Which will you buy, Chery, Geely and Haifei

Typhoon125

u have no choice lah.... TS says u can only choose china car... since there is no fr on other model, got hearsay better than no comment... take A168. that's the ultimate choice.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

tested the Hafei so called MPV. oh boy was it a piece of crap and shittiest quality car i have even sat in. it was literally crawling on the road. took it some time to hit 50km/h and then 70km/h. noisy and the gear change was incredibly rough. haha.its its worst piece of crap i had ever driven. the only time it can go fast is, if a tow truck is pulling it. rather take public transport than pay 36k for scrap metal on wheels.

• Praise 1

wat LL??? pay less than S$40K u get a fast and furious car, what's more? u also get a conti ride quality car with that price... what more u asking for?? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

without a shadow of doubt, the A168.

it is so value for $.

more powerful than most Japanese makes.

it has no turbo boost, but it sure has the ego boost factor. tongue.gif

• Praise 1

I think nowadays people care too much about crash report... to me it just a generic test not entirely useful nor useless. The test are done at only speed 40mph as compare to real life accident it happens at a lot faster speeds.... at those speed i presume not much car can really protect the life of occupants..

You may travel at 90-100km/h, or even 120km/h in real life but bear in mind that few people actually crash at those speeds. By the time you brake and slow down, or by the time the car finishes skidding across the road, it would have lost a lot of speed. Actually the Euro NCAP 64km/h test is quite tough because most accidents you see on the road, even those when the cars appear to be quite badly damaged, probably have an impact speed of 50km/h or much less.

• Praise 1

(edited)

haha the point is most of us will not even drive a toyota or honda for 10 years mostly after 3 to 5 years change car liao as long china car can last 5 years who cares.....

Edited by Ivanpaseo
  • Praise 1

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

like the rest, i'd say neither. cos i dont think it is good financial sense to waste so much money on something that wont last that long. U r better off renting. It will be cheaper.

If one were really interested in wasting $$ on a china made car, it wouldnt be the brand but type of car, i.e. hatchback, sedan or MPV. Just buy the type of car and model that pleases ur eye. Either way, ur screwed!

• Praise 1

Jam still getting 11-12km/L consider quite gd leh... Taking into consideration that urs is a TC. [thumbsup]

Too bad Version R came out too late... [mad]

Neutral Newbie
i dun dislike china car, if those jokers want to make a mockery of themself and strap a 10yr old engine and a 3 speed gearbox to some trishaw and call it a car , let them be

end of the day, its the buyer who values how much his life is worth

if u notice my 3 questions all point to the same conclusion, is ur life worth saving such money?

Seriously, i hate to give bad comments on China car..well, 10-15 yrs back, many ppl hate Korean car like posion.. now?? haaaa

Anyway, SG only brought in 3 china brands out of 20 brands in China(another few more up and coming brands). Let's be open, We shall see how it comes about. Meanwhile u guys can check out this forum, enjoy reading there much more we all can learn instead limit to Japs and conti. Same applys to those who read this...

http://www.chinacarforums.com

Think outside the box

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Let from this experience and decide.

My colleague just bought a Geely.Within a week he took the car to KL and even before reaching Melacca,the aircon starts leaking non stop...

So what do you think...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

of these 3..i would prolly get the chery convertible..

but then again..i probably would avoid china cars like avoiding STDs..for now, their everything is just not up to standard..1600cc producing less bhp than jap 1500cc..poor QC, build quality..in short..just CRAP..give them maybe..10 yrs..and i'll consider..

• Praise 1

lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car

2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car

3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

I would rather 'drive' my 'B.M.W' for another 2 years until china car to be more refined [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1