Which will you buy, Chery, Geely and Haifei

Typhoon125

design wise, i think the Chinese has done a great job in correcting design flaws from the jap or Koreans...

however, their workmanship and quality of their materials still have to be improved...

Chinese do a profit-making business...they make cars to earn money, unlike the Germans and Italians who make cars because they are passionate about it...hence a lot of effort is into engineering...

↡ Advertisement

Every body had to start somewhere and by copying it is the faster way to do it, after that they will start with copying with improvement and with enough experience they will do their own R&D to develop their own unique vehicle. Give the Chinese auto some time and they will grow.

Just like the Japanese 30 yrs ago they are call tin car but now they are more or less a good and reliable car. The Korean 15 yrs ago is also full of problem but now they are producing a much better cars then they used to.

• Praise 1

Chery latest model Riich G5

Engine: 2.0T

长/宽/高(mm) 4717/1794/1473

轴距 wheel base(mm) 2700

轮距前/后(mm) 1550/1530

行李箱容积(L) 400

整备质量 1598

动力总成相关参数

发动机型号 2.0TCI

发动机型式 直列四缸涡轮增加中冷发动机

发动机排量(cc) 1971

发动机功率(马力/rpm) 170马力/5500rpm(125kw)

发动机扭矩(Nm/rpm) 235/1900

变速箱 6MT

悬挂和制动系统

前悬挂 双叉臂式独立悬挂

后悬挂 多连杆加弹性纵臂独立悬挂

制动(前/后) 通风盘式/盘式

so far comments are good in china.

How much is it selling in China?

Very hard to imagine .. .very very adverse to China cars ...

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

• Praise 1

Japan took 20-25 years to catch up with Europe

Korea took 10-15 years to catch up with Japan

And now.... China will properbly take only 10 years to catch up with the rest... why so?... cause they are cash rich and they just have to buys the technologies. (Volvo and Hummer)

However, given the nature of China chinese's metality to cut corner in order to maximise profit (tinted milk case)... they might still end up making crap vehicle even if they have all the access to the best technologies in the world.

Conclusion... properbly have to wait till the next generation before China finally produce quality cars that the world embrace.

• Praise 1

design wise, i think the Chinese has done a great job in correcting design flaws from the jap or Koreans...

however, their workmanship and quality of their materials still have to be improved...

Chinese do a profit-making business...they make cars to earn money, unlike the Germans and Italians who make cars because they are passionate about it...hence a lot of effort is into engineering...

The problem of the Europeans is passion.

Passion until have to sell SAAB, Volva, Jaguar...

There must be a balance in Passion and Profits...

Finally Price wins...

Price: 14.28-15.56RMB

德國紐博格林10月13日,作為我國首款挑戰世界最難賽道的中高端轎車,瑞麒G5於10月13日現身紐博格林北環賽道,以8分56秒的成績,完成了上市前的一次完美極限征服。來自國內各大媒體的數十名專業觀眾,在北環賽道T13看臺,現場見證了這一世界級記錄的誕生。

此次成功挑戰紐博格林北環賽道,瑞麒G5的技術先進性和強大產品力得到完美驗證。瑞麒G5搭載的全鋁2.0T發動機,前期設計是AVL與奇瑞公司共同完成,有著強勁澎湃的動力輸出。底盤設計以車輛主動安全、乘坐、靈活駕駛作為首要考量因素,並由英國著名的跑車公司蓮花汽車公司耗時2年精心調校。此外,瑞麒G5還擁有目前最先進的車身設計

Chery took their soon to be launched Riich G5 premium sedan to the N

I can tell every single car, model and make on the road.

But for China cars, they all look the same to me and frankly, I cannot tell the Geelys from Hafei, Wuling etc etc.

The branding is too generic, models too plain.

And now.... China will properbly take only 10 years to catch up with the rest... why so?... cause they are cash rich and they just have to buys the technologies. (Volvo and Hummer)

However, given the nature of China chinese's metality to cut corner in order to maximise profit (tinted milk case)... they might still end up making crap vehicle even if they have all the access to the best technologies in the world.

Conclusion... properbly have to wait till the next generation before China finally produce quality cars that the world embrace.

/quote]

after Hummer & Volvo...who's next to be bought over? Chinese car makers will be buying over more and more foreign cars maker. Why waste money on R&D?

• Praise 1

i think among chery geely and haifei

i will not choose geely ... cause among all three geely is the worst

( my cousin and friends got geely,chery and haifei cars )from expriences many say geely agent here are [thumbsdown]

Edited by Introz
  • Praise 1

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

Second hand Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Mitsubishi Lancer.

Also: Proton and Perodua.

Edited by Krado
  • Praise 1

/quote]

I think it is not correct to stereotype China Chinese as people who only look at $$$.

Like all big country with large population, the culture at each location is very different.

The thinking of Chinese from different province can be very different even on the food and habit they have.

e.g Indonesia also has very diverse culture at different geographical location.

With better human resoure management and new information tools. They can now pool people with correct skill set to area that they need.

Given enough time, this process will be accelerated.

Those scientist that get the rocket to the sky don't come by chance, The ability and transformation of China high tech industry do not come by chance. Our neighbouring countries are also catching up rapidy

To my fellow Singaporean, the gap is closing rapidly, if we continue to whine and fight amongst ourselves, we will all need to be FT one day.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i tink china cars will catch up with jap and european sooner or later (probably 10~15yr)

however now is not the time to buy a china car yet

i have no confidence in the performance, safety and reliability

zero confidence

then again, a world reputable toyota also face safety problem, as far as safety concern, better dont cut cost!

what happened to SixSigma and TS16949 ????(both global quality standards)

Edited by Nimm12
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

give these brands a year or 2 and they should either die out or improve drastically. Friends chery suspension has died... both front n back

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1