Which will you buy, Chery, Geely and Haifei

Typhoon125

Supercharged
(edited)

Based on owner's feedback so far, i would not bet that the china brand cars on our roads can last 5 yrs without needing major repairs.. [laugh]

Btw, i bought my ride with the intention for it to last 10 yrs [:p] While i might change car in 5 yrs, but i would not wanna be 'forced' to do so cos car koyak. Who knows, the COE might be sky high in 5 yrs time.. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Tkseah
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Euro took 100 yrs to come out GOOD cars

Japan took 60 yrs to come out Good cars.

Korean took 30 yrs to come out not so bad car..

China took how long to produce Not so bad Or good cars?

What i can say here at this moment, China in SG are not ready for good quality. eg, Chery Windcloud A168 using a low end engine with 8 valve SOHC....totally nothing can compare to, not even close match the quality of Korean & Malaysian, dont even mention Japs and Conti. Bottomline is now China car only just provide a good packaging with nice interior, up to date facelift..etc but engine & other mech parts not developed yet. still rely on other "Unwanted faceout" engine design.

My conclusion to China car at this very moment year, is You're buying the packaging, not a car yet. Perhaps in 15 yrs time.. no one will know.

Neutral Newbie

Personally I drove a Japanese car. I bought it because of it's design and appearance. Till now, I still think it's the sexist machine on SG road.

Oops, forgot that this is a China Car Only. I spent my past 12 years in China. Have seen all kind of designs and make on the road. From shiny coatings to rusty metal surface. You name it, you have it. Brothers or sisters that had been to cities in China will know the kind of driving skills that obtained in their lifetime.

Everyday there are accidents and people getting killed. In Beijing alone, the vehicle growth rate is about 100,000 new vehicle per month. Everyday about 140 people died in China due to road accidents. But that doesn't stopped pregnant womans or Salesman from driving China cars. Even their BMW 3 series are made in China! They are just used to the daily road conditions in their country. And that's their country at its truest form.

Personally (including myself), it's the stigma issue rather than safety or whatsoever reasons. In SG, any new entrance to a market is always perceived as cheap and incidentally we linked it to our own presentation in front of others. Of course there are people who stick to their gun instead of their self consciousness and take the path of getting a China Car. Wise choice for this guy's wallet regardless of what people around him/ her say. I salute these people.

In SG, our cars are expensive and people from other countries are laughing their toes of for silly people like us to own a similar machine but at a unrealistic price as compared to theirs. But we know why cars in SG are expensive and no matter how we explained, it's still sounds ridiculous to foreigners.

It's a good thing that the Webmaster started a China Talk forum. The purpose is to share insights and information of a China made machinery that existed many years in China but only recently introduced to the SG people for the the first time. Let's give the new kid on the block a benefit of doubt and see how it cope with the SG road condition before we jump into various conclusions.

By the way, I am not affiliated with any automobile company. [laugh][wave]

Drive safely and god bless. [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

so far the design doesn't appeal to me.

both internally and externally.

I was in Shanghai and saw most of the afforable buy foreign brands other than the above.

• Praise 1

Hi,

My friend's one can't even last for 3 months.... Now he very headache. Can't sell, can't do anything. Just see the car also cry.... Sob.....

can the china car last 14yr? 10yr? 5yr?

u be lucky to see it past the 3 yr warranty, wait a yr more and u see first batch of kill kills going to scrap yard

end of the day reliability and safety are the two keywords for any car

china cars dont come with those

• Praise 1

I want to put new posting and yet the site needs me to post at least 15 threads in order to post new one leh. No choice. Don't be angry hor. But I really got a A168 for sales and happens to see China Talk. No offence everybody.

Hi,

Not yet leh. Can't tahan a driver going into Malaysia and would like to post up. You may read it under the Complaint Section. Need 5 or 6 more to go. Only got a Chery A168 but I am not a Dealer ok.

I would like to concur with bro Broky88, I have worked and live in China for the last 11 years in the Guangdong province, the quality of the cars are getting better, in the past even their own country man would not purchase thier locally assembled cars, but things and times and quality has changed and improved.

Besides the BMW 3 and 5 series being assembled in China so are the Audi A4 and A6, Mercedes Benz C and E class, several range of Chrysler and Chervolette American cars, the Chrysler 300C....Citron...toyota, honda...many many cars and guess what some of them are OEM from these China factories. But these cars are only sold in the Chinese market for price factor.

China is hungry to change and improve and rise to world standards to the point that they can change and improve an entire production line to get it right and up to par.

To purchase a Chinese car is a no brainer, you want something affordable and reliable, but at a certain price range, the Chery and Geely are not bad, my only qualm is that the Chery and Geely models in China are better than the ones sold in Singapore, higher specifications and engine choices, there are several popular Chinese brands in China that I hope to see in Singapore soon. The rides depending from brands to brands are some very comfortable.

• Praise 1

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

Honestly none- rather walk

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1