Anyone tried Nexen tyres before?

Garlic

(edited)

Agree, high wearing tyres makes more sense to drivers who change their tyres every 1.5 to two years, I have seen an uncle stretching his Michelin MXV4 pass 50K. [sweatdrop]

These do look like a better buy over PRC F1s and slightly overpriced ST115s.

For those who asked asked about pricing, 15" series are going at $85 per tyre and 16" at $105.

Edited by Garlic
↡ Advertisement

yeah.... but at least there is some rating u can roughly fall back, better than those "self" promo write-up in the dealer's webby...

i've read abt the testing methods sometime bac... it may be more applicable to weather conditions in the States....since the rating is their requirements...

i would go for a Treadwear no more than 240.... it make sense to their wet braking test since it is more critical than dry weather braking in term of emergency condition....

dry weather i think no need test...any idiot can stop the car without fear...

depends how u look at it

f1 no matter how its made in china or wat not, still has the advantage of a proven design, though inferior rubber and belting will diminish its performance

nexen however ...is nowhere anywhere on the world stage

Another point to note, these Nexens do not come with rim protectors, even for low profile sizes.

(edited)

i guess so... sticking to 240 or lower.

i'm looking for 185/55 R14 tyre

have u seen any ard???

currently using the Federal 595.... was eyeing the Dunlop Direzza DZ101...

this profile dun seem to be commonly seen....

i know the silverstone has got one 185/50 R14 semi-slicks which is street legal in Malaysia.... but it cost like $150-$160 per piece...

Edited by Dynaway

You might want to give Stamford a ring, they are currently having a a "3 plus 1" promo.

I checked last week and a set of 205/45/R16 ST115 is retailing at $600, CPC is about $200 more.

Neutral Newbie
Agree, high wearing tyres makes more sense to drivers who change their tyres every 1.5 to two years, I have seen an uncle stretching his Michelin MXV4 pass 50K. [sweatdrop]

These do look like a better buy over PRC F1s and slightly overpriced ST115s.

For those who asked asked about pricing, 15" series are going at $85 per tyre and 16" at $105.

i pushing 43000km liao...$105, i rather spend 20 more per tyre for hankook v8rs

That seems like a wiser choice, especially with the current 20% discount from Hankook.

Normal price is $154 if I'm not wrong.

wah... but hor nowadays everyone selling 15" rims....

looks like my 14" with 114 PCD hard to source.... think i need make a trip to scrapyard n get a set of rims before i head down n change tyres

(edited)

I'm currently running on Nexen N2000, the wet & dry grip sucks big time. Now running down to 30psi(previous 34psi) so dry grip better but wet still sucks.

Edited by Trex101

How much did you pay for your tyres?

The N2K and N3K looks pretty similar, N3K contains silica and has higher ratings, not too sure of N2K though.