• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
341 replies to this topic | 251 praises

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:45 AM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any bros here noe whr to get the above?btw, its a fish.i need about 100 of them for my new wall mounted tank.dun tink feasible to get it from normal pet shops coz its gonna be expensive.i was tinking those fish supplier/farm types wud be betta bet...any ideas?any1 got lobang?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:04 AM

Jackpot
  • Jackpot
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dont get neon tetras, get cardinal tetras instead.

Go to Sea View Aquarium, 2 seletar West Farmway 2, their Cardinal Tetras(L) is selling 100 pcs for $45. Pay them a visit, they are selling many other kind of tetras.

Rgards.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

last time due to fish competition the price more exp but now should b cheaper.

try seletar farmway 3 and 5.

1 thing though, try to get those fr hongkong and not from africa. usually 100 pc can get discount.

大灯 - cardinal
新灯 - neon
中灯
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Neon is cheap... usually you can buy 100 pcs for $10-15...
if you have more budget, get cardinal instead... it's nicer and not prone to NTD (neon tetra disease) wink.gif

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

Slowmo
  • Slowmo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

100? How do they count them? dizzy.gif
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The only thing you have to know about religion is that you are not God.
---
Drive carefully: It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:01 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

scoop ard 5-10 each time lor.. beri e-chee one.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

wat are cardinal tetras?am only familiar wif neons instead...are they still blue in colour?

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

full blooded red

neon tetra... 1/2 red

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

Cheongtako
  • Cheongtako
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Any bros here noe whr to get the above?btw, its a fish.i need about 100 of them for my new wall mounted tank.dun tink feasible to get it from normal pet shops coz its gonna be expensive.i was tinking those fish supplier/farm types wud be betta bet...any ideas?any1 got lobang?

I bought abt 100 pcs a few weeks ago for $S10. it's from one of those warehouse aquarium companies off-jalan-kayu. If interested PM me and I will send you a map to the exact shop i been too..

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go to Neo Tiew area. There are a number of fish farms and they charge wholesale retailers' price. Think I paid $25 for 100 cardinals in the past.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:07 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

bro, u mean the full blooded red is the cardinal?coz i always see the 1/2 red ones as neon tetras.. dizzy.gif

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

thnks bro but neo tiew quite far off for me...tink seletar farmway, jln kayu is more convenient.hehe.appreciate it

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Emils
  • Emils
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Cool! Suddenly see so many fish-lovers in MCF. :) I used to keep a lot of fishes too, but stopped just before I was enlisted.

Thinking of picking back this past-time again. :) How much does setting up a 3 foot tank with aqua-scaping, filter and lighting cost now?

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Porker
  • Porker
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

$200 should suffice

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

Nkps
  • Premium member
    Nkps
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wah bro... didnt know u into fish also.... me too but only mermaid thumbsup.gif

any recommendation where to buy mermaid at wholesale price? need about 20..... also after that, need to buy WATER bed... any lobang?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
~~~ modest wealth comes from frugality and great wealth is Heaven's will ~~~

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

Gilahonda
  • Premium member
    Gilahonda
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

kehkeh...mebbe u wait for those waterbed sale that cums with mermaids?hehe...wait long long....

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

Nkps
  • Premium member
    Nkps
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

national day coming.... got alot of sales lately... should have, r u driving a honda? can help me carry the water bed? i give u one mermaid on house laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
~~~ modest wealth comes from frugality and great wealth is Heaven's will ~~~

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

$200 is not enuff lah.. unless u got tank liaoz/

my setup is old tank

overhead lamp using a 1x26W flore tube make in china but ballast beri hot. ard $40 plus timer switch $15
1 pc JEBO external filter ard $80 plus 1 set water scimmer $12
1 packet volcanic gravel, 1 pack water softener, 1 pack zeolite , 1 pack wool ard $45
1 set undergravel $10
1 pc of blower fan set to timer $25
3 packet of top soil fr ikea $12
40kg of black sand $60

assortment of plants $30

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i used to keep these fishes too..but they die until too fast too furious..any methods to make them more lasting?
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

check PH level must b soft water ie under 6.8 also check Nitrate level

dun do too much water change.. keep 10% per week max. in fact, my tank mainly top up water, abt 3 months neber change water liaoz.

also becos aqua planting, the filter change done once every 6 month

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Neon, Tetras, Where

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users