Frequent Flyer Programme

David

Neutral Newbie

Not true bro. You will need to have some activity on your account in NWA in a period of 3 years to keep it active, else you might log in one day and see all the miles go missing.

Most worthwhile redemption on NWA is for Japan. :D

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I had 20k+ on American Airlines...and it was accrued while they were still flying out of SG...but I think they pulled out of their SG to Japan flights, so one day, login in and all my miles were gone.

Ditto with JAL, Cathay...all these I kiss goodbye already.

Now just focusing on SQ and also using the Krisflyer Amex to get more miles. Supplement that with the UOB Signature card for places that don't accept Amex to get the miles.

But the problem with SQ is they are going to position their "brand" even further up the market. Since beginning of this year, their prices have gone up across the board. :(

You mean the fares have gone up? I hope the redemption doesn't [sweatdrop] otherwise everything's just inflated and the miles are worthless.

I actually missed out the miles when Amex is not allowed. The problem is, I'm quite stuck with Ocbc because of long history and the convenience of having everything in 1 bank....kept me away from signing up another bank's card. Even though....I think I might already have this UOB card.....hmm. probably unused.

But I heard you can transfer miles to KF...but not sure if you lose alot during conversion.

too bad my boss don't understand much about this logic of airline safety...ANA price is ok going to Jap...Asiana for going Korea...UA to the states...but then when going to China...ha ha ha...They are damm cheap...I just went to Zhoushan last couple of weeks ago...International+Domestic+Tax all in only approx SGD800 on China Eastern...too hard for my boss to resist....I flew a couple of time on chinese airline...can vomit blood... [laugh][laugh]

Humm....then I am not sure...cause usually there will be activity either for hotel or travelling on some Worldperk partners...but then confirm the miles no expiring as I clock my first mile in more then 6 or 7 yrs ago and till now it is still there....

Yup NWA go Narita best offer...think its something like 20k or 25k only... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

If you are flying alone, then I think SQ goes china pretty ex. Airfares to Shanghai I bought recently cost about $1233 or so, with tax. I don't think it's competitive.

But if you are travelling with another person, GV2, then the price drops to $500. After tax around $800.

But GV2 no miles. sometimes I hate travelling with another person coz it'll be GV2.

China Eastern .... my mum took recently. She said it was scary at 1 part during a domestic flight. Flew up and 1hr later, almost arriving at another place, the plane announced that they got some problems with the instruments and so cannot land at this place. Must detour back to original airport. Scared sia.

I am most of the time a lonely traveller....ha ha ha... [laugh][laugh] too bad...so SQ price is most of the time or I should say always very lousy lor...My trip to Zhoushan is via Shanghai also...Imagine single person fare..+ Tax + Domestic...= SQ's GV2 price+tax...I can't blame my boss for putting my life at stake [laugh][laugh] and at the expense on my comfort [laugh][laugh][;)] But frankly speaking the chinese airline is worst than our local budget airline...except when I am on China Eastern...the stewardess quite ok...but on Air China..I was scolded.... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

SQ more miles require...ha ha ha...cause the normal fare also more mah...but frankly not speaking because I am Singaporean but I do find that SQ is really amount one of the best airline you can find...Altough alot is catching up fast....I like Asiana too because very often they have a set of "United Nation" crew on board....ha ha ha... [;)]

Neutral Newbie
You mean the fares have gone up? I hope the redemption doesn't [sweatdrop] otherwise everything's just inflated and the miles are worthless.

I actually missed out the miles when Amex is not allowed. The problem is, I'm quite stuck with Ocbc because of long history and the convenience of having everything in 1 bank....kept me away from signing up another bank's card. Even though....I think I might already have this UOB card.....hmm. probably unused.

But I heard you can transfer miles to KF...but not sure if you lose alot during conversion.

Fares for biz class have gone up..and will go up with the new planes and new seating configurations. My company already started using other airlines as a result.

For UOB Signature, there's a one time conversion charge of $ 10, which is very low as most other CC need you to sign up for the frequent flyer link at $ 40 per year. Plus their conversion ratio is the best behind the KF Amex card.

Neutral Newbie

the miles don't expire, but they can deactivate the account if there's not been any activity for 3 years. So basically, what I do is either I accrue via hotel stays or I redeem a flight.

I think I can redeem a few more tix to Japan...hahah...sian alr...

Neutral Newbie
Being a FF got its advantage at times...especially when you reach the airport either too early(can fill yourself up with beer and get onto the plane [;)]

Not anymore bro.. nowadays both the biz and first class lounges dont even have beer!

Maybe bec too many ppl are going in and they are cutting cost.

Anyway its getting harder to get into the PPS program.... hope i can get my 25th sector by next friday !

Ya I find the stewardess pleasant to look at or not....needs some luck. Sometimes on our airlines, I was kinda shocked + surprised to find 1-2 that looked more like men. But I kept thinking maybe they look like eye-candy to some non-asians. Anyway looks are quite subjective so I don't want to say more [sly]

I find ANA stewardess also very pleasant. Even if they are not so pretty (rare), their 368% smile will make up for everything else.

Hey, I saw quite some being scolded by some UA stewardess. Fierce sia. I also scared.

How come no beer? Maybe PPS' first class and business lounge are health conscious now. For the star alliance sat premiere lounge, got almost everything I thought... [:p]

Or maybe you have it by the barrel .... more fresh than canned ones.

Just curious bro, what did you get scolded for? Honestly I can't imagine an air stewardess being fierce..well unless maybe a passenger pissed all over the toilet seat cover [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement