Anyone tried Nexen tyres before?

Garlic

I think manufacturer should just make a tyre that is super quiet and with lots of silica for super grip.

I have yet to see a tyre that fit this criteria.

I have read many manufacture promotions brief, they always claim the newly designed tyre meet the desire of car owner who wants long lasting, super grip and quiet.

Anyone knows which tyre is design to fullfill only two criteria, super grip and quiet! Not so much about long lasting, as long can last 2years can Liao.

yes it is possible to make a tyre meet your citeria BUT commercially is impractical and uneconomical.

↡ Advertisement

yes, totally ripped apart.. [laugh]

i got my n3000 aka summer tyre, 195/45/15 for only less than $90 ^_^

When one of my Hankooks burst beyond repair, I replaced it with a Nexen N5000 195 60/R15 at about $90 also. Happened on a Sunday and there wasn't many tyre shops opened so no choice had to get help from the Autoserv at Shell just before Singapore Post Centre. Actually the tyre is not too bad....

When one of my Hankooks burst beyond repair, I replaced it with a Nexen N5000 195 60/R15 at about $90 also. Happened on a Sunday and there wasn't many tyre shops opened so no choice had to get help from the Autoserv at Shell just before Singapore Post Centre. Actually the tyre is not too bad....

Hi Bro, I used the N5000 series before. Initially grip was good but wore off fast and totally no confidence with the tyres in the wet but that was years ago so they might have improved on their QC...

Hi Bro, I used the N5000 series before. Initially grip was good but wore off fast and totally no confidence with the tyres in the wet but that was years ago so they might have improved on their QC...

hello bro, hosaybo? :D

I used the Nexen N5000 for 20,000km+ before replacing it together with the aging Hankooks recently. Currently on Kumho KU37. So far very satisfied. The grip is comparable to the Hankook V8RS that I used previously. [thumbsup]

Supercharged

lol. dun go hunting for tyres and judge them base on those figure.

eg. some cheap skate tyres out there going for 130 sgd/pcs can have traction of AA. as as a high end potenza AA also 300+sgd.

can u expect the same amount of grip from them?

another better example. a premium brand like bridgestone turanza. can have a tread wear of 240. u use 50k.

compare to another burget brand like nexen, exact same size. dun be surprise the cheaper brand can show u a treadwear of 400+.

but do u expect to use it for 80k? impossible.

if u want to compare these figure. compare it among the same brand. much more accurate.

one thing about the thread wear, the thicker it is, the harder for nails to penetrate?

hello bro, hosaybo? :D

I used the Nexen N5000 for 20,000km+ before replacing it together with the aging Hankooks recently. Currently on Kumho KU37. So far very satisfied. The grip is comparable to the Hankook V8RS that I used previously. [thumbsup]

Yo bro, surviving la [:p] Hope all's well with you too! Yah, also planning to try KU37 next, cheers! [flowerface]

one thing about the thread wear, the thicker it is, the harder for nails to penetrate?

I doubt it's the thread wear indicator, more like the compound the manufacturer use. Softer compound more susceptible to nails.

Yo bro, surviving la [:p] Hope all's well with you too! Yah, also planning to try KU37 next, cheers! [flowerface]

me barely staying afloat nia [laugh]

yeah, KU37 buay pai if you don't mind MIC tyres. It's about $10 cheaper than the more popular KU31.

Due to circumstances, i was 'forced' to buy Nexen blu HD 195/50/15 for $125 each.

Have i been chopped??

just for your info, u go dig into nexen tyres. u will know the model which u buy is the latest model from nexen.

and some of the bro is comparing it with very old nexen model like 3000. 5000.

now even 7000 is facing out , coming out with 9000 for performance and n.blue for comfort.

and lastly many bro give their price when they brought their tyres how long ago?

tyres price have been increasing alot lately, by as much as 40 %. in 1 year +.

what most important is your problem with tyres is solve. and u satifiy with the performance your new rubber give u .

me barely staying afloat nia [laugh]

yeah, KU37 buay pai if you don't mind MIC tyres. It's about $10 cheaper than the more popular KU31.

Oh MIC? Must think .... [sweatdrop][laugh]

Oh MIC? Must think .... [sweatdrop][laugh]

LOL... I had exactly the same reaction at 1st :D Even KU31 is now MIV (vietnam), my friend just got 1 set recently.

Since there wasn't any special promo at Hankook I decided to give this MIC a try...so far so good [thumbsup]

LOL... I had exactly the same reaction at 1st :D Even KU31 is now MIV (vietnam), my friend just got 1 set recently.

Since there wasn't any special promo at Hankook I decided to give this MIC a try...so far so good [thumbsup]

It's a kind of mental block, have to overcome it [laugh]

It's a kind of mental block, have to overcome it [laugh]

Honestly, any typical driver, just for commuting, any tyre that passes safety tests is more than adequate. Don't have to believe in all the marketing hype and etc etc...

If one drives like a lunatic, even super sticky/soft rally tyres also no use one.

Honestly, any typical driver, just for commuting, any tyre that passes safety tests is more than adequate. Don't have to believe in all the marketing hype and etc etc...

If one drives like a lunatic, even super sticky/soft rally tyres also no use one.

Not true seriously. Some tyres wet grip really cmi and I also like to go up north once in a while so I do give some thoughts to choice of tyres.

yah...the 3000, 5000 the old models were very noisy, but the newer models not so noisy liao

↡ Advertisement