Subaru Impreza 1.6i - Tips to Increase FC

Gim_ong

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Greetings to all Impreza Drivers and Lovers of AWD.

I will first start by sharing my tips to increase FC for my new car.

Currently my Impreza 1.6i MT is still under RUN in less than 1600 km

The Run in Engine Oil is very thick , thickest compare to Mineral oil and Full Syn oil

I have acheived 12-13.5km /litre of petrol with lot of careful driving.

TIPS

1) I have installed EZ-stab EXTreme. I have just Spend $620 on this Extreme. Very worth it

It aids in Power and Fuel Efficiency

2) I always change gear @ 1500 - 1700 rpm. I entered 5th Gear @ 60km/hr speed.

3) I always set my gear to NEUTRAL during down slope, enter 5th Gear and slowly release clutch when I am about to reach flat road. I do that everyday on CTE.

4) When I saw red light at a distance, I will set Neutral and let it cruise. I dare to do this because it is AWD. Very Stable. Not afraid it will skid or anything. AWD is the best.

5) Check and pump to the correct tyre pressure every alternate days.

I am hoping to bring this Impreza to 15km/litre. I am in constant process to search for good products and tips to improve on FC. anyway the petrol price have increased.

Since I have bought subaru cars, i do not think i will switch brand. I am aiming for a SUBARU Legacy for my next car.

I hope all the GURU out there in MCF will contribute on the tips of BEtter FC. I will humbly accept advices.

Cheers

GIMMY

Edited by Gim_ong
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

any ideas for AT my average is 9.5km/. which is the best engine oil for 1.6? any idea wat is the "power" button for auto for?

Neutral Newbie

..... You might as well get those cars which are known for their FC mah...

1) I wonder when can you earn back your $620... More Power = more Air+fuel burn. Then how can aid Fuel Efficiency or likewise?

2) Well, do you also travel at 60km/h on E-way? I think 80-90 is the sweet spot from the guy who drove to genting and back with a full tank. (Can anyone remember?)

3) Can you pls avoid doing that on E-way with cars ard ya..

4) AWD good, won't skid la if you're going so slow but still not advisble.

5) Do you check with your own gauge at your place or do you go to the petrol station every alternate day to pump? Wouldn't you be wasting fuel to travel to and fro just to do so?

Legacy is swee but if FC is a real concern then i suggest you dun bother uping your cc.

a) Don't put unneccessary stuffs in your car.

b) I heard of this from a Taxi driver. He won't pump full as it add more weight. sweatdrop.gif

Enjoy drivingcar.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro,

The tips to INCREASE FC is full throttle your car wherever you go. That was pretty easy huh.

I suppose you mean DECREASE FC.

1) Turn off air-con

2) I change gear every 2.5krpm ( Will get me around 0.1 - 0.3 Boost )

Able to achive avg 9km/l

Edited by Turbine

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

[reply]

1) I wonder when can you earn back your $620... More Power = more Air+fuel burn. Then how can aid Fuel Efficiency or likewise?

More air + same amount of fuel = More power. But don't over lean the A/F

Edited by Turbine

hope you are not offended...but why get an impreza if your concern on fuel consumption is so great...an impreza have never been know for good fuel consumption...if you can get 15km on a litre...my hat off you...i really will like to join you a day or two and see how you actually drove... [:)]

I suggest you change your gear at the correct speed and powerband and maybe your FC can be even better.

BTW, between saving on FC Vs per-mature wear and tear on your clutch and gear box, I wonder which one is cheaper.

and you sure going on free gear downslope save more fuel compared to be in gear but not pressing acceralator?

Something for you to ponder on and thanks for sharing..

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

I think jus buy spending a whopping $620 on the ezstab, u already shot yourself in the foot in the quest of better FC. Think of how many tanks a person can pump with $620 man.

Maybe u shd try taking out the ezstab and driving without it and see how many km/l u gain.. who knows, maybe u gain 1 or 2km/l only? And it u really gain 1 or 2km/l, how many tanks u'll need to pump before u break even with the $620 investment? Probably years?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Luke Sky,

I am driving alot as I service customer alot.

I will able to make it all back in less than 1 yr.

After all, when I bought EZ-stab extreme, it promise me 2 yr warranty.

Cheers

Gimmy

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Sony,

When you are in Gear and not pressing the Acceralator.

You are basically having Engine Brakes ON.

As for AWD, I dare to be on NEUTRAL whenever the chance allows.

When I do the 1500-1800 rpm to gear change, I make sure it is a smooth transmission,

anything not smooth it means drinking petrol.

Cheers

Gimmy

Edited by Gim_ong

Neutral Newbie

Hi

"2) Well, do you also travel at 60km/h on E-way? I think 80-90 is the sweet spot from the guy who drove to genting and back with a full tank. (Can anyone remember?) "

I do not drive 60km/hr on E-way.

I just remember that by the time I enter 5th Gear, My speed is 60-65km/hr.

I will travel ard 95 km/hr on the E-way.

Currently I am trying to achieve 100km/hr just with the RPM @ 2000.

Always in search for better Fuel Efficiency method.

In fact I bought TS just to Find out, how to do it. This car is my 2nd car, I use it for experiment and service customer.

Cheers,

Gimmy

TS,

how does AWD help in emergency braking?

I tot the crucial technologies should be EBD, ABS, VSC

i mean AWD simply just means all wheels spinning together (which improves traction when the car is on the move)

so when u free-wheel on neutral.... u require hard braking down slope, what does AWD do?

TS, the way you drive, how to enjoy? [shakehead]

I tink its a balanced equation. if ur work doesnt have enough stress, one will tend to give themselves other kinds of stress like driving meticulously to IMPROVE FC

Neutral Newbie

Hi Seaweed,

I know that sound stupid, really.

the goal is actually achieve it.

Well most of us like to have the Best of everything.

I cannot buy a Honda Jazz, which can have 15km/litre of petrol just using the Auto Transmission.

It gave me lousy centre of gravity. When you do that

I cannot do a down slope corner sharpe corner Expressway Exit. I did it with NEUTRAL , speed is 80km/hr. And the CAr GLued to the ground. That is what I call Enjoyment.

In search for the Best car EVER. Most of us who buy car want the best of everything.

-Impreza 1.6i Gave me the Stability of an Euro Car.

- Luxury of leather inside,

- Made in Japan , cheaper than VIOS and Altis which is made in Thailand

-Look not so Uncle.

-Price cheaper than Altis and VIOS and Honda. ( wants the best deal)

I choose Impreza over all cars, now try all i can to get back the VVTI FC which is 12km/litre.

When I test drive an Altis @ Leng Kee, I did a 90 degree sharpe corner, Cannot make it, It does not felt STABLE.

I am trying to MOD for better FC and train myself to drive Fuel economically.

What SUBARU gave me , Image which is not so UNCLE and the EURO feel is out of this world.

In future when I reach my 40s, No way I am going to buy a CAMRY. My target SUBARU LEGACY.

Cheers

Gimmy

Does not MOD for POWER

Mod only for Fuel Efficiency.

↡ Advertisement