Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 8 praises

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,
May i know where can i get SUV tyres or any shop that sell SUV tyres at good price?

Thanks

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

Arowana1
  • Arowana1
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

the usual few tyre shops lor... im on toyo. no regrets on this tyre. quiet and sibeh good grip. michelin energy no fight.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Mind to share where and how much u paid for?
Im looking tyres with OWL one...like tis one..

Attached Thumbnails

• bfgoodrich-allterrain-ta-ko.jpg

Edited by Slowwalker, 01 August 2007 - 09:02 AM.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

Linusloh
  • Premium member
    Linusloh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Mind sharing which model toyo u using? how much? tks! smile.gif

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

These are Tyres for Jeeps...I had something like that on my Prado once...you should be able to get it from Stamford...

If I re-call correctly...265/65/17...I paid like $250/pc

But I gotta warn you...they are not very quiet & effective on roads...I suggest you use Road Tyres...much better grip...

hope this helps...
Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

did make a trip to stamford but they dont carry anymore.
Some have, but 3pcs. Or, replied me "will get back to me"... ended no news.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

Robertoon
  • Robertoon
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hankook do carries OWL tyre. But this batch all fully book by Tucson kakees..can wait?
Latest website: www.hankooktire.com.sg

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

Skinky
  • Skinky
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Im using the michelin latitude tour, fantastic comfort and good handling. the hardcore tyres will be very very noisy, and let's not start about the handling. it will suck big time.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

Arowana1
  • Arowana1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ah u lookin for off-road tyres. mine is suv wannabe tyres ie those for suv with fierce look but more suited for urban driving. got mine from tyres shop in malacca due to emergency. so dunno price in singapore but was told is cheaper than michelins. and to stress again, michelin is lousy... i would not have known how good toyo is (or bad michelin is) if circumstances did not force me to change tyres in malacca.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

How long i need to wait??? cos tyres "botan" liao... lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i am using 255 65 16
i used to be on hankook thumbsdown.gif

now i am on yoko geolander ht-s ....ok lah....the tyre rating is A for grip, A for temperature and 400 for treadwear (this figure confirm wrong bec i am not sure)

i heard that A+ is the best for grip.

can share your tyre size and why you feel that toyo's grip is good? if possible, can share tyre rating?

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i try to make do with whatever i can find...

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hummer
  • Premium member
    Hummer
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

You can try Hankook AS or AT with OWL.

Hankook shop selling about $125 per pc for 225/70/16

What's your ride if i may ask?

There is a more exotic one called Cooper Tires, from Aussie, i think. Dunno where to get it though. Of course there are the Yoko Geolanders AT.

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

actually asking on behalf of mine fren, he drove a GV 2005 2.0L 4WD.
Where can i locate the shop??

Edited by Slowwalker, 01 August 2007 - 05:45 PM.

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

Xcalibur
  • Premium member
    Xcalibur
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

i m getting my 235/70R16 Geolandar from the Jewellry-named shop at AMK ave 10.
his price is v gd. look for justin.

Edited by Xcalibur, 02 August 2007 - 12:27 PM.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:44 AM

Tanlee
  • Premium member
    Tanlee
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

if you are going for geolandar, you might want to approach yhi. when i changed my tyres a year back, their price is cheaper than justin...

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:47 AM

Tanlee
  • Premium member
    Tanlee
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,
May i know where can i get SUV tyres or any shop that sell SUV tyres at good price?

Thanks

if you are going for All Terrain (AT) tyres... do take note your fuel consumption can increase by 10-20%...

but AT tyres do look fierce and good.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

the usual few tyre shops lor... im on toyo. no regrets on this tyre. quiet and sibeh good grip. michelin energy no fight.

Michelin Energy range does not carry SUV tyres, ie. AT, HT or MT tyres

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Vit4wd
  • Vit4wd
    Banned

What is your tyre size?

2005 Grand Vitara 2.0?

Should be 215/65R16 (stock size) if I remember correctly.

Not all SUV tyres have the entire range of sizes.

If you can confirm the tyre size, I can check for you which is available.

Yokohama Geolander AT is a good all rounder tyre with excellent grip in the wet and is not too noisy on the rd too.

Edited by Vit4wd, 04 August 2007 - 05:20 PM.

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

Slowwalker
  • Slowwalker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Told him(fren) abt the FC will increase if change to AT.
But he mentioned look fierce and good. thumbsup.gif
Plus the tyres is thicker than the HT one so can last logner??
Is it true??

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Where, tyres

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users