New Mitsubishi Lancer EX is here! Prices, Pictures...

Nikolaiski

bro..u sound more professional..

@ least u get pple to refer to the merchant's thread..

coz i see some thread sponsors...

they are bombarding everywhere encouraging pple to buy from them thumbsdown.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gifthumbsdown.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif to ur professionalism bro..keep it upz... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hi there, many thanks for your kind words. Well i guess its the intense competition to get the better of oneself.

I am going to add more pictures of the new lancer in my merchant thread too, wif my camera lar hee hee not those professional ones. Do visit yah even if you not keen :)

Cheers

Posted Image

↡ Advertisement

spoken like a true professional indeed thumbsup.gif

think some of us are eagerly awaiting for ur pics..

yupz..me will go there have a looks...

thnks bro..for the effort thumbsup.gif

so um....heard u wanna go for copen...

sly.gif

maybe can look for lobangking sly.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

oops..this is supposed to be a secret sweatdrop.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
yes...let us not forget that mitsubishi was famous in japan for deceiving the japanese public over not recalling its cars due to faults ! the japanese have not forgiven them since....dishonesty is a really bad thing....

2.0L elegance comes with disc drum config to save $$$...sigh..all round disc brakes are a high and necessary standard for most 2.0L cars......only the nissan sylphy 2.0 has drums i think.... remember the original mazda 3 came with rear drums but soon they offered free conversion to discs when all nre models came with all rounds discs....haha..and the mazda 3 1.6 with large rims is a underpowered and slow car somemore

In the United States only the the 2l Lancer DE comes with rear drum brakes.

According to the specs, DE's front disc brake rotors are 276mm.

That is exactly the same rotor size as the 240hp VR4 Galant and the 260hp EVO3!

And don't forget that the VR4 has a curb weight of 1520kg while the EVO3 at 1451kg.

What about the 150hp DE? Only has a curb weight of 1360kg. [nod]

So I am assuming that the 2l EX Lancer or elegance is the same spec as the DE. The figures above should be able to tell if the front discs and rear drums combi are sufficient. You guys go do your maths. [flowerface]

In this case having rear disc brakes IMO is more for cosmetic effect. It sure looks more cool with all round disc brakes but you can always go for the higher specs GT Lancer.

(edited)

Not according to this review

They tested a Lancer ES 2.0L 5spd MT w rear drums. Looks like Mitsubishi did learn from the earlier fiasco.

http://features.evolutionm.net/article.php?id=80

"Popping the hood, you will find the heart of the new Lancer and Evolution, the 4B11 power plant. This is a 2.0L MIVEC all aluminum 4 cylinder with the now more common forward facing intake manifold. The new MIVEC system now includes variable intake and exhaust cam timing for increased torque. While the engine is rated at 152bhp, we were able to measure 142hp/143tq at the wheels on a Dynomite dynometer showing that this number may be slightly underrated." (only 6.6% loss to the 5MT drive train based on published specs)

"Trying to over take another car will require revving the motor past 3500 where the 4B11 quickly comes into its own. Some will find this lack of low end grunt annoying but to us, the free revving high end pull made it quite entertaining. 0-60 testing showed a respectable 7.65 best time with medium wheel spin, proving that the 152hp/3100lb combination may be stronger then advertised. Our

Edited by EventH

Neutral Newbie
reading the review in today, it appears that despite the exterior nice looks, only the GT models get all round disc brakes ! can u imagine drive the 1.5 liter or 2.0 elegance and only have both rear drum brakes.....sigh..mitsubishi is cutting corners again [mad]

also the dash looks horrid...looks very old .......... [:(]

but i guess all singaporeans care is exterior looks......the ricers will be flooding to the car in droves [laugh]

Went to Leng Kee C&C(Level 2 MSCP) to take a look at the GT models(White & Red version parked there,both Auto),comes with Paddleshift(Auto version),full RocksFord Fosgate I.C.E etc... Front bumper looks like Galant,rear bumper kinda looks Mazda-like [:|] .. too blocky for my taste.Overall average looks for me... GT model stated are ard $76998-$78998 with some rebates.

this will be the next Ricer fav to mod to look like EvoX [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Cheers!!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
wow lau! new Lancer 2.0 doesn't lose new Civic 2.0(M) lah (Engine only)

Lancer2.0(M) vs Civic 2.0(M)

HP: 155 vs 155

Torque: 199 vs 188

Price: 76.9k vs 80.2k

CIVIC GOT TROUBLE LIAO

Some buyers are getting up to $5K discount off the pre-launched GT price, depending on whether there is trade-in car, repeat customer & pre-launched $2K early bird discount etc, thus the 2.0GT (M) is effectively only $71.9K, even cheaper than the Civic FD 1.6(M) @$73.5K. I would gladly go for the manual, if not for my wifey.

Edited by Sportster

Not according to this review

They tested a Lancer ES 2.0L 5spd MT w rear drums. Looks like Mitsubishi did learn from the earlier fiasco.

http://features.evolutionm.net/article.php?id=80

"Popping the hood, you will find the heart of the new Lancer and Evolution, the 4B11 power plant. This is a 2.0L MIVEC all aluminum 4 cylinder with the now more common forward facing intake manifold. The new MIVEC system now includes variable intake and exhaust cam timing for increased torque. While the engine is rated at 152bhp, we were able to measure 142hp/143tq at the wheels on a Dynomite dynometer showing that this number may be slightly underrated." (only 6.6% loss to the 5MT drive train based on published specs)

"Trying to over take another car will require revving the motor past 3500 where the 4B11 quickly comes into its own. Some will find this lack of low end grunt annoying but to us, the free revving high end pull made it quite entertaining. 0-60 testing showed a respectable 7.65 best time with medium wheel spin, proving that the 152hp/3100lb combination may be stronger then advertised. Our

↡ Advertisement