mentioned) as I called Alpine and was quoted around $900+ almost 1k :(

Looking for reliable workshop and don't wanna get carrot head also lol.

Thanks for reading and awaiting for pros / guru for advise soon.

Hi all ,

I was thinking where to change timing belt and water pump? (This is my in laws car so don't have any track records on servicing).

What's the average price (as mentioned) as I called Alpine and was quoted around $900+ almost 1k :(

$900 for timing belt? crazy or what?

Neutral Newbie

$900 for timing belt? crazy or what?

yea I think should include oil changed and water pump, as I called star auto today and was quoted $1100.

3 things only,

Oil change

1pc x new timing belt

1pc x water pump

Got budget then again was asked not to go RDY so I not sure which workshop?

yea I think should include oil changed and water pump, as I called star auto today and was quoted $1100.

3 things only,

Oil change

1pc x new timing belt

1pc x water pump

Got budget then again was asked not to go RDY so I not sure which workshop?

In August, I just change my timing belt package at RDY @$560.20 which include:

-Servicing Package - 4L OWS Multilight (5W40)

-Timing belt

-Timing Tensioner Bearing, Ildering Bearing, O Ring

-Water pump.

Not sure get carrot chop or not but to me, i feel ok. Aveo every 60k have to prepare to change timing belt.

My ride also Aveo Sedan 06 :D

Edited by Ranger929

Hi all ,

If u buy all original parts fm places like song yi n get yr mech to install sud b below $700 incl water pump n coolant change.

Buy oem parts n get yr mech to do abt $500 plus to $600 sud b right.

Now i do in jb. Oem parts incl labour <RM900. For my optra.

↡ Advertisement