Frequent Flyer Programme

David

Turbocharged

Nope its not a liability unless its self induced (ie. the member tries to keep up with the mileage accrual system just so he's elite gold, PPS, Solitaire PPS and etc etc).

isn't it pitiful if someone needs to keep up with milage acrual just to be in a darn frequent flyer club... [:/]

people, forcing themselves to fly just to earn points so that they can fly more? [sweatdrop]

liability to who ?? the airline or the customer ?? [confused] if the airline then yes....definitely....if the customer then not really...what liability can a customer have towards all this FFP ?? [;)][;)]

Being a FF got its advantage at times...especially when you reach the airport either too early(can fill yourself up with beer and get onto the plane and just sleep immediately, next you realise already reached liao [laugh][laugh] ) or running short of time (the queue sometime a little shorter...i mean sometime har).... [;)]

yes....agree. If he tries to keep up with the status, then I can expect it'll be very jialat.

Elite status....is very important to many ppl. I'm not immune to it. [:/]

Elite Gold onwards, you get to cut queue, eat+drink for free at lounge, no need to fight with ppl for free internet, get better seats......

but I can foresee once the status is lost (due to lesser travelling) by a bit, then many would be tempted to pay for a trip to keep up. I'm praying that this doesn't happens to me for now. If that day comes, I hope I can bit the bullet and just downgrade.

Juz downgrade.

Have done that been there.

From PPS -> Gold

Gold -> Silver

Still ok..

Only diff is, convenience provided by the PPS is really good.

Shower facilities.. lounge.. priority queue...

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

sama sama...now at silver only...

to be honest, only benefit to me is the in tier miles bonus, which you get at silver already anyway. everything else is just extra. Shower, food, beer, it's good in the lounges in the SG and the bigger terminals overseas....if you kena those "shared" lounges...I rather go walk around and get a beer elsewhere.

I've got miles spread over so many airlines and sometimes the struggle is to find the time and a place to expend the miles before they expire. :(

yup...back to square one again lor...nevermind...anyway that's how all of our started out with our travelling in the first place...I am prepare to be chop off too liao...cause company save money so sometimes travel by other airline which is not star alliance member....ha ha ha... [laugh][laugh]

I understand if I keep the rate of mile accurals, then I might get a chance with PPS for a while. But EG is very big diff from ES already.

But the rate of accurals might not be that high anymore. My boss felt I probably will dislike travelling too much as I've got family. So he's asking me to train up the younger ones. Not before long, I'll be back to ES and then ordinary again.

But I realised with the AMEX KrisF card, I get quite alot of miles coz I spend alot and this gets me alot of free flights.

I used to have a few FF from different airlines. But I felt I was stupid coz it got to nowhere. ie, I wasted 20K miles at skywards for nothing. Would be happy if it was starAlliance miles right now.

For even all the funny places I go, with careful planning, it's possible (or as much as possible) only fly with StarAlliance. I wouldn't waste any from now on.

But many a times, I find staralliance flights isn't all expensive. Look at ANA, UA, even SQ got reasonably ok price. But if you compare with budget airlines then cannot.

But I always tell them that to never risk anything with budget airlines. Don't talk about bad things or accidents but ie, it could be a delay and the job is gone. Furthermore how much is the savings? Sometimes the timing could be bad and you might waste more time / hotel fees.