NKF in the news

User12343

Turbocharged

in his position, he has probably did his sums and figured that he has lesser to lose this way than to surrender totally.

Even if he was to be jailed for not returning a single cent, his "crime" is not gg to "qualify" him for a lengthy stay in Changi.

I personally would have taken the same route...what would you have done if u were in his shoes? (note that i am not condoning his actions)

↡ Advertisement

In any case, the punishments these individuals are getting are more to please the emotional aspect of the general public and bring the whole saga to a 'proper' close.

I'm not sure if i'll take the same route cos I haven't really think about it. But I guess if he feel that he has been treated unfairly, then maybe he will want to make sure that the people who is after his blood will get less.

Neutral Newbie

1) Was he caught in the HK airport(arriving or departing?)

2) Was he tracked down by his Singapore autoroam Handphone signals?

3) Was he purposely allowed to leave Singapore,(I am sure Yong/Durai has a detective following his movement all these while in Singapore) so that MORE charges can be place upon him so that Durai will not be seen the bigger devil?

it is like the mel gibson's movie

we will try an catch you but we will give you a head start and let you run first

[:)]

Supercharged

yep...but for people that are able to look beyond the surface, then will be questioning, is this the proper closure?

(edited)
actually you are stretching the argument a bit.

first his illegal disposal of assets is an aftermath of the NKF saga, not part of it. So the illegality of it does not beef up your earlier illustration.

plus, his running away is merely his petulance towards paying for the omissions or oversight which he felt he never benefitted. it is more likely than his admission of guilt on the NKF saga. Plus, guilt in laymen terminology is not illegal. it could be anything emotionally unnerving. Guilty in law and court terminology then is fraudulent. so we must not loosely use both instance of guilt together.

1.I had admitted in my previous posting that my earlier illustration is along the lines of crime vs legallity which is not an apple-to-apple comparison. However, please note that the word I used is "wrong" and not "illegal". That his failing in the CEO was a wrong.

2.However, his movement of assets and leaving the country is ILLEGAL

Up to this point, the wrong aspect is only on his responsibilities as the CEO. It's only when he chose to run away and move his assets did he commit something illegal. I have never used the illegality of his asset moving and running away as a substantiating arguement to my illustration

Please read my reply properly.

As silver_blade has pointed out, his running away just made his problem worse, from being wrong(or negligent) to illegal

While do agree that we should not be confused and draw the conclusion that what's wrong is illegal, we should also keep in mind that what's legal is not necessary completely right

Edited by Scoots

Ha ha... finally get caught [:p]

When export him back to S'pore? Heard his wife also kenna [whip] ... what's her offence?

Supercharged

i think you are the one that did not really read properly or type properly.

if in your previous posting, you had just type out your commments at 1), i would not have replied further. as i have no argument with 1) since you now agreed to it. whatever my reply is, it seeks to address the inapt illustration you use rather than your comments on 2).

if you go back and check your wordings, you will see that in your prior post you did not explicitly state your example is inappropriate but in fact jumped on to a conclusion to say Yong's running away is an admission of guilt. First, i had to address this because it is more likely he run because he want to keep his money rather than a sense of guilt. If he had left his money behind in singapore but ran out of singapore, i would have agreed with your statement. 2ndly, i had to discuss about your usage of "guilt" here because guilt experienced by the individual is different from "guilty" as prononunced by court. The issue is that these 2 things must be discussed seperately. Hence it is still not wrong for me to break this 2 thing up to discuss seperately with no intention to discredit your argument. But to lead the argument to distinguish between the 2 versions of guilt.

The papers state that she could be repatriated if she was found to be guilty of assisting Yong in concealing his assets or helping him flee.

(edited)

her offence?

singing...

The Yong ones,

D1cky we're the Yong ones,

And Yong ones shouldn't be afraid.

To leave, run

While the lightning is strong,

for we won't be the free ones very long.

To Hongkong,

why wait till sales gone,

To Nathan Road now will never comes.

Shop, me,

there's a prada to be done

And the best time is to swing while we're Yong.

Once in every lifetime

comes a mercedes.

I need you and you need me.

Oh my d1cky can't you see.

Yong dreams

Should be dreamed together,

Yong hearts shouldn't be afraid.

And some day when the years have flown

D1cky, this will teach the yong ones of our own.

The yong ones

D1cky, we're the yong ones

The yong ones

D1cky, we're the yong ones.

No more.........

Edited by Apollo

My exact words were "...but his running away is definitely seen as an admission that he did do wrong..." The word is "WRONG" not "GUILT"

At no point in any of my first 2 posts did I use the word guilt. I repeat: Please read my post properly.

And I still stick by what I say: His running away is an admission that he did wrong.

Hhmmm, it won't be surprised that he is still peniless now he is caught. Prob already hide the heist. After few years in jail still come out as Hau Han !?

Not smart enough to run to those prominent area(s).

↡ Advertisement