New Mitsubishi Lancer EX is here! Prices, Pictures...

Nikolaiski

this time i guess it should be the same engine as the CVR.. 1.5L Mivec turbo.

but i wonder how will the pricing be if that's the case. 1.5L turbo more ex than 2.0 NA? hmm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

for mit, next step above lancer is outlander already, there is no large saloon, as compared to cefiro where it fills the large saloon segment and the aids infected offspring is trying to be a half way b/w mid and large

Agree. Btw is the EX sitting on a completely new platform or still the over 14yrs old one? My guess it is sitting on the completely new one cos it has finally grown overall.

based on the new outlander platform.

Neutral Newbie
sigh.. there's still plenty of people who buy coz friends buy or rather, carpark is full of such cars, so can't go wrong.. [:p]

or there's those that said it's a true blue made in Jepun car, so worth buying.. [:/]

Or those that said it look nice and unique, so can buy.. after a few month, the road is full of such cars.. tell me about uniqueness [laugh]

It's a good alternative for those considering the Honda FD 2.0L, which is priced at least a $10K premium over the GT 2.0L Lancer.

Both are still made in Japan though.

Me too...but hiaz i can't afford the best NA engine on market (Ferrari engine) not even 2nd best (S2000 engine). No choice but to go the forced induction side.

for mit, next step above lancer is outlander already, there is no large saloon, as compared to cefiro where it fills the large saloon segment and the aids infected offspring is trying to be a half way b/w mid and large

Agree. Btw is the EX sitting on a completely new platform or still the over 14yrs old one? My guess it is sitting on the completely new one cos it has finally grown overall.

based on the new outlander platform.So it is Mit's in-house designed...not by Merc or PSA (who are rebadging it to sell as Pug and Cit).

Neutral Newbie
maybe thats what they do when they don t have the car in yet.

it sure is cheaper than hiring a photograper to do a shoot and then get the graphic designer to do the detailing - that would cost in the range of thousands

The 1st batch of cars are already in SGP since late May. There are 5 units of "mysterycar.com.sg" running on the roads right now. If you want to take a look at the actual car, go to C&C Pandan warehouse.

I just secure my COE this round, will be collecting my Lancer EX on 10th Aug 08, will post pic after collection.

Neutral Newbie

outlander is mit's own development.

PSA is reselling the mit outlander in europe under their brand BUT with the diesel variant. In return mit will buy PSA diesel engines and use it in japan and export markets outside europe.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
If S$62.9K is considered overpriced for a newly launched made-in-Japan 1.5l sedan, then what does it say about an aging "end-of-lifespan" Thai assembled Japanese 1.6l sedan selling for S$59.8K?

After july 1st bidding, price was reduced to $61.9K. Looks like price will increase back to $62.9K now. I agree with you, if a Latio Basic can sell for $58.5K and Tomyam Altis can sell for $59.8K, the new Lancer at $61.9K is consider expensive? [hur]. Maybe, people are looking at waiting for the new model price to drop to $40K. But by then, will Altis and Latio drop to $40K too or better still, drop to same price as the China-made cars.

Edited by Sportster

Wah really can't wait to see the new lance on the road n see it for real.

currently the new lancer EX not available to test drive yet yah? but u confirm buying liao ah.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
currently the new lancer EX not available to test drive yet yah? but u confirm buying liao ah.

Take a gamble lar... my cousin SE in Mitsubishi tested the car already...Anyway, I got good discount off the list price from him. When Mazda3 was launched 3+ yrs back, I also almost booked without test-drive, luckily my car then only 1+ yr old, thus change my mind. Also, my current car going 5 yrs soon, so time to let go...

Problem now is I wanted the GT Spoiler and C&C wanted me top up another $500, trading in the lip spoiler for only $100. Really bullsh1t from them for so-called early bird customer

Edited by Sportster
↡ Advertisement