Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
395 replies to this topic | 132 praises

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:00 PM

Typhoon125
  • Typhoon125
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Chery-Logo.jpg

Attached Images

• geely-logo.jpg

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car
2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car
3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:07 PM

Typhoon125
  • Typhoon125
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hmmm...how about it's to replace a 14 year old suzuki swift 1.0

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

u went out of pt there n your dislike for china car did not help either dead.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

Cavver
  • Premium member
    Cavver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

tis wat i tell seanboi ; If it cost sly.gif lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

Paddie
  • Paddie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Honestly, even a 5 year old Sunny performs better, is safer and will be more reliable than any brand new Chinese car. I value my life too much to drive a Chinese car day in and day out. I will either top up a bit to get a Malaysian/Korean car, or buy secondhand.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i dun dislike china car, if those jokers want to make a mockery of themself and strap a 10yr old engine and a 3 speed gearbox to some trishaw and call it a car , let them be

end of the day, its the buyer who values how much his life is worth

if u notice my 3 questions all point to the same conclusion, is ur life worth saving such money?

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:12 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

can the china car last 14yr? 10yr? 5yr?
u be lucky to see it past the 3 yr warranty, wait a yr more and u see first batch of kill kills going to scrap yard

end of the day reliability and safety are the two keywords for any car
china cars dont come with those

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Ivanpaseo
  • Premium member
    Ivanpaseo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Actually i had not been to any of the china car maker showroom, i dont mind getting a make in china car if the quality meet my standard... As long the quality is acceptable and meet my budget why not? Anyway 10 years of life span is wat car in sg has.. and i doubt not many will drive your car for 10 years till it scrap.

Edited by Ivanpaseo, 25 June 2007 - 09:17 PM.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car
2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car
3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

aiyah.. nv hear of KISS?

"none of the above" laugh.gif

I will buy a korean, and if really no $, malaysian car.

if still too ex, 2nd hand car

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

Typhoon125
  • Typhoon125
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Share your experience if you go..

Nazaki
  • Nazaki
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wosh! I didn't know they have a 3 speed gearbox! omg!

Anyway, wat model is it ar?

I went to "play" wif a display car during the last carshow, after closing the door of the geely sedan, I know it isn't a car that anyone shld buy. Even my lao pok car have better build quality than a geely... Seriously, even a Proton Wira that's so dated feels like a car more than a geely. No offence geely ppl, its either improve or sales is gonna be low.

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery? To me, a korean make is pretty competitive in terms of price.
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

Cleanwipe
  • Cleanwipe
    Banned

NO.... I'll still buy Japanese car. No guts for China make car. Did you read their crash test report?

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i just saw the crash test of Chery A15 (not sure if it's sold in SG as sth else, maybe A168?)

even with the airbag, it was quite a disaster. the driver would have been crushed. the citroen C1, a smaller car, fared much much better.

i don't wanna condemn china cars just because they are.. well.. from china, but currently, they still CMI.

if it's between china car and motorcycle then i'll say take china car.

but between china car and public tpt, i'd rather take BMW. no offence to china car owners.

they may have copied other car models (just as the koreans still do sometimes) but that's just in looks. engine lousy, FC poor, spoil easily, still nvm, unless of course u are trying to evade robber/rapist up north.

basic chassis integrity is just not there. airbag also cannot save the occupants.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:21 PM

Ivanpaseo
  • Premium member
    Ivanpaseo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Ya sure... last weekend i was at ubi, drove pass cherry showroom actually wanted to stop by and take a look. Caught a glance of the Chery MPV fom afar looks damn nice.... was wondering hows the interior is like...

Edited by Ivanpaseo, 25 June 2007 - 09:24 PM.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

Typhoon125
  • Typhoon125
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wah....Nothing positive man, after 10 mins of the post sweatdrop.gif

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Seanboi
  • Seanboi
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, y dun u let ppl vote?

For me, none. None of e China cars at e moment looks decent. Specs kinda lousy too...

Maybe u can take a look at this one. E most decent so far. Based on the Vios.
http://www.xxxxxxx.c...=11...=52&aso=1

If budget is e main concern, top up abit more to get a Korean made car. Definitely much more reliable with better QC.

Edited by Seanboi, 25 June 2007 - 09:31 PM.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would rather take our world class transport system. Save my $$ and tour around the world. laugh.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually i had not been to any of the china car maker showroom, i dont mind getting a make in china car if the quality meet my standard... As long the quality is acceptable and meet my budget why not? Anyway 10 years of life span is wat car in sg has.. and i doubt not many will drive your car for 10 years till it scrap.

Do you think the current china rides on our roads can last 10 years? tongue.gif
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Back to China Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users