Toyota ATF alternatives

Upguy1

some say that using the drain method, half of the ATF stays in the torque convertor.

Did you measure the amount that comes out before pouring the new atf inside?

I think my mech might have over filled abit the last time round. He always pour in the 4L of T-IV. What is the best(most accurate) way to check ATF level?

Check your car manual. Mine is 2.8L for ATF, hence 3 quarts. Some car design is when you refill the ATF, it'll continue to fill till it's full then it'll overflow as the opening is sideways at max level (hence not possible to overfill), not top as per engine oil (not the diptick check as per engine oil).

Drain is similar to engine oil, it'll more or less be drained.

Edited by Vblaster_w211

I ask before already, they (Schaeffer) still use the old "Synthetic blend label" in their 204SAT till now because they have alot of old label stocks printed. They have to used up the old label first before using the new fully syn label. This is the stupidest reason i ever heard [hur]

I wonder if in reality, they have not excess labels but excess stock of the old blended oil which they must clear b4 they bring out the newer fully syn oil? [confused][sly]

Hi all,

Where can I get the Toyota ATF Type T-IV for $32 dollars ?

You can check with toyota stockists, Fong Tat, Ric Tat and Min Ghee etc.

Google for their contact numbers and call them for pricing. Standard cash terms on the spot.

↡ Advertisement