Anyone tried Nexen tyres before?

Garlic

tried N5000 for about 15k km including a handful of trips up north

dry grip is okay, no issue up to 120km/h in heavy rain but not confident to go faster or take it through bends in that weather

however experieced wheel spin a number of times when turning on those smooth grounds in shopping malls and mscps.

fairly happy with them until one started to leak (very slowly) but couldn't find the cause.

replaced them with PS3 and then it was a world of difference.... but that's another story... :D

Supercharged

Due to circumstances, i was 'forced' to buy Nexen blu HD 195/50/15 for $125 each.

Have i been chopped??

yes, totally ripped apart.. [laugh]

i got my n3000 aka summer tyre, 195/45/15 for only less than $90 ^_^

As above, has anyone tried Nexen tyres before? Was told by tyre shop its a "Kimchi" tyre which is relatively new in Singapore; did a search and can't find much info here.

I checked and a set of 205/45/R16 rated at 87W XL is S$60 cheaper than Thai made Eagle F1s.

Did a search on goggle and its compound contains silica, UTQG rating:

Threadwear @ 340

Traction AA

Temperature A

They seem pretty popular in the States for its performance and price, many have commented that its a quiet HP tyre.

bro, simple... u wan quiet tyre, u wun get performance... u wan performance, u wun get quiet or at least not as quiet as u tink...

Supercharged

may i ask a few noob qn about tire threadwear, traction n temperature.

for threadwear, the higher the better? as in lasting?

traction, AA is the best? any higher?

temperature, A is gd enough for our normal/nshw driving style

may i ask a few noob qn about tire threadwear, traction n temperature.

for threadwear, the higher the better? as in lasting?

traction, AA is the best? any higher?

temperature, A is gd enough for our normal/nshw driving style

lol. dun go hunting for tyres and judge them base on those figure.

eg. some cheap skate tyres out there going for 130 sgd/pcs can have traction of AA. as as a high end potenza AA also 300+sgd.

can u expect the same amount of grip from them?

another better example. a premium brand like bridgestone turanza. can have a tread wear of 240. u use 50k.

compare to another burget brand like nexen, exact same size. dun be surprise the cheaper brand can show u a treadwear of 400+.

but do u expect to use it for 80k? impossible.

if u want to compare these figure. compare it among the same brand. much more accurate.

I think manufacturer should just make a tyre that is super quiet and with lots of silica for super grip.

I have yet to see a tyre that fit this criteria.

I have read many manufacture promotions brief, they always claim the newly designed tyre meet the desire of car owner who wants long lasting, super grip and quiet.

Anyone knows which tyre is design to fullfill only two criteria, super grip and quiet! Not so much about long lasting, as long can last 2years can Liao.

↡ Advertisement