Crashing into lamp post

Zheshi

Usually aim tree end up no hope want. More likely the car will wrap around the tree instead of tree topping [sweatdrop][whip] End up pay funeral cost also.. tat's Y more exp then lamp post. [sly]

Hi dear forumer,

if i crash into a lamp post and damaged it.. the whole pole drop down and land onto the road... what is the fine that i'm likely to pay?

Could i use my insurance to pay for the damage? or insurance would not cover that?

I passed by the accident site bro. Luckily the airbag was deployed but your front left portion seems badly damaged.

Drive carefully in the future. [:)]

U think tree is cheaper ? Think again...U might be better off crashing into a ditch or something else (not cursing U ok...)

Tree damaged or die...NP will come after you...the amount will depend on how long the tree has been there,....the longer it is there...the more expensive it is. My friend kenna compensate a hugh amount (can't remember liao) when he lagar tree at Lornie Road just outside the Japan Association.

Back in 1989 (can remember cos I was about to ROD)

My SGT crash into lamp post...lamp post came down and crash into bus stop...total damage was 12K

believe me. that jazz youngster really very young. specy with hair all standing up. really cocky looking.

I would love to see you hug a tree soon cause you sounded REAL SHALLOW..under 25 shouldnt drive? Y not? All pple under 25 considered 'IM-STILL-A-KID' to you? Or r u jealous you have aged and couldnt catch up with time?

Oh pls..how pple like to dress up, does it concern you? No?

1 of my fren who bang lamp post and tree before, he told me tat tree is more expensive than lamp post.

So... If u have the choice, aim tat lamp post. [lipsrsealed]

crash lamp post, lamp post fall down.

crash tree, tree remain intact, car write off.

(edited)

Yes agree with you. You are very correct. Depends on how long the tree has been there!

I think one of the bros are right, can even amount to 10k! Trees are 1 of the most expensive!

Edited by Icetrap

Neutral Newbie
errr... not readlli 2500 la, estimated about 1500-1800 only including all those wiring work if street lamp height of about 10-12meter, but of course this excluding any hidden cost which they might want to included.. how i know... cos i am selling them [lipsrsealed]

Wah liao... like that means Mindef make profit liao... [shocked]

I crashed into a lamp post and the lamp post fully fell off. I am only 17 years old, i contacted my insurance and they cancelled it and also have rejected to pay for any claim unless i pay them the remaining fee on my insurance of 3200 pounds. I have no idea how much the lamp post would cost but the council have told me that it is definitely not going to be cheap.  

I have only recently just passed my driving test and bought my first car and insurance and everything and all this has been sooo expensive. :(

After the crash, I immediately contacted the police and te council stating exactly what happened. Driving quite fast down the road, tried to turn and massive understeer from my VW POLO 1.4 ended with me sliding onto the kerb and impacting the lamp post. 

Should i pay my insurance fee or pay the council directly? Also, there is no way I'm going to be able to pay this money anytime soon. Can i pay in instalments. I'm still doing A-levels and in full time education so would this make a difference on what hapens after? Later this year, i will also be off to University! This is putting vast amounts of stress on me and my final exams are just around the corner :(.

Any advice would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by bena01432

I crashed into a lamp post and the lamp post fully fell off. I am only 17 years old, i contacted my insurance and they cancelled it and also have rejected to pay for any claim unless i pay them the remaining fee on my insurance of 3200 pounds. I have no idea how much the lamp post would cost but the council have told me that it is definitely not going to be cheap.  

I have only recently just passed my driving test and bought my first car and insurance and everything and all this has been sooo expensive. :(

After the crash, I immediately contacted the police and te council stating exactly what happened. Driving quite fast down the road, tried to turn and massive understeer from my VW POLO 1.4 ended with me sliding onto the kerb and impacting the lamp post. 

Should i pay my insurance fee or pay the council directly? Also, there is no way I'm going to be able to pay this money anytime soon. Can i pay in instalments. I'm still doing A-levels and in full time education so would this make a difference on what hapens after? Later this year, i will also be off to University! This is putting vast amounts of stress on me and my final exams are just around the corner :(.

Think you are better off letting the insurance take care of it until there is a conclusion. But then if the insurance came to know that you are speeding (still on Probation I presume) and found that there is negligence on your part, they might not pay. 

Take this as a lesson learnt and move forward. Next time speed with care and with a better car (if you are still into speeding). My 2 cents.

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 3

Do you mean you have not fully paid the insurance premium? Then, I think it is neater to pay the premium and let the insurer take care of the damages. You said that they have cancelled the policy. When you paid the premium fully, will they honour the claim?

This is an expensive lesson you've just taken. Being new and inexperienced and you drove fast that added up in the crash. You are young and the future is waiting for you, get this over and move on, no doubt it is very painful! Thank goodness that you are OK!

i guess the premium you had with your insurance company need to settle first before they will take care of the incident for you, are you parents aware and able to help since they bought you the car or?? 

new drivers i seldom recommend turbo cars or high CC cars which they cant control

lamp post is not cheap to self settle as mentioned in the previous post amounted up to a few k

btw now 17 years old can take license already? i thought is after 18year old to get license? r u a foreigner???  [shocked]

i guess the premium you had with your insurance company need to settle first before they will take care of the incident for you, are you parents aware and able to help since they bought you the car or?? 

new drivers i seldom recommend turbo cars or high CC cars which they cant control

lamp post is not cheap to self settle as mentioned in the previous post amounted up to a few k

btw now 17 years old can take license already? i thought is after 18year old to get license? r u a foreigner???  [shocked]

He's from England.

btw now 17 years old can take license already? i thought is after 18year old to get license? r u a foreigner??? [shocked]

Not from Singapore La. Quote "unless I pay the remaining fee of 3200 pounds."

Hi dear forumer,

if i crash into a lamp post and damaged it.. the whole pole drop down and land onto the road... what is the fine that i'm likely to pay?

Could i use my insurance to pay for the damage? or insurance would not cover that?

10 years too late

But just claim in your insurance report.

You swerved a few times to avoid the lamp post but it just refused to move out of the way.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1