Air con no cold

Hamburger

while the car is on the move,the air con is fine.but when stationary it bcum no cold.tinking of changing the expansion valve and the filter (the one in the engine bay).wonder if it will help?

↡ Advertisement

Yup, check your condenser coil cooling fan. Could be non-functional already. This fan cools down the aircon condenser coil & when it stops working, the aircon will not be as cold when the vehicle is not moving. When on the move, the incoming air cools the coil, which explains why the aircon seems fine then.

Had the same problem with my old van. Got a new fan, relay & thermostat (the one that determines when the fan should kick in), and problem was solved. [:)]

Car moving then cold, not moving not cold?

Means your aircon coil dirty leow (radiator like thingy infront of your car)

Can DIY, but those coil cleaner from NTUC, spray the foamy thing into your coil.

Hose it down with hose!.........

Else can always sent for a normaly aircon servicing, its only dirt, do not get con into changing any parts.

u go check your engine bay...when ur car is stationary..

The fan should be turning at some time..

if the fan never turn all the time..means the fan up lorry.

if there is funny sound (like metal hitting against each other)...there may be a need to lup the air con lubricant....

only after you solve this issue..then maybe you can consider some form of tube insulation....

sorry..correct me if i am wrong

did a check n found e e (outside)fan working fine.enuh freon gas as the pipe line is cold.was told by air con man tat e coil is dirty which explains why it is not cold when car is stationary.asked him for a theory behind tat n he just say :is like tat...anyway,find it risky to clean e evaporating coil as it may lead to premature leaking. [sweatdrop]

wat car you driving?

so what solution does he propose to get it up and working again?

cost?

where u get it done?

thanks.

Hi Fren, most car have 2 fans, condenser fan n radiator fan. Just check tis 2 will help solve your problem if according to your description.:)

while the car is on the move,the air con is fine.but when stationary it bcum no cold.tinking of changing the expansion valve and the filter (the one in the engine bay).wonder if it will help?

alright...dun think too much...

I had the same problem once...and i found out the wire to the compressor is too long and its rubbing against my timing belt...hence fuse burnt...

Just change the fuse and bundle up the wire can liao!

Maybe ur situation is the same...check for that 1st...rather change here change there nothing works...

agree....

that time my one stationary not cold. moving in highway then start to cold....

later realised that the cold pipe leaking.....one of the nut never tighten properly, so that air con guy just tighen the nut and top up the air con gas....

a few months same problem....then i go air con guy again....he say air con fan motor gone case....he take out screw driver and knock the center of the air con fan motor....viola! air con fan start moving again......air con get cold again....

but he say the air con fan is a wear and tear part.....he say some thing like the carbon no more already....i dont know what he is talking.....he say can don change the fan but it will break down later becase the carbon no more.....so he say chnage new one must pay $70.

bo pian pay loh.....

so you see whether the air con fan whether moving or not....if not moving, knock knock a bit heh hehe [idea]

me ride is previa.

air con man propose chge fan coil rather than wash it.

he just say cost few hundreds.don know is 3 or 9 hundred

pl at amk pk 2

is it the fan motor assy or the condenser coil??

if fan motor assy...including labour costs...should not be 900+++....

maybe you can ask for 2nd opinion...

Neutral Newbie

The most probable problem lies with the compressor. When the car is moving, the compressor can function normally but when it is stationary, the compresor can't produce enoguh torque to work properly. Of course to totally resolve your problem , it is advisable to change the receiver-drier and expansion valve and clean up the evaporator/coiling coils well. My nephew's audio shop in JB had done many similar cases (including sp registered veh) as yours recently.

Hope I have clear your doubt???

Yup, the carbon he was referring to is the carbon brushes of the motor. As electric motors have 2 carbon brushes transferring current to the rotating shaft of the motor coil, the tips of these carbon brushes will wear off with time. When this happens, electrical current is interrupted, thus the motor doesn't work anymore. [;)]

↡ Advertisement