Tp recalling HID head light..

Neutral Newbie

Guys...

Heard anything about T.P recalling all vehical with HID light and have it change to the normal light..I heard HID is going to be ban soon..

any comment??

thanks ....

↡ Advertisement

warouz... tat's bad new.

i think should bad rear fog 1st..

then ban motorcycle becos many of them their headlamp/ rear always spoit no light.

then ban cars with fog light.

wait... ban trishaw 1st. reckless bunch of xmas tree & loud chao beng speeding down road terrorizing all other users.

If it really happened, it should only affect those PI's cars with retro-fitted ones. Those with factory-fitted ones shouldn't be affected at all...otherwise it would be silly.

yeah, it was in the ST some 3/4 weeks ago. According to TP/LTA, HID lights are illegal. Mostly refitted by PI. They are irritating anyway! Singapore streets so bright, why need them. Crazy. [hur][hur]

Neutral Newbie

In the sixties when Halogen bulbs started to replace normal incandesant bulbs, people were also complaining about overly bright headlamps shinning into their eyes. With the invention of parabolic and complex refector lamps, this problemis no longer an issue.

Similairly, there is nothing wrong with HID. A properly fitted HID is not glaring nor blinding. In fact, on a factory fitted projector HID, you can easily make out the cut off line of the beam.

EU regulation for HID are very strict. What I suspect LTA would be using them as a benchmark.

1) The headlamps must be correctly aligned according to the regulations.

2) The vehicle must be fitted with an automatic headlamp leveling system.

3) The vehicle is fitted with an automatic headlight cleaning system. Without such the dirt acts as a diffuser for the light and distributes it in areas beyond the prescribed range.

Where is the URL?

Guys...

Heard anything about T.P recalling all vehical with HID light and have it change to the normal light..I heard HID is going to be ban soon..

any comment??

thanks ....

Neutral Newbie

It's kinda ridiculous. Not that I'm running on HID, but there're many out there who paid a premium (thousands of dollars) just to upgrade their stock Halogens to HID (OEM) from their agents. Especially those 3 series bimmers and mercs. Find this move unfair. [:|]

Neutral Newbie

LTA wouldn't ban those.

Else might as well ban all Lambos, Ferraris, Aston Martin and Posches. They don't have Halogen options.