Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

[smash] Thinking to drive up north tomorrow morning, wonder any speeding trap on Sunday morning...

There had been reports of incidents where one may not go beyond speed limit and yet may be pulled over for 'speeding' along NSH. Read C-K's post no. 214 to JoelWong's to understand my statement.

Therefore, the best is not to wonder BUT to travel within speed limit. Otherwise, you will not be able to focus on driving safely while looking out for speed traps.

Edited by Neutralsg
↡ Advertisement

made a 1-day trip to KL and back. No speeding trap at all [thumbsup]

1 day for fun? Alone? No overnight stay? Hmm. You must adventurous to make such effort unless you have a specific purpose to do so other than F & E trip. :D What time did you leave SG and KL?

Anyway, glad to know that you had no speed trap issues which could have made your trip less pleasurable.

For such a distant travel, I will normally make an overnight stay even if I drive for a specific purpose. Otherwise, would prefer to fly since driving will take at least 6-7 hours back and forth which is tedious for me. Perhaps traveling to Malacca or within Johore for a one day trip won't be too tedious for me. Further, I dislike driving at night MY highways since it is often without lightings on most parts.

Have a nice week ahead! [wave]

1 day for fun? Alone? No overnight stay? Hmm. You must adventurous to make such effort unless you have a specific purpose to do so other than F & E trip. :D What time did you leave SG and KL?

Bro,

Thanks. I must admit that I enjoy driving. I normally leave SG ~7am, arrive KL in-time for early lunch. Then leave KL ~6pm, in-time for dinner in Melaka, and back to SG before midnight. Total distance round trip is ~800km in less than 24 hours.

Next time you need a "drive guide" to KL, let me know [:)]

Road on your month...Stop and ask if lost what so hard about it??? I always stop at petrol stations and ask...

Road on your month...Stop and ask if lost what so hard about it??? I always stop at petrol stations and ask...

Always good to research in advance before ask some strangers, i heard of some cases where askers were directed to "Holland"... Also, get a GPS as reference, at least direct you to a close by landmark.

Bro,

Thanks. I must admit that I enjoy driving. I normally leave SG ~7am, arrive KL in-time for early lunch. Then leave KL ~6pm, in-time for dinner in Melaka, and back to SG before midnight. Total distance round trip is ~800km in less than 24 hours.

Next time you need a "drive guide" to KL, let me know [:)]

[thumbsup] Your description of the [drivingcar] trip suffice to give me a vicarious pleasure of the trip. :D

Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers! and have a great day! [wave]

[thumbsup] Your description of the [drivingcar] trip suffice to give me a vicarious pleasure of the trip. :D

Thanks for the offer though.

Cheers! and have a great day! [wave]

I like your word choice of "vicarious" :

1.experienced through another by imagining: experienced through somebody else rather than at first hand, by using sympathy or the power of the imagination

2.endured for somebody else: done or endured by somebody as a substitute for somebody else

3.delegated: delegated to somebody else or performing a function that has been delegated

Good chat with you.

Always good to research in advance before ask some strangers, i heard of some cases where askers were directed to "Holland"... Also, get a GPS as reference, at least direct you to a close by landmark.

Yeah and the story is an experience I had when I got lost back in the 80s on my way to Genting Highlands with my young family then. GPS was unheard then.

It's good to have a GPS system and reliable one too. I think a member Tianmo once depended on GPS to bring him to Chinatown but ended up elsewhere. [laugh]

Edited by Neutralsg

Yeah and the story is an experience I had when I got lost back in the 80s on my way to Genting Highlands with my young family then. GPS was unheard then.

It's good to have a GPS system and reliable one too. I think a member Tianmo once depended on GPS to bring him to Chinatown but ended up elsewhere. [laugh]

Bro, have you gone back since 80's ? Still lost... [confused]

I think different problem nowadays, plenty of road sign but not sure which one to follow...

Bro, have you gone back since 80's ? Still lost... [confused]

I think different problem nowadays, plenty of road sign but not sure which one to follow...

Of course lah, since then had gone back many times already and know my way without GPS or having to ask for directions. Usually, if I intend to include Genting as part of my itinerary, I will drive because it's more convenient unless I intend to stay only in KL or Malacca.

I'll see if there is any opportunity for me to create a reason to drive up to Penang again also. Drove there only twice or thrice but usually stop overnight at KL or Ipoh.

Hope you'll continue to enjoy hassle free trips each time you drive up. Don't bother too much about the men in the bushes ok because we too have them [smash] if not up on the bridges, maybe up in the trees. [:p][laugh]

Cheers! [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg

Neutral Newbie

Anyway, glad to know that you had no speed trap issues which could have made your trip less pleasurable.

For such a distant travel, I will normally make an overnight stay even if I drive for a specific purpose. Otherwise, would prefer to fly since driving will take at least 6-7 hours back and forth which is tedious for me. Perhaps traveling to Malacca or within Johore for a one day trip won't be too tedious for me. Further, I dislike driving at night MY highways since it is often without lightings on most parts.

Have a nice week ahead! [wave]

I am one of those who likes driving in the dark. Perhaps you might not have been to US? Standard highway construction code says that highways without lights cause less distraction towards drivers and less strain on the eyes as the eyes need only to focus on the cars ahead. Eitherway it is a personal preference.

Having travel there nearly every week for work related issues, i love driving on the NS highway after 11pm, less traffic, police sleep d and no sunlight to make me sleepy......

I like your word choice of "vicarious" :

1.experienced through another by imagining: experienced through somebody else rather than at first hand, by using sympathy or the power of the imagination

2.endured for somebody else: done or endured by somebody as a substitute for somebody else

3.delegated: delegated to somebody else or performing a function that has been delegated

Good chat with you.

Missed out this post. Just want you to know that it's been nice chatting with you just as I had with some others too! [thumbsup]

Cheers! [wave]

I am one of those who likes driving in the dark. Perhaps you might not have been to US? Standard highway construction code says that highways without lights cause less distraction towards drivers and less strain on the eyes as the eyes need only to focus on the cars ahead. Eitherway it is a personal preference.

Having travel there nearly every week for work related issues, i love driving on the NS highway after 11pm, less traffic, police sleep d and no sunlight to make me sleepy......

You're correct in that I've yet to visit the states.

Nevertheless, while I may dislike driving in the night on MY highways, I had; besides driving at night on MY highways without much difficulties ( I use the barriers and road paintings as a guide in the absence of front vehicles while traveling between above 110 kmp/h); even done that at 3 a.m. due to vehicle breakdown (due carburetor problem) which virtually limped its way back to SG. Indeed having the absence of the polis is one advantage of driving in the night. [:p]

Like you said, it's just a matter of preference although I can still do so if necessary.

Cheers! and have a nice day! [wave]

Edited by Neutralsg

Finally met some "kaki" whom driving up north often. Me too, if not rain, I find that driving at night is OK too, subject that your headlights are bright enough. That is why I invested in HID on my pre-owned ride.

I find that driving at 110km/hr could be sleepy, cruising at ~140km/hr is comfortable, 160-180km/hour definitely keep me awake with eyes BIG BIG [rolleyes] , because got to stand-by to jam brake for vehicles switch lane from left. For high speed, I often look for a "lead vehicle", preferably SUV like Volve XC60 or 90, Ceyenne, Audi Q5 or Q7 to lead in front.

Neutral Newbie

Finally met some "kaki" whom driving up north often. Me too, if not rain, I find that driving at night is OK too, subject that your headlights are bright enough. That is why I invested in HID on my pre-owned ride.

I find that driving at 110km/hr could be sleepy, cruising at ~140km/hr is comfortable, 160-180km/hour definitely keep me awake with eyes BIG BIG [rolleyes] , because got to stand-by to jam brake for vehicles switch lane from left. For high speed, I often look for a "lead vehicle", preferably SUV like Volve XC60 or 90, Ceyenne, Audi Q5 or Q7 to lead in front.

That speaks experience in you bro. Correct, thats how i drive too, find a fast moving vehicle and tag along...... I purposely bought a car with xenons to make sure that the journey at night is more pleasant, and like you say, driving faster actually keeps you awake due to the awareness of surrounding and "kia si" feeling. Really cool to find someone sharing my passion

That speaks experience in you bro. Correct, thats how i drive too, find a fast moving vehicle and tag along...... I purposely bought a car with xenons to make sure that the journey at night is more pleasant, and like you say, driving faster actually keeps you awake due to the awareness of surrounding and "kia si" feeling. Really cool to find someone sharing my passion

Next time I see a Passat CC at night (after 11pm) on NSHW, will tag along with you... [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement