Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
266 replies to this topic | 65 praises

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:46 PM

Meecar
  • Meecar
    Banned

Hope this is helpful and drive safely... for the guys do try to come back with 3 legs

smile.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• f06047-roadsigns.jpg

Edited by Meecar, 19 August 2007 - 04:50 PM.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i think they should change the words to english.. how on earth will the tourist driving know WTF they implying on the signboards... if not malay/english signboard...

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

the moment they switch to english..their no brainer politicians will start their kpkb-ing abt the lost of their culture, languange etc etc.. laugh.gif

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Their citizens mostly dun understand English. unimpressed.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:09 PM

Skyw4lker
  • Skyw4lker
    4th Gear
    Author Image

this is one of the best thread ! useful great info for drivers driving up north..
-----------------
beware of untrustworthy and dua kang BUAYA PI who is FUNNY

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

quite true also.. the stupid cashier watsons told me the price in malay when i talk solely in english.. marchiam i understand like tat.. then i got to look at the machine display to know the total price..

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

their no brainer politicians should change the language to original arabic instead of malay since they like their culture so much...

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:35 PM

Weichien
  • Weichien
    5th Gear
    Author Image

stupid citizen.
i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

Thermodynamics
  • Thermodynamics
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just scold her in Hokkien. Or maybe ask her understand the four letter F word or not.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

cannot say stupid citizen.. i can only say the politician are only out for their own pockets instead of helping the nation's growth or the people.. unimpressed.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:42 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

must see which area of boleh land, bro... lots of hokkiens in klang area.. maybe she understand all the hokkien's bad mouthing wordings laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:45 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it's their politicians lah

most of their educated malays already mixed their daily conversation in english and malays liao..that's where manglish came from..

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:55 PM

Moozzie
  • Moozzie
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i think they should change the words to english.. how on earth will the tourist driving know WTF they implying on the signboards... if not malay/english signboard...

Learn malay lah. Very easy language. It's always good to know another language. You can already read it, only need to know the meaning. Unlike chinese, thai, tamil, japanese, know how to speak also very difficult to learn to read.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

Meecar
  • Meecar
    Banned

May be we should not be so quick to point finger at our neighbours

look at our mrt, there are no chinese signs even thought more than 60% are chinese

it does not matter to our generation but what about the old people

in the heartland many older generation wants to be independent and do not want to trouble their children but without chinese sign they are lost

the other story closely related to your issue is that sometime ago

with regards to pavement on the road to make it more handicap friendly or kneeing buses ... some politicians said not financially viable

.... so lets be fair

we do not pay contribute to their road tax, any while in Rome , we should learn the Roman ways

it is like we are so use to right hand drive, but in the States it is left hand drive but are we going to write to Georgy Bushy that he should change the road system for us

smile.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:39 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think we sud just respect their road signs in whatever language lah.

In Thailand, many signs r in Thai as in other countries they will use their local language but some will also have the english translation.

The best r those "International" signs which needs no words. For me, I just slow down when I see signs in red or orange as these r recognised as warning signs & most ask us to slow down anyway. sly.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

Drafting88
  • Premium member
    Drafting88
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

their no brainer politicians should change the language to original arabic instead of malay since they like their culture so much...

Err...arabic is not their culture hence no question of the official language in Malaysia to be Arabic.

Btw, I wonder if those who complain would call the French and Italians stupid too as their road signs are also in their respective languages.

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Autobahns
  • Autobahns
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

BTW, did any 1 ask why our road signs are in "English" when none of our "forefathers" are either ang moh or ???? else do not pass unreasonable comments abt others hur.gif

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

Dexlee
  • Dexlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

But do you think you will remember? unless you want to print out and take it with you when you drive up north

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

Comfy
  • Comfy
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

well.. i'm not pointing or blaming.. but it will be more friendly isn't? but aren't we glad some places still has the chinese/malay/tamil signs to aid others who doesn't know english?

Posted 19 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

Skyw4lker
  • Skyw4lker
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if I drive up north often I think I will.Just in case.
-----------------
beware of untrustworthy and dua kang BUAYA PI who is FUNNY

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Benefit, those, travel, NORTH and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users