Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:06 PM
Is there saving in the long term? Can't imagine the day when one needs to change the battery?
Anybody here have convinced themselves that it is time to take the plunge and switch to a hybrid?
I am seriously considering replacing my old 4 wheeler that has a mine of her own with a Prius but not sure of the long term implications in terms of cost to the driver.
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:10 PM
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:23 PM
Why dont u consider getting a 2nd hand car and convert into CNG system(cost 3.4k). Its much more petrol saving this way. Me & a few bros considering getting the 2 yr old 2.4l Sonata and converting it. Conbmine with CNG + Jbee Petrol, u will be getting a huge spacious car with an equal if not better milage than a Vios/City.
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:36 PM
But these cars booth space is limited , the CNG tank might take up the entire booth space . No problems will the Sonata tho.....Everything is double that of Vios/City, except for the 2nd hand price which is about the same for all 3 cars.
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:48 PM
Actually i not the pro to advise u. But its well discuss by Genie47 here. U might want to read through.
For me, im still thinking hard whether to do a double conversion of my current OPC Lancer + CNG system or get a 2nd hand Sonata + convert. My petrol bill also quite high. My lancer takes 50ltrs full tank...that will costs abt $80 of Spore petrol.....
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:52 PM
The highest bid i got was 27k during the highest COE time, which is abt 1-2mths back. Now im not so sure liao. Might be tempted to take the plunge soon, cos my outstanding loan now is abt 30k....just a few k diff nia.
Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:56 PM
Comes in a standard 10kg tank which can last 270km milage for Genie's Aveon. And mind you, the cost abt $1.05/kg now. Bloody $10+ for 270km milage, where to find lar.
Conversion takes at least 4 days. 1 week max depending on whether they have the parts.
SGI kit from Melchers (OMVL from Italy) is 3.5k
Mixer kit (Galileo from Argentina) is 2k.
Edited by Hiphiphoray, 30 July 2007 - 01:59 PM.
Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:07 PM
Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:29 PM
I am sure the price will be more competitive in the future when there are more CNG and hybrid cars available in the market....
Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:34 PM
1. petrol bills killing me so need to look for alternatives;
2. cng is an option but no station except for jurong. new one at mandai starts in jan 2008.
3. cng station at mandai... is it 24x7 or office hours? any more to come?
4. loss of power. my ride, if add 80kg on top of what i normally have, will feel lethargic liao. with cng weight and slight loss of power, i think will feel underpowered and no joy to drive.
5. boot space compromised. suv got lots of space but cannot put many smaller stuffs unless you use a cargo net to hold them.
6. prius too ex for a hybrid and to give sufficient cost savings to be driving a weird and old car.
7. cng is cheap now but will it remain that way? prices in singapore are artificial due to gahmen taxes and monopoly.
dats how i ended up with civic hybrid.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users