Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

I am one of those who likes driving in the dark. Perhaps you might not have been to US? Standard highway construction code says that highways without lights cause less distraction towards drivers and less strain on the eyes as the eyes need only to focus on the cars ahead. Eitherway it is a personal preference.

I find that driving at 110km/hr could be sleepy, cruising at ~140km/hr is comfortable, 160-180km/hour definitely keep me awake with eyes BIG BIG [rolleyes] , because got to stand-by to jam brake for vehicles switch lane from left. For high speed, I often look for a "lead vehicle", preferably SUV like Volve XC60 or 90, Ceyenne, Audi Q5 or Q7 to lead in front.

Absolutely true. I have been advised not to drive in the night in MY roads. Not having street lights is no problem at all for me to drive. In fact I find partially lit roads a huge strain. Singapore it is ok, as it is so small, but in a highway covering 1500 kms? That would kill me.The places where I drove, the highways don't have street lights, primarily for the reason they are a distraction rather than value addition. I don't drive beyond 1:30 - 2:00 AM though as I get to feel sleepy during that time and hence complete night drives are not for me. But it is because I feel sleepy and not because there are no street lights.

About tailgating, though it is considered rude, but experienced drivers will not mind being followed, albeit at a distance so that the lights of rear car don't come glaring in their rear view mirror. Any one coming so close during night driving to blind yourself in the mirror is driving dangerously and I will move to the left and let that guy move forward.

Nainar

↡ Advertisement

Not sure if anyone posted before but good to refresh knowledge again...with school holidays approaching soon in end May and many cars on the road...do do your due car safety checks before hitting the long journey..

Good for those AA members too...

PLUSMiles and AAM breakdown assistance program at the PLUS highways - WOW Hotline 1800-22-3000.

PLUS launches 24-hour Workshop on Wheels

NILAI: PLUS, the concessionaire for the 848km-long North-South Expressway, is partnering with Automobile Association of Malaysia (AAM) to provide a “Workshop on Wheels” (WOW) service to prevent highway users from being fleeced by unscrupulous tow truck and workshop operators.

The first phase of the service, which offers on-the-spot repairs at AAM-sanctioned rates and a free towing service for up to 35km along the highway, was launched yesterday between Seremban and Johor Baru.

The round-the-clock WOW service will be extended along the entire stretch of the highway in the next three months.

PLUS managing director Datuk Noorizah Abd Hamid said the service was introduced as the concessionaire had received “far too many” complaints from motorists claiming to have been slapped with hefty bills by tow truck and workshop operators.

“Since AAM has its own panel of workshops, which it regularly audits, we decided to introduced the WOW service. We want to minimise the possibility of motorists being fleeced by unscrupulous people,” she said.

Existing PLUSMile or AAM members will not be charged a labour fee.

“However, motorists can chose to become members on the spot and will not be charged for labour,” she said.

Noorizah said motorists would only need to call PLUSLine toll-free number 1800-88-0000 or use the emergency phones along the highway to report a breakdown.

The existing PLUSRonda team should arrive within 15 minutes and if they are unable to rectify the problem, the WOW team will be dispatched.

If parts need to be changed, motorists will be given the option to buy from the WOW team at prices pre-determined by AAM.

However, if a vehicle has a major engine problem it will be towed to the nearest R&R or toll plaza.

292701_382087908542776_1009941755_n.jpg

Hi guys, can I check what's the toll charges to and fro Melaka? Including the custom toll charges at Tuas?

I forgot to look out for the numbers when I was driving past.

Need it for claiming purposes. And the website www.plus.com.my is unable to calculate as it is under maintenance.

Thanks.

Edited by Eviltrap

Hi guys, can I check what's the toll charges to and fro Melaka? Including the custom toll charges at Tuas?

I forgot to look out for the numbers when I was driving past.

Need it for claiming purposes. And the website www.plus.com.my is unable to calculate as it is under maintenance.

Thanks.

You can check your past transactions at http://e-services.touchngo.com.my/e-Statement/

Yes.

thanks, bro. do you know which exit i should take in order to get from E2 to E6? i believe i took the wrong route and ended up at Sungai Besi Toll. :huh:[sweatdrop] took me a while before i was able to get to E1. [blush]

Is KL safe these days? One of my colleagues just went there? and found his family being stalked by two strangers near KLCC.Terrified his wife and kids so badly they didn't dare to venture out of the hotel for the final day of their trip.

I think we sud just respect their road signs in whatever language lah.

In Thailand, many signs r in Thai as in other countries they will use their local language but some will also have the english translation.

The best r those "International" signs which needs no words. For me, I just slow down when I see signs in red or orange as these r recognised as warning signs & most ask us to slow down anyway. sly.gif

Agree with u bro, when you go to other plp country, you have to follow their culture and obey their rules. Otherwise, dont go. Even 1st world country like Japan and France doesnt speak in English, so? try to complain lo... see whether any changes made or not.

• Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)

Is KL safe these days? One of my colleagues just went there? and found his family being stalked by two strangers near KLCC.Terrified his wife and kids so badly they didn't dare to venture out of the hotel for the final day of their trip.

I read alot of news on many terrorist caught in KL.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/26/malaysian-police-arrest-12-people-isis-links

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/06/malaysia-arrests-17-for-alleged-terrorist-attack-plot-in-kuala-lumpur

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/anti-terror-unit-nabs-isis-leader-in-kuala-lumpur

These really made me think twice before going KL. I always dress poorly when I am in Malaysia giving them an impression that I am poor - so don't rob me. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] But all depends on luck one.

Edited by Dleodleo

Neutral Newbie

I need to rent a chauffeured car from SG to Port Dickson from July 17 to 19. Anyone has any contact?

Thank you.

Turbocharged
(edited)

I need to rent a chauffeured car from SG to Port Dickson from July 17 to 19. Anyone has any contact?

Thank you.

CHAFFEURED?

You sure bro? So must pay for driver + car + driver's accomodation...

Ain't gonna be cheap...you didn't consider driving yourself - Port Dickson is an easy drive from SG

Also do note - not sure how many travelling - but a driver does reduce your seats by 1 - so this might need to be a consideration

On edit - for this would probably be best to look for someone from Port Dickson itself - maybe there is somewhere like ST classifieds you could post an ad

Edited by Darryn

Supercharged

CHAFFEURED?

You sure bro? So must pay for driver + car + driver's accomodation...

Ain't gonna be cheap...you didn't consider driving yourself - Port Dickson is an easy drive from SG

Also do note - not sure how many travelling - but a driver does reduce your seats by 1 - so this might need to be a consideration

On edit - for this would probably be best to look for someone from Port Dickson itself - maybe there is somewhere like ST classifieds you could post an ad

Ask Mr Dong to Uber lah.

(edited)

planning to drive to KL this Raya long weekend. Any idea how will the jam be on Friday morning? :D

my friends went malacca over labour day long weekend.. jam whole journey due to jam/slow traffic was 12hrs.. they set off at 7am. return was 8hrs, set off 8pm iirc.

good luck mate!

Edited by oleandero

planning to drive to KL this Raya long weekend. Any idea how will the jam be on Friday morning? :D

It is going to be bad and usually a lot of accidents, so drive safe. The recent race riot in KL doesn't help.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1