How do we report reckless drivers to TP?

Will TP take action? Or would they ignore our emails and letters? I once made a police report on hit and run on my car but the IO replied their investigation yielded no results.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

report via email, reply u asking for more info n particulars...after that, no news...write in ask outcome, get an out of office reply 2 weeks later still no reply!! [mad] that's what i went through

If you are "serious" about reporting any particular driver (driving recklessly), go to any police post or station and request to lodge any "NP168", at the end of the report, state clearly that you are willing to testify in court.

The investigating officer would need to take statement from you and establish that an offence has indeed commited and follow up with necessary interview the offender, which may result in summon/court action.

However, if you are the involved party (in the case of accident, for example), they their classification may not be the same, depending on how the IO view it!

This happened to my previous car. A van swerved into my lane and hit my front left bumper. The van continued without stopping.I managed to take a pic of the rear of the van at a traffic light stop with my hp but the driver sped off before I could confront him. I have the vehicle number.

I went to a Neighbour Police Post to report. I gave my statement. I offered to give them my pics as evidence but the police officer say no use. They ask me go home wait for letter. 3 months later, they post me a letter saying they started investigations and will update me on the progress. Another 2 months after this letter, they notify me through post again saying their investigation yielded no results and no action will be taken.

Did I do anything wrong that reduced the chances of catching this reckless driver?

How different is a NP168 different from a statement we give? I did not know of such things. I assume the officer knows what to do so I just gave my statement.

Will TP take action? Or would they ignore our emails and letters? I once made a police report on hit and run on my car but the IO replied their investigation yielded no results.

u mean they on the spot googled it and tell u no result found? [:p]

Actually, you'll meet all kind of drivers the day you start driving. I've met a fair share of reckless drivers (i.e. red light still can turn and nearly cause accident, coming out of car park lot never bother to check blind spots, etc, etc). I can tell you, the cops can't doing anything about it because if the other party deny, there's nothing else to prove you right.

Unless it's a straight forward case of rear ending, if not, just be careful. Avoiding is always better. Frankly, reporting these drivers only waste your precious time.

if i were u, i sure shoot the IO upside down.... wat kind of system they have? just because it's a small issue and they just say no result yielded? u got proof leh not say dun have... i sure go bang table or even bang the whole place down to get a better response... what is tis, neighbour police post no need do anything ah? pay so much $$$ to them do wat? sit in office shake leg take $$$? [furious]

How different is a NP168 different from a statement we give? I did not know of such things. I assume the officer knows what to do so I just gave my statement.

NP168 is a report which serve as 1st contact (1st report to police) thus is observe different from a statementwink.gif

Officer "usually" trained to provide service in accordance to procedure given but some may not be updated or familiartongue.gif

Not the NP168. NP 168 is for accidents only.

Have I remember wrongly???sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

There is a "Report for Traffic Incident" form, any idea what's the form numder for this form?rolleyes.gif

Bro, have u infd ur insurance? If there is any damaged to ur car, then its best to notify ur insurance. In turns the insurance will write to other party insurance. There's going to have dispute bet the ins companies and then only TP will come into picture of the outcome. This is another way to have justice done. [angel]

This happened to my previous car. A van swerved into my lane and hit my front left bumper. The van continued without stopping.I managed to take a pic of the rear of the van at a traffic light stop with my hp but the driver sped off before I could confront him. I have the vehicle number.

I went to a Neighbour Police Post to report. I gave my statement. I offered to give them my pics as evidence but the police officer say no use. They ask me go home wait for letter. 3 months later, they post me a letter saying they started investigations and will update me on the progress. Another 2 months after this letter, they notify me through post again saying their investigation yielded no results and no action will be taken.

Did I do anything wrong that reduced the chances of catching this reckless driver?

Report to insurance... and throw in the pics as evidence...

let them take it up..

Or.. if u really pissed off... after that go hospital and complain neck pain.. chest pain from the seatbelt..

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago, except the offender just received a warning and to be careful in future.

What the @$#! I thought. What's the point in reporting if all they get is a warning. I was left with a scratch on the bumper for all my efforts!

↡ Advertisement