Which will you buy, Chery, Geely and Haifei

Typhoon125

Supercharged
Actually i had not been to any of the china car maker showroom, i dont mind getting a make in china car if the quality meet my standard... As long the quality is acceptable and meet my budget why not? Anyway 10 years of life span is wat car in sg has.. and i doubt not many will drive your car for 10 years till it scrap.

Do you think the current china rides on our roads can last 10 years? [:p]

• Praise 2

tis wat i tell seanboi ; If it cost [sly][lipsrsealed]

Bro sala la... Even it costs less den $5K, if exterior look like shi+, i dun tink u wanna buy rite?

I mean sae in MY land, can consider getting a 2nd hand Wira/Waja and play. That i dun mind. [sly]

u comparing a china car against a brand that won the uk what car safety award in 2006, its heaven and earth

even korean cars are much better than china cars, at least they sell to EU and US market that demands some minimum standard, else get smashed up to tincans by hummers

• Praise 1

I would choose Chery without fail.

It is the most established brand amongst all, anhd has sold many cars in China

• Praise 2

(edited)

I think nowadays people care too much about crash report... to me it just a generic test not entirely useful nor useless. The test are done at only speed 40mph as compare to real life accident it happens at a lot faster speeds.... at those speed i presume not much car can really protect the life of occupants.. The test are done crashing on concrete walls, not much accidents really crash onto real hard concrete walls... if there is most probably the driver is driving recklessly... We buy cars is for our own convinient use in mind and budget... we do not buy car for the purpose of accidents in mind. Please drive carefully if you care about ur family and abide by traffic laws....

At such a cheap price, its unfair to compare with conti, please think of the massive price diff unless the conti has a product at the same price than should be fairer....

Edited by Ivanpaseo

Neutral Newbie

Don't waste your time. China cars are a plagiarism and pirated the same way CDs are. If THS was right about anything, it is that China pirates cars. Chery QQ and Chevy Spark. Need I say more?

• Praise 2

Supercharged
lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car

2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car

3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

If da car is nice looking.... As comfy as a BMW, why not?

But prejudice against China or any other country seems not right....... Its like hey, take out a badge of the BMW and a China car or a Jap car or a Euro car and this 3 cars are all equally outstanding... Maybe even the China Car looks more stunning, but since all cars are now badgeless, so they guy end up choosing the China car and realise its a China car, WILL HE TAKE IT??

• Praise 2

u are right, but considering that the chery is of a larger size (or was i mistaken), that is doubly shocking.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
I think nowadays people care too much about crash report... to me it just a generic test not entirely useful nor useless. The test are done at only speed 40mph as compare to real life accident it happens at a lot faster speeds.... at those speed i presume not much car can really protect the life of occupants.. The test are done crashing on concrete walls, not much accidents really crash onto real hard concrete walls... if there is most probably the driver is driving recklessly... We buy cars is for our own convinient use in mind and budget... we do not buy car for the purpose of accidents in mind. Please drive carefully if you care about ur family and abide by traffic laws....

At such a cheap price, its unfair to compare with conti, please think of the massive price diff unless the conti has a product at the same price than should be fairer....

We do drive carefully but how about other... read recent post regarding Jurong west accident?

What will happen to QQ when someone sudden break infront of you and you travelling just 60kph with 2 car distant? i guess result is either you make to hospital or migrate to "ENGLAND".

Saw before a van kissing Sunny... Sunny have broken lamp and bumper... van? you can c the number on the engine [sweatdrop] What is their speed? in car park bro... how fast you expected a van can go in car park... 5sec 0-100?

• Praise 2

I would choose Chery without fail.

It is the most established brand amongst all, anhd has sold many cars in China

this time, i share the same thought with you, and i will only choose chery A168... cos according to COOL_COOL_DRIVER, Chery car got good performance, can outperform alot of cars like verna, matrix, p206, renault etc etc... best of all, u said the A168 got conti ride quality right?

• Praise 2

You don't need a badge to help you tell the difference between a European, Japanese and a Chinese car.

Just look at the fit and finish, panel gaps, paintwork and the solidity of the door when you swing it shut.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

No offence pls. If it is me, I rather take Bus MRT Walk - BMW. I do respect the courage if one signed on the dotted line for a "Made in China" car but who knows things might change later when their technology reach the Korean level.

Actually, there are many good buys in SGcarmart, I had seen a direct owner sold her 1.6A Nov/2004 Sunny for $34.5K, only just $7K above paper value of $27.5K. Isn't this type of car a worthy buy. You pay $30K+ for a China made car, might as well go for a established used Jap or even Korean make.

Edited by Sportster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1