Chery A168, not too bad!

Quantum

no offence, but china is still not too great with complex products requiring alot of mechanical components

sure almost everything is made in china now but its often under supervision of mnc companies with tried and tested systems, procedures, methods and qc.

i once bought a china remote control car - it goes up to 40km/h at 1/10th the price of a tamiya, but it burnt out after 2 weeks.

hopefully it works out fine for your sis, i am just worried that the fc might haywire once the mechanicals conk out and it drops to maybe 8-9km/l?

so far the qq has the dubious record of the smallest cc car with the largest fuel consumption, so we just have to see

but maybe like korean cars they will become good one day, but my hunch is that with their money grabber copycat mentality, it most probably will take a little longer

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

quite a lot of ppl use the term 'point A to point B' car.. what does that mean? arent all cars 'point A to point B'? I mean, it's singapore... how much can one drive? cross country?

• Praise 1

(edited)

The Toledo has a giant boot and interior space! Just like the Hyundai Stellar of the 80s. And even the 2l Hyundai Prima was in a class of its own back then.

Edited by Vit4wd
  • Praise 1

Pt A to pt B probably meant travelling to and fro work. if need to travel to more places such as doing a sales job, then better to get reliable makes

• Praise 1

I read somewhere that Chery is / will be using BMW group's Tritec engine, which is the phased out 1.6l Mini engine. If true, at least its reliable, even if not particularly refined or economical.

Actually i am not really against China car.

Just that i prefer Japanese cars due to their higher quality.

Look at how professional their workers are, most of them really take pride in what they are doing.

• Praise 1

If they have pride and the technology, they should have used their own engine, no need to do jigsaw puzzle, design copied from others and just lumped in old engine from established made.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

Well, mmm.... my definition of "point a to point b" car means more like a "ka da" in hokkien....should i say, a running horse, utilitarian, or a "sacrifice" car(?)... a car that u merely use it for travelling, nothing more, don't talk abt dressing it, no improving, no enhancing and to some extend, may not even wash it if u dont feel like doing so... may be a little extreme though, but for me, if its me, i'd adopt that.... [:p][:)] well, different people has different thinking lah.

Neutral Newbie

I guess u may be talking abt Lifan instead... ya, Lifan uses the phased out Bimmer engine which was adopted by the first generation Mini. But the interior sucks more than anything in the world, so, dont complain abt Chery or Geely... Lifan really really sucks...

yeap

so much pride they shift it to thailand and u see recalls many many

even for critical parts like airbag and seatbelt

[laugh]

and local service centre even more pride

change 2 piece of wiper RUBBER for me w/o my approval and charge me 70$, ask them put back they say sorry old rubber throw away

• Praise 1

but maybe like korean cars they will become good one day, but my hunch is that with their money grabber copycat mentality, it most probably will take a little longer

Very very true. Give the Jap 10 yrs to improve, the koreans 15 years to improve, the chinese...20 years. Reason is simple and clear, their mentality & mindset. Sadly, many chinese companies & businesses lack the spirit of excellence mindset that the japanese & koreans posseses.

• Praise 1

If they have pride and the technology, they should have used their own engine, no need to do jigsaw puzzle, design copied from others and just lumped in old engine from established made.

Regards,

Many modern chinese businessemen have no pride & integrity. Unlike the old days (sub 1960s) where honour and reputation are held in high regards.

Whahaha expensive wiper!!!! You head was on their chopping board!

Anyway I really wonder what would China's answer be to the American Ford GT40, Italy's Super cars... too many to name! German's AH SIA's, BMW M's, minimally Porsche GT3 minimally, Australia's muscle car, Monaro and Falcon, England's Exige, Esprit, 7s, vantage, Japan's BENG cars, RX7, MR2, SKYLINE, NSX, SUPRA.............

Perhaps the only v8 i can afford will be from china....

• Praise 1

(edited)

[wave] You are right in that Lifan has bought over Tritec, the Brazilian engine manufacturer formerly owned by BMW & Chrysler. However the source below indicates that Tritec also supplies engines to Chery. The FlagCloud is actually the A168.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritec_engine

Also from Tritec's website

http://www.tritecmotors.com.br/english/motors/16L.htm

Edited by Mach
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1