Benefit to those who travel NORTH but always wanted to know

Meecar

well.. she could say sorri.. i couldn't understand english.. that's not a problem.. its the attitude that put me off.. at last give me a blur f look.. [mad]

↡ Advertisement

hi,

I have a fantastic idea for u,

since u cant and wouldnt want to understd Malay.

dont go to Malaysia...simple...problem solved. [:)]

and while we are at it.

why dont we get all the FTs, migrants, PRs who come here to take a course or something and prove they are proficient in English...isnt knowing english mean we are world class and good and all things wonderful?

this thread is so funny. [flowerface]

FTs come .. dun know english nvm...

SG more than willing to accept them... what we want is "diversity" !!!!

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Look at the chinese profs in the uni.. u will understand... [crazy]

yup, just like most overseas Chinese think every Chinese can speak Cantonese. [rolleyes][laugh]

Actually m'sia is ok. people in Melaka and Kl generally speak english. Those who don't, it's still not a problem...can learn to understand basic malay. [;)][;)]

sometimes u just don't get the chance to learn any of the malay language... even till now, after a year of these thread i still catch no ball... no target to practice... even those malay drill commands also forget liao.. [:p]

good to dig out such a thread mah.. It helps to remind u how stupid your thinking was 1 year ago. If u had changed then good for u for realising that taking the advice of others would help u mature your thinking

but if u still think otherwise then anyone can still dig up this thread n suan u Hahaha!

Its damn hilarious that u wanted them to change their signs to english when they are all educated in malay (Hei at the least its in english alphabets. Look at the thais/japs/koreans).

Since u say that they are stupid for not changing their signs to english,

why dun u also say that they so stupid never change their ringgit become SG dollars so dat u dun need go change money at money changer Lol [laugh]

Anyway someones mentioned that if u refuse to learn, change and accept that once u are

across the causeway it is a different country, language and ppl then solution is to just stay in Sillypore and be a happy Sillyporean [sunny]

Nowadays quite alot of malays understand chinese and some even know hw to speak hokkien..My malay fren also understand chinese becuz he always stick wif mi in school last time..I'v also master my malay from him.. [sly]

I think we sud just respect their road signs in whatever language lah.

In Thailand, many signs r in Thai as in other countries they will use their local language but some will also have the english translation.

The best r those "International" signs which needs no words. For me, I just slow down when I see signs in red or orange as these r recognised as warning signs & most ask us to slow down anyway. [sly]

hmm for thai, most of their important signboards come with thai and english wors. it is very useful. tried driving to phuket and normally hatyai. good job done by thai govt for improving on this.

When you are travelling on trunk roads/small roads in Malaysia which are 2 directional carriage ways, most local drivers (especially big lorries which block your vision ahead) are kind enough to indicate whether it is safe for you to overtake them.

If you are following behind a big lorry and it's signalling right, means they're trying to tell you that there are oncoming vehicles on opposite direction. Do not overtake.

Vice versa, if they signal left, then most likely you are safe to overtake, but still overtake with caution based on your own judgement.

If vehicles on opposite traffic flash on you, that means there is a road block or police speed trap ahead. Slow down and proceed with caution.

stupid citizen.

i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

Dun like that leh... I still want my CHEAP PATROL, CHEAP MAKAN, CHEAP GIRLS (u know where) leh....

Edited by Apvman

When on NWHW, watch out for white Proton Wira. It could be traffic police. We can't tell, when we are at their back. Only to see the police logo when overtaking it.

stupid citizen.

i think if they really want to build a world class nation and a 1st world nation. they need to make english the main lan. and stop all their malay advantage. i'm glad singapore stop all this despite malaysia wanting sg to give malays the advantage. that's why sg have all the success today

whats the diff when PRC working in SG cant even understand simple english?I asked for rice instead of noodles,in the end kept asking me if i want noodles..at least msian are in their homeland where it is their national language,so can't really complain.

hi all, may i know if parking at city square is safe? is it safe to park there between 10pm - 3am for a midnight show? does anyone know Puteri Pacific's parking rates?

↡ Advertisement