Cafe Del MRT??

Eddie47

Neutral Newbie

This morning while taking MRT, I've got an unusual experience. One lady who looks like a FT (from her features & dressing) sat beside me. There was a very strong smell of food that came from her that woked up a very sleepy me.

I thought as usual, ppl tar bao to work place to makan so I just ignored, then to my surprise, she took out a half-eaten big pao and started to munch. I just thought to myself win liao but probably it's half eaten so she just wanted to finish her breakfast. Then after finishing, she took another big pao and started eating again. [jawdrop] I just sort of look at her in disbelief but she was oblivious to the ppl around her.

I am not trying to pretend to be a perfect person here and I have to admit I don't have perfect manners, but this is a bit too much to me as this is basic social grace. Especially if these ppl are FTs who are suppose to be here to "share" their experience and make our country a better place. [confused]

Bros and sis, your comments? [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

So did you remind her Singapore is a Fine Country, to stop eating on the train? for heigene purposes?

Neutral Newbie

Sorry hor, no offence to the ladies here, but she look like those sort who will quarrel with a person big time and create a scene which is not something I like to have early morning. But I once told a guy very nicely not to eat the almonds in his shirt pocket and he was ok with it. This happended in the MRT too but it was late afternoon and the nut munching sound was really very irritating. Btw the guy was an FT too but from another Asian country. Seems that I'm attracting all the foodies?? [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

She was seated next to me in those 2 seaters, later film her ppl thought I pervert. Kenna say pervert for filming pretty gals is already bad, kenna accused of filming this lady I rather [knife]

There will always be 2 school of thoughts here.

One is - eat in MRT attracts co-ckroaches, thus it should be banned.

The other is - as long as I don't dirty the place, it's fine. Why kick such a fuss.

I belong to the former, but there are actually quite a substantial group of people who belong to the latter.

Neutral Newbie

Yes bro, I am ok with popping a sweet or a quick sip from a water bottle. Can you imagine the smell in the cabin when it is filled with people. The smell is [smallcry]

Eating Hokkien Mee is indeed [dizzy]

They may as well setup candlelight dinner eating steak and drink red wine there...

My comment is you could have done your part by letting her know she can't eat on the train.

Silence to her means consent. sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

Hmm... you should read a book, listen to music or move to another seat. Sometimes, you can't control people's mentality. Why ruin your day thinking about it when it is probably a norm to her?

Neutral Newbie

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but it is our reluctance to act (including myself) that people dare to do this sort of things. Why does a person not dare to cut queues in US or Australia it's because the people in the queue will give you a piece of their mind (regardless the queue cutter was Caucasian or Asian).

Eating Hokkien Mee is indeed Dizzy

They may as well setup candlelight dinner eating steak and drink red wine there...

next time SMRT may set up a cafe inside [laugh]

Woah those teens eating those food. . . Do wrong things dont apologise, sommore scold vulgarities...

Young kids nowday..