Neon Tetras - Where to get?

Gilahonda

Turbocharged

danio-galaxy-rasbora.jpg

this fish is nice, how much for them usually ? Is there such thing as dwarf angelfish?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

this fish is nice, how much for them usually ? Is there such thing as dwarf angelfish?

used to be pretty cheap. about $0.80 a pc but due to strong demand, should be around $1.50.

I know saltwater got dwarf angelfish. not sure about freshwater thou.

Supercharged
(edited)

hahaha.... you too kan cheong already. should spend 50% of the time on planning first. try not to keep more than 3 sp of plants in one setup. less is more for planted tank in my opinion.

else, it will end up looking like a rojak tank.

Presenting rojak..

Got too much plants, think I going to pass them to my friend's shop and sell away.

Just like p69 said, good lighting is important..

Thinking of going y618 again to buy a good led lamp.. using nano led for tank 2..totally cannot make it..

BTW, what is that red tetra u posted call?

anyone knows there's a fish call half red white sword? Look like under tetra but Google, cannot find

post-47635-0-75798100-1404491673_thumb.jpg

post-47635-0-52335000-1404491694_thumb.jpg

post-47635-0-76442600-1404491711_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurty

Turbocharged

Presenting rojak..

Got too much plants, think I going to pass them to my friend's shop and sell away.

Thinking of going y618 again to buy a good led lamp.. using nano led for tank 2..totally cannot make it..

anyone knows there's a fish call half red white sword? Look like under tetra but Google, cannot find

you referring to this koi swordtail?

p-39917-koi-swordtail.jpg

go slow with your light as your plants and tank not mature yet. start off with 5 hrs daily for the first week and as you start to see them grow, add an hr weekly till 9 hr a day. also make sure your co2 injection is around 30ppm during photo period.

else, you will start seeing algae.

ok. poison you want you can achieve with your small tank setup. [:)]

image4.jpg

Supercharged

go slow with your light as your plants and tank not mature yet. start off with 5 hrs daily for the first week and as you start to see them grow, add an hr weekly till 9 hr a day. also make sure your co2 injection is around 30ppm during photo period.

image4.jpg

This koi swordtail, never seen before. Quite nice.

My lighting are daily 8hrs, half red white sword as attached.

post-47635-0-07978800-1404493072_thumb.jpg

image4.jpg

Yes for a newly planted tank, keep lights on shorter or none at all for4 abt a week. When lighted, leaves grow. When dark, roots grow.

Just planted u wan the roots to grow fast to take hold of the substrate. Then once they r well anchored u wan the leaves to grow.

Once mature I had my lights on for 12 hrs n off for 12 hrs all set on timer.

Plants need special aquarium plant fertelizer. And I repeat u never use undergravel filter in a planted tank.

Turbocharged

Yes for a newly planted tank, keep lights on shorter or none at all for4 abt a week. When lighted, leaves grow. When dark, roots grow.

Just planted u wan the roots to grow fast to take hold of the substrate. Then once they r well anchored u wan the leaves to grow.

Once mature I had my lights on for 12 hrs n off for 12 hrs all set on timer.

Plants need special aquarium plant fertelizer. And I repeat u never use undergravel filter in a planted tank.

fully agreed!

Turbocharged

Presenting rojak..

bro, you need to sort out foreground, mid ground and background plants before planting. what I see is you are putting background plants in the front. once it start growing tall, it will become a "curtain" and cover the front view of your tank.

Supercharged

bro, you need to sort out foreground, mid ground and background plants before planting. what I see is you are putting background plants in the front. once it start growing tall, it will become a "curtain" and cover the front view of your tank.

Which are the backgrounds plants that placed wrongly??

today, I went to seaview, another heaven for fish lovers.

Spent an hr or so at there..

Almost hoot a 60cm tank but was stopped by wife..

End up, only bought a led light for plants, a bigger tank for tank 2, some leopard fish that eat algae.. black water and some rock thingy that proclaim to remove bad stuff..

50 cardinal for only $25. Conclusion seaview is definitely cheapest among all.

post-47635-0-52773700-1404564698_thumb.jpg

post-47635-0-35379900-1404564722_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

Which are the backgrounds plants that placed wrongly??

today, I went to seaview, another heaven for fish lovers.

Spent an hr or so at there..

Almost hoot a 60cm tank but was stopped by wife..

End up, only bought a led light for plants, a bigger tank for tank 2, some leopard fish that eat algae.. black water and some rock thingy that proclaim to remove bad stuff..

50 cardinal for only $25. Conclusion seaview is definitely cheapest among all.

bro, you very hero leh. you don't cycle your tank so fast put live stock already. sure get nitrogen poisoning.

i suggest you read up on nitrogen cycle before adding more live stock.

as for background plants, those stem plants in general are for background. foreground plants are like glosso, HC, hairgrass.

i suggest do a google search on fore, mid and background plants first.

don't rush into thing. else, waste money only. [:)]

while i buy most of my stuffs from seaview, i would say they have very limited knowledge on planted tank. so take their advice with a bag of salt.

http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/Basics-to-starting-a-Planted-Tank/4/

here is a good link on how to go about with planted tank. [:)]

Supercharged

bro, you very hero leh. you don't cycle your tank so fast put live stock already. sure get nitrogen poisoning.

i suggest you read up on nitrogen cycle before adding more live stock.

as for background plants, those stem plants in general are for background. foreground plants are like glosso, HC, hairgrass.

i suggest do a google search on fore, mid and background plants first.

don't rush into thing. else, waste money only. [:)]

while i buy most of my stuffs from seaview, i would say they have very limited knowledge on planted tank. so take their advice with a bag of salt.

http://www.plantedtank.net/articles/Basics-to-starting-a-Planted-Tank/4/

here is a good link on how to go about with planted tank. [:)]

Haha, not hero.. hero dies young..

I'm very impatient and passionate..

Definitely not going to buy anything for now.. Once tank is stable, I also intend to cut the lighting hours.. to stop them from growing too much..

So far, I have green fingers.. I kept many plants in my house.. everywhere u go, will be greeted by the greens..

My buddy who gave me tank 1.. also regret that I got so badly poisoned..

At most, I will buy another led light and a red betta.

Supercharged

Nice, how Big is the tank?

Like your led lighting, looks very bright.

I ever saw such tank, keeping clown fishes.

8 Gallon tank from JBJ. Bought it as a set with lights during Aquarama.

First tank on the link : http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod-rimless.html

Got manual too.

Nano tank with this type of substrate put lots of crystal shrimp inside also very chio [thumbsup]

8 Gallon tank from JBJ. Bought it as a set with lights during Aquarama.

First tank on the link : http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod-rimless.html

Got manual too.

Edited by Chickenfarm
  • Praise 1

Nano tank with this type of substrate put lots of crystal shrimp inside also very chio [thumbsup]

I am cycling the water now and will start planting next week.

Nanyang Aquarium off Seletar Farmway now is at the end of Sengkang West Avenue (before new road to TPE).

Seen this type of tanks sold at the said place. Very nice and some with display (fishes & weeds).

Used to keep fishes but gave up as when you go travelling for more than 8 days, must arrange for someone to take care of the fishes ... [grin]

↡ Advertisement